Author Topic: The Chair Up There  (Read 27526 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Chair Up There
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Do you consider any KU fans to be defending Silvio’s actions currently? Need to understand your frame of reference here.
Who are you asking?

Anyone who has a view on the subject. If you don’t, that’s fine.
The prevailing view seems to be that Silvio deserved a T for taunting, but the KSU bench unnecessarily escalated the situation by rushing at him.

Dude, Silvio didn't just taunt, he literally walked about 4 or 5 steps and stood over him, that's going to get a reaction from anybody with testicles.
I understand that most men wouldn't enjoy seeing their teammate get completely emasculated and embarrassed like that. It's an understandable reaction.

They actually keep stats for blocked shots, that's how often the happen in games. 

KU scores TD's in the final seconds down by 35, throws lob dunks down 15 with 2 seconds left.   The other team just laughs and high fives each other and goes home.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2020, 09:34:16 AM »
Do you consider any KU fans to be defending Silvio’s actions currently? Need to understand your frame of reference here.
Who are you asking?

Anyone who has a view on the subject. If you don’t, that’s fine.
The prevailing view seems to be that Silvio deserved a T for taunting, but the KSU bench unnecessarily escalated the situation by rushing at him.

Dude, Silvio didn't just taunt, he literally walked about 4 or 5 steps and stood over him, that's going to get a reaction from anybody with testicles.
I understand that most men wouldn't enjoy seeing their teammate get completely emasculated and embarrassed like that. It's an understandable reaction.

Proper bbs'n right here  :Chirp:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
So brawl: straight faced defense

Dunking in garbage time: no straight faced defense

?
Not sure I follow. I don't go in for oversimplification.

LOL, literally no one was defending that with a straight face. It was a bitch move then, just as it is now.

Dunking in garbage time is a bitch move. Stealing the ball down 22 with 5 seconds left while the winning team is just dribbling out the clock is a bitch move (and you know it). The brawl? That's a bit more complicated, because both sides are at fault.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »

?

LOL, literally no one was defending that with a straight face. It was a bitch move then, just as it is now.

Dunking in garbage time is a bitch move. Stealing the ball down 22 with 5 seconds left while the winning team is just dribbling out the clock is a bitch move (and you know it). The brawl? That's a bit more complicated, because both sides are at fault.

Do you have to rent special glasses to view the unwritten rules?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »

?

I laughed when you used that line the first time. It was funny. Don't wear it out, though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »

?

I laughed when you used that line the first time. It was funny. Don't wear it out, though.

Two Usage Limit

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2020, 09:42:24 AM »
Let's not get too serious about this. We all know it was hilarious. The stool will live in infamy, and for the most part both teams walked away without impactful punishment.

Also, Dajuan Gordon, who pronounces his first name hilariously stupidly, is a Busch League beta.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

?

I actually don't see why either is a "bitch" move, although it's certainly not classy.  KU caught flack for garbage time dunks because they've tried to brand themselves as #classy. 

But my real point was that you're re-writing Hawk history to where KU fans never thought their garbage time stuff was ok.  And you're doing it because it fits your narrative here, which allows you to argue that the ONLY thing we can say for certain in all of this was that the KSU garbage time steal was wrong.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2020, 09:51:20 AM »

?

I actually don't see why either is a "bitch" move, although it's certainly not classy.  KU caught flack for garbage time dunks because they've tried to brand themselves as #classy. 

But my real point was that you're re-writing Hawk history to where KU fans never thought their garbage time stuff was ok.  And you're doing it because it fits your narrative here, which allows you to argue that the ONLY thing we can say for certain in all of this was that the KSU garbage time steal was wrong.
I can only attest to my own feelings. I am not responsible for whatever divergent views the ephemeral "KU fans" may or may not hold.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2020, 09:58:59 AM »
Ok, great.  Mods, I think you can delete everything after Pete's 7:24am post.  We got it sorted out.  :cheers:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
But seriously, in world does Dujuan sound like Dijon? Pardon me, could you please pass the Grey Poupon, Dajuan?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2020, 10:08:00 AM »
But seriously, in world does Dujuan sound like Dijon? Pardon me, could you please pass the Grey Poupon, Dajuan?

Treadwear indicator says it's almost time on this take.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
I agree with Spracne that the cats clearing the bench was wrong and escalated the events. However in the broader picture, watching de stoolsa stand over your teammate and use his dong to brush gordon's teeth and be like "this is fine lets go shake hands" would be infinitely worse. Teammates are going to jump to the defense of their teammates when they are being unnecessarily humiliated and if anyone can't wrap their brain around that then i guess i don't know what to tell you.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
Something can be both a bitch move and not a big deal (like a late dunk or steal)

Something can also be both a bitch move and egregious (like diving over the line to tackle a kneeling quarterback or bringing a stool to a shoving match)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »
Something can be both a bitch move and not a big deal (like a late dunk or steal)

Something can also be both a bitch move and egregious (like diving over the line to tackle a kneeling quarterback or bringing a stool to a shoving match)

Lotta truth right here.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2020, 10:30:17 AM »
I'm glad that our freshmen were in the middle of it and the rivalry will have a little more spice to it in what was otherwise pretty worthless game.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2020, 10:32:52 AM »
Grabbing the stool was irrational. I mean, he grabbed it by the seat and would have been swinging a few rinky dink legs at someone. At least grab the legs and swing the seat at someone, because more mass.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
You need precision in a fray like that, not a large surface area. He knew what he was doing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2020, 10:38:14 AM »
Grabbing the stool was irrational. I mean, he grabbed it by the seat and would have been swinging a few rinky dink legs at someone. At least grab the legs and swing the seat at someone, because more mass.

MacGyver 120:  Probably THE online course Silvio should have done himself.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2020, 10:42:24 AM »
more psi in the leg of a stool than the broad side. better for causing damage to vital organs

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »

The seat part is cushioned though.  My guess is he was going to try to gouge someone's eyes out with the legs.  Or impale them.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:29 AM »

The seat part is cushioned though.  My guess is he was going to try to gouge someone's eyes out with the legs.  Or impale them.
Not the seat. Swing the edge! Swing the edge!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
Yes, swing the edge to break the stool, then use the broken leg pieces as stabby sword things

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
Possibly even pick the seat part and use it as a shield

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2020, 10:57:13 AM »
Spracne is enraged that Gordon Stole that ball.