Author Topic: The Chair Up There  (Read 27538 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BRAWL
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:47 PM »
Never before has 1 raised stool done so much to so many.

Spracs, do us a favor and get a memo over to ol Vince McMahon your AD and tell him going forward the chairs next to the AFH floor need to be bolted down, less someone else is attacked by a KthUg player.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2020, 11:45:05 PM »
Never before has 1 raised stool done so much to so many.
Sure...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2020, 11:50:46 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2020, 11:52:16 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2020, 11:54:13 PM »
On second look, the KU staffer unsurprisingly hurling himself at our guy (and not his own) pretty much whiffed, he a former KU football player?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2020, 11:56:22 PM »
I loved it. DGAF. I absolutely loved it.

Then I went on YouTube and relived Malice in the Palace. So much fun.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2020, 12:06:04 AM »
Jeremy Case?  Well that explains the whiff,  so, 6 maybe 7 on 2 out there, and our guys are walking away?

Has KU AD Dana White weighed in publicly on this, yet?

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2020, 12:56:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/tyshawntaylor/status/1219822803697848320?s=20
Greene's dunk is so easily forgotten. What a dumb thing to say, but not surprised given the author. #stilldodumbshit

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2020, 05:00:15 AM »
I did not watch any of this game since there's no point in watching games involving KU until/unless their shameless, filthy pro-am cheating scheme is put to a stop, but I can't help but feel (based on my 5 minutes of WTFing over brawl highlights) that we're collectively focusing a bit too little on the guy who stomped once or twice on what I presume was another (cornered/trapped) human being.  That seems almost as bad as trying/failing to maim the same helpless person with a chair.

How was KU bball not already crippled with sanctions?  College basketball is beyond repair.  If Self kicks De Stoolsa off the team, will the NCAA allow him to hire a replacement from the NBADL or a euro league?  *bites nails*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:41:51 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2020, 06:02:55 AM »
Hey there again you EMAWs!

I'm watching a particular YouTube mashup of the postgame pressers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCL0KDMsVxI) because EVERYONE in the media room at Purdue/Illinois was talking about your game rather than the one they'd watched, moments before, with their own eyes.

The latest iteration of Oscar's I guess it's my fault pains me all the more because I'd never heard of Brad Underwood before visiting this board.  You're stuck with a passive-aggressive sociopath while the previous team he destroyed is finally seeing revival by one of YOUR GUYS.

It's totally not fair. You guys were right, as usual.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 06:35:03 AM »
Although Oscar's reaction was predictably passive and inane it will probably also end up being pretty characteristically forgettable.  It was hilariously absurd that he took the aw-shucks, boys-will-be-boys approach and completely lacked context, focusing on coaching failures instead of the melee.  No one in their right mind expected KSU to compete in that game.

Offline jasn88cubs

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »
Someone should ask oscar why he wa stge only coahc who didnt get in the middle trying to break it up. Guy just stood on the edge of the circle holding back a player who wasnt even doing anything

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 07:19:08 AM »
Dear Illini: no one wants you here. Mr. Bread was the only one if you who added anything to the board, and I’m still not convinced he wasn’t one of chingon’s socks
:adios:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2020, 07:39:37 AM »
both programs should get the death penalty.

Totally agree

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/Pete_Francis/status/1219821544177913856?s=20

Bigger man oscar falls on his sword.

Eerily similar to his comments after the loss at Purdue his final year at IL.  Says it’s “his fault” then proceeds to give a bunch of reasons why it really wasn’t (players not doing what he told them).  Classic oscar.

Rest assured, we hate him and wish nothing but the worst for him professionally. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/tyshawntaylor/status/1219822803697848320?s=20

Wow.  I actually think I really like that point plank'r now.  I am in like with Tyshawn Taylor and I don't care who knows it!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2020, 07:53:39 AM »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2020, 07:58:07 AM »
Gems from the phog, because why not.

This is why we do not show mercy to that ********* juco school. Should have ran up the score! A bad look is that grape stealing the ball when the game was over, hope he got his head stomped in good. ***** Gay State!

Seems like the type of thing K-State players would do... try to bait your players into a suspension.

I have rewatched the fight and there is a guy in white pants and a black shirt that started throwing the punches. That guy should be kicked off KSU or arrested.

The KSU players started the whole thing.

Silvio had every right to stuff that thing right in his punk **** face.

Did Silvio actually throw a punch? Picking up the stool looks bad but he didn’t actually use it.

Wow... did he throw a punch... wow.

Yeah, KState has always been trash

Weber when asked what happened at the end of the game. He said he doesn't know. He didnt see it

Talk about lack of institutional control

Well this is awkward...

dude did nothing until he was attacked. About time he showed some freaking emotion. I for 1 loved it and I’d start his **** the next game.

Silvio defended the house and then taunted. He really didn't do much during the scrum either. Picked up a chair while he was way outside of the melee and then dropped it.

