Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069827 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10800 on: October 19, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
Read whole thread but here’s a highlight

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1318210439780749319

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mentioned in the thread, but the next thing trump said was if he listened to fauci there would be 500k deaths by now then revised that to 700k and 800k a few minutes later
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: October 19, 2020, 11:59:04 AM »

:sdeek:

That would mean AL would have more than doubled in a week.

:blank:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:25 PM »
A couple kc metro hospitals reached capacity in their covid wards this weekend. Pretty alarming increase recently in the area.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: October 19, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
Iowa numbers look wrong but the rest look about right. Also looks like Missouri changed how they calculated positivity or had a weird data dump a couple weeks back back.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/?chart=states-normalized&highlight=Missouri&show=10&y=both&scale=linear&data=testPositivity-daily-7&data-source=merged&xaxis=right&extra=Kansas%2CAlabama#states-normalized

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: October 19, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
Yeah our positivity rate is high but not that high. We really haven't been prone to massive swings in positivity rate outside of the college students returning to school. Since a six week partial shutdown from mid March to the beginning of May, we've had no mitigation efforts at all, that flattens the curve, but never lowers it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: October 19, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
Just read an article in Vox about Germany.  About the time Fauci was telling us to not wear masks, they were telling people to put on masks.

Fauci should have been fired a long time ago.

The next theme is that they listened to the scientists.   We listened to the scientists as well, and our scientists and Surgeon General told us for 3 weeks to not wear masks at a critical time . . . just a few weeks after Fauci told us in multiple interviews we had nothing to worry about, backed by headlines such as "You'll have a better chance of getting (insert something here) then you will getting Covid-19"  (which is kind of true).   

Several of their chief epidemiologists also admitted that they've been very lucky.   One possible Patient Zero (or near Zero) came forward and said he had what felt like a cold, but there was a person from China visiting their factory.   Had that person not come forward very quickly, things could have been very different in Germany.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: October 19, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/arpitrage/status/1318222542247759876

https://twitter.com/arpitrage/status/1318222538472906752

really hope California looks into tighter entry restrictions as gross Nevada is spiking and we have idiots fly home to places like Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Block them at the border/airport.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: October 19, 2020, 12:50:29 PM »

really hope California looks into tighter entry restrictions as gross Nevada is spiking and we have idiots fly home to places like Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Block them at the border/airport.

That’s a tad extreme

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: October 19, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »

I can't fathom why anyone would insist on traveling for traditional thanksgiving.  2020's weird.  Cook a turkey at home, videoconference everyone and laugh at it all, and have a unique chip'd thanksgiving in March or whatever.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: October 19, 2020, 01:11:04 PM »

That’s a tad extreme

it definitely is, but lots of states had quarantine restrictions from certain states this summer. I'm sure they were all voluntary/extremely lax outside of Hawaii, but California didn't even try

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: October 19, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »
A couple kc metro hospitals reached capacity in their covid wards this weekend. Pretty alarming increase recently in the area.

I wouldn't say we're in a good place now but I think that story was overblown.  They turned away non-criticals for like a couple hours it sounds like.  They didn't close to critical patients.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: October 19, 2020, 01:22:48 PM »

That’s a tad extreme

it definitely is, but lots of states had quarantine restrictions from certain states this summer. I'm sure they were all voluntary/extremely lax outside of Hawaii, but California didn't even try

It would be amazing what a quick turnaround available test could do for us.  Just look at the pro/college leagues. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
How does Dax stay so aligned with Trump's talking points of the day?  Dax leads in with the Fauci said no masks and Trump comes in with the Fauci is dumb and can't throw death shot.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10815 on: October 19, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
Just wanna point out that lyman Stoneky's take was much, much hotter than mine. (thread:)

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1318224702561714177

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10816 on: October 19, 2020, 01:53:56 PM »
How does Dax stay so aligned with Trump's talking points of the day?  Dax leads in with the Fauci said no masks and Trump comes in with the Fauci is dumb and can't throw death shot.
Trump gets his talking points directly from Fox News. Usually Fox and Friends in the morning and Lou Dobbs on Fox Business or Hannity/White Power Hour on Fox News in the evening. There are twitter feeds that track what he’s watching every day based on what he’s tweeting and include which downgrade he’s getting it from.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: October 19, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
Trump gets his talking points directly from Fox News. Usually Fox and Friends in the morning and Lou Dobbs on Fox Business or Hannity/White Power Hour on Fox News in the evening. There are twitter feeds that track what he’s watching every day based on what he’s tweeting and include which downgrade he’s getting it from.

yeah, this is pretty easy to prove.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: October 19, 2020, 02:02:56 PM »

COVID winter project, someone take that work then tie to Dax comments here same day.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: October 19, 2020, 02:14:29 PM »

COVID winter project, someone take that work then tie to Dax comments here same day.

Going to publish with CoronaBro Phil's daily meltdowns.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: October 19, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »

I can't fathom why anyone would insist on traveling for traditional thanksgiving.  2020's weird.  Cook a turkey at home, videoconference everyone and laugh at it all, and have a unique chip'd thanksgiving in March or whatever.

same reasons they always do, they miss family. Anecdotally I think a lot of people with new babies or no kids and no family close will be more likely to travel. I think people with school-aged kids will stay put because we still don't have schools open.

I'll be staying in town and probably doing an outside thanksgiving with the people I normally socialize with outside.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: October 19, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »

How does Phil just read the landscape and know that literally hours of video of Tony Fauci et. al. standing at the podium at the White House telling us to not wear masks exists?   In fact, Fauci was very strident about us not wearing masks and even when so far as classifying wearing masks as making the situation worse (while the majority of experts in the world told their constituency to put on masks almost immediately).     

Then in typical CoronaBro Drama Queen Phil opts to just pretend that never happened cus OrangeMan Bad.

Fauci's ongoing funding awards were broken down recently and he's still funding AIDS Research while we're trying to find a vaccine for a Global Pandemic that may kill more people than AIDS ever will at this point in time.   Unless the AIDS research ties into SARS (and it may) then it needs to be placed on the back burner . . .for now.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:35:47 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: October 19, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »

Going to publish with CoronaBro Phil's daily meltdowns.

you should

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: October 19, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »

same reasons they always do, they miss family. Anecdotally I think a lot of people with new babies or no kids and no family close will be more likely to travel. I think people with school-aged kids will stay put because we still don't have schools open.

I'll be staying in town and probably doing an outside thanksgiving with the people I normally socialize with outside.

I haven't admitted it to myself yet, but I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be doing.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: October 19, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
I'm staying home the whole week and video gaming my ass off  :th_twocents: