Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1066984 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10325 on: October 02, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
I don't think he started showing symptoms until today although it isn't entirely clear

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-virus-outbreak-joe-biden-donald-trump-melania-trump-294c95e21aad3d59d453a4b812a13278

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: October 02, 2020, 02:03:03 PM »
I don't give a crap what happens to trump, ultimately he's a stranger who is by all accounts, a really bad person. I'm not going to feign any sympathy. However, I want his wife, as much as a crap bag she appears to be, to be symptom free and to have a quick recovery. She has a son who loves and needs her.
Good point. My sympathy for him is at the base level of human decency for human life sympathy and impact to our country. Agreed on melania.

It's obvious he doesn't care about anybody else so any attempt for his supporters to try the high road that people are being mean that he got it is simply theatrics.

This was their strategy all along.  Everyone knew after all the amazingly shitty/stupid things trump and trumpers said about this virus that a) he would get it and b) trumpers would immediately cry about like a baby without his binkie.

This was 10000% going to happen.  They need to abandon this strategy though because it makes them look stupid and very whiny

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: October 02, 2020, 02:05:08 PM »
Guys, the tests don’t start showing positive the moment the virus enters your body.  It’s not that simple.

Thanks, sparky. No one thinks that here, though. We do know one can test positive before exhibiting any symptoms. If Trump is tested daily, I would have expected this to get caught before he started exhibiting symptoms, given the delay between exposure and onset of symptoms.
This article gives some information about when tests turn positive in relation to the time of infection and the onset of symptoms:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2765837

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: October 02, 2020, 02:17:54 PM »
Guys, the tests don’t start showing positive the moment the virus enters your body.  It’s not that simple.

Thanks, sparky. No one thinks that here, though. We do know one can test positive before exhibiting any symptoms. If Trump is tested daily, I would have expected this to get caught before he started exhibiting symptoms, given the delay between exposure and onset of symptoms.
This article gives some information about when tests turn positive in relation to the time of infection and the onset of symptoms:

Thanks. Fn. a of that chart is what catches my attention. My hunch is that the President/WH is lying about how frequently Trump is tested.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: October 02, 2020, 02:24:46 PM »
This whole thing is just hilarious.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: October 02, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
It’s a prime case study of how clinically stupid people would run a country.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: October 02, 2020, 02:28:34 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: October 02, 2020, 02:36:05 PM »
Melania definitely didn't get it from Donald.  No way she lets that guy be that close to her for any length of time.  Cue the Hope / Melania make out scenes

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: October 02, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »

Thanks. Fn. a of that chart is what catches my attention. My hunch is that the President/WH is lying about how frequently Trump is tested.
I don't know that type of test the WH is using -- PCR vs rapid antibody, etc. This article was published before much had been done with rapid antigen detection tests.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10335 on: October 02, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »

I don't know that type of test the WH is using -- PCR vs rapid antibody, etc. This article was published before much had been done with rapid antigen detection tests.

PCR

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: October 02, 2020, 02:44:39 PM »
I don't follow what the different types of tests are, but I'm 100% positive that Donald j trump is not getting a swab jammed up his nose daily.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: October 02, 2020, 02:46:19 PM »
MD (not gottlieb) on CNBC was saying how garbage the one the white house uses is and that he's been trying to tell them since they began that it was garbage

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: October 02, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »
MD (not gottlieb) on CNBC was saying how garbage the one the white house uses is and that he's been trying to tell them since they began that it was garbage
Yes I saw that too. What’s new tho with this White House?

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: October 02, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »
I don't follow what the different types of tests are, but I'm 100% positive that Donald j trump is not getting a swab jammed up his nose daily.
Ya gotta be careful with those nasal swabs. This patient developed a cerebrospinal fluid leak after getting one (due to a previously unrecognized birth defect):

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaotolaryngology/article-abstract/2771362

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: October 02, 2020, 03:04:40 PM »
If dying makes it more likely for Biden to win, I'd prefer he died. But yeah if he was basically in an ICU until election day and recovered that would be fine too.

dying would presumably throw the nomination to pence, who would probably lose to biden, but the uncertainty on that projection is about 20 billion times higher than the uncertainty on the projection that trump will lose to biden.

trump being in an icu on election day would be way better for biden.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: October 02, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »
If dying makes it more likely for Biden to win, I'd prefer he died. But yeah if he was basically in an ICU until election day and recovered that would be fine too.

dying would presumably throw the nomination to pence, who would probably lose to biden, but the uncertainty on that projection is about 20 billion times higher than the uncertainty on the projection that trump will lose to biden.

ICU until the election it is!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: October 02, 2020, 03:13:28 PM »
Melania definitely didn't get it from Donald.  No way she lets that guy be that close to her for any length of time.  Cue the Hope / Melania make out scenes

neither of them got it from hicks.  not enough incubation time btwn cases.  more likely they all got it from someone they were all exposed to.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: October 02, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »
Ya gotta be careful with those nasal swabs. This patient developed a cerebrospinal fluid leak after getting one (due to a previously unrecognized birth defect):

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaotolaryngology/article-abstract/2771362

so one in a billion reason not to use

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: October 02, 2020, 03:34:05 PM »
also hearing he is getting "experimental" mix of anti viral drugs.  No HCQ though because....not a total moron sheeple

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: October 02, 2020, 03:44:23 PM »
also hearing he is getting "experimental" mix of anti viral drugs.  No HCQ though because....not a total moron sheeple
What’s good for the sheeple may not be for the shepherd
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: October 02, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »
When I'm suffering from a low grade fever, my first thought is that I should probably take some sort of experimental drug, too.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: October 02, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
That HCQ thing was really something.  All he had to do was say the word and trumpers humiliated themselves over it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: October 02, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »

ICU until the election it is!

Wouldn't hurt to then have him die once it's accepted by everyone except him that Biden won, just to take him being an obstructionist about the transition off the table.