I thought picking up the chair was exactly what he needed to do to defend himself. Notice, nobody attacked him and left him alone when he picked up the chair. More players should try that strategy.

The dickhead was the KSU player who decided to start it all by trying to steal the ball when we signaled that we were dribbling it out. If he got head stomped, he deserved it

Some times things just boil over. This is one of those times. I have trouble crucifying de Souza for the T. Picking up the chair was...unfortunate. The viral photo is very unfortunate.

Looked like Silvio picked up the stool in jest. the whole melee lasted a blink of an eye.

I think both Long and Self have been WAY too apologetic about this.

This whole thing doesn't happen if the tater players don't swarm DeSousa in the first place. I'm waiting for an apology from K State.

Who gives a crap about PR? I like the bad boy image. I'm tired of being the ones pushed around. I want teams to fear playing us.

There was nothing to apologize for here-- KSU was every bit if not more responsible for this incident than we were. I'd argue that it was precipitated by the whole KSU team charging off the bench. Standing over someone you've just stuffed isn't much of an offense-- the whole thing escalated because of the actions of the KSU bench.

Good luck waiting for an apology from the classless Aggies. They are a ***** school run by ***** people. I can’t wait for the day they cease to exist.

I'm not even a fan of SDS and his play this year but suspending for the season is excessive...an apology along with a statement saying he saw the whole bench coming at him and he reacted poorly with 1 or 2 games is enough for me.

I love this so much. Boring game until the last second.

All of these people on their high horse about how awful this is need to chill. There is a bloodlust in our human nature. Why, if this is so awful is it the top story on ESPN? Why is it the most watched video on espn streaming nationwide? Is it because of how awful you think it is?? Give me a break. A little excitement for a Tuesday evening. No one even got hurt except for Squeeky with a little strawberry on his chin!

Watch all videos. SDS was ambushed. Chair was bad idea but he was defending himself until reinforcements arrived. Watch the videos!

Have you never noticed how juvenile K-State is?

The only thing DeSousa is guilty of is swatting the shi*t out of a layup taken in bad sportsmanship and then giving the bad sportsman a small taste of his own medicine.

All of the anger should be directed at those purple pussies. So SDS gets a taunting tech... BFD! Not an issue. KSU clearing the bench like that is ******* us and considering what we have the team has dealt with in the past with that POS school... ***** them.

Was Silvio's action after the block over the top? Sure. He would have gotten a technical, but that stuff happens all too often. However, things went nuts when the taters attacked him and players left the bench to go after him. The clown in the polo should be the one that gets the biggest suspension, without question.

the physical altercation was 100% KSU. SDS didn't run to the KSU bench swinging, the KSU bench came swinging to him.

I love the comments that say suspensions for everyone who left the bench. Both teams ENTIRE LINEUPS left the bench. And the game was over. Clock said 0.0 clearly, but stupid new rule said put 1 sec on clock so KSU could actually get reward points for the fight they instigated with the steal and then assured would happen when 3 bench players ran at Silvio.

K State player was dumb for the steal/lay-up and he got what he deserved.

Seems like the team is as sick of these purple pieces of sh it on the court as I am of their trolls in our threads here. They’re the worst. Fu ck ‘em!

Down 50 or down 20+ doesn't matter. Its a bush league move by KSU. That's why Weber will always be considered a whiny ****** of a coach and is known as a poor loser.

Looked like Silvio picked up the stool in jest. the whole melee lasted a blink of an eye.

There's more still on there, but I have to go to work.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:06 AM »
For the first time during a #SunflowerShowdown, the Mrs. and I argues over who started the fight. It was euphoric. Gonna need more of this moving forward.  :fatty:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:15 AM »
This brawl was absolutely wonderful for these two KS college basketball entertainment businesses.  It's a massive amount of advertising.  Do you know how much advertisig money will be made on the rematch?  Wow!  I haven't watched a game of K-State basketball in a few years now, and I won't watch the rematch in Manhattan either, but I CONSIDERED IT!

All of these talking heads remarking about how terrible this is, it's so LOL.  This is entertainment, baby. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2020, 08:04:44 AM »
This brawl was absolutely wonderful for these two KS college basketball entertainment businesses.  It's a massive amount of advertising.  Do you know how much advertisig money will be made on the rematch?  Wow!  I haven't watched a game of K-State basketball in a few years now, and I won't watch the rematch in Manhattan either, but I CONSIDERED IT!

All of these talking heads remarking about how terrible this is, it's so LOL.  This is entertainment, baby. 

Gonna need a new set of alternate uniforms and merch to really capitalize.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BRAWL
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
That’s a good point too. Gotta take advantage of the spot light while we have it. After the Adidas investigation wraps u and sanctions come down, its back to obscurity for the Kansas teams (other than WSU).

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2020, 08:08:52 AM »
I enjoyed the "Stool of Self Defense" take