Author Topic: Impeachment Inquiry thread  (Read 107297 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment Inquiry thread
« Reply #450 on: December 02, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »
I like turnbull, I would love to get his take in about 2-3 months.
Most likely just another of your socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 02, 2019, 08:58:20 PM »
turnbull is taking this very well IMO.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2019, 02:22:38 AM »
Your assessment about not moving the national average for impeachment is correct. The framing of the impeachment being done by a particular news channel is very dishonest and downright a middle finger to everyone. So in essence even if Trump came out and said this exact line "F*ck yea I did it...and I did it to hurt Biden/protect Russia because I owed them for helping me get elected with a mandate to destroy the US from within", you'd have this news channel declaring so what that he did it....not impeachable and he's truly a patriot for defeating Hillary Clinton which could have destroyed the US. This is actually kinda where we are now essentially where we are now with several members of the GOP saying it was inappropriate but not impeachment worthy, though oddly enough Bill Clinton was impeached over a BJ and denying it under oath. We've reached the point where their members will straight up lie to people's faces and get away with it because they dont respect them and know for a fact they'll believe whatever tinfoil hat project Hannity or Carlson present at the night (south african farmers, mueller was connected to the mob, "i'm rooting for russia", Ukraine really hacked the 2016 election (despite all 17 Intel Agencies saying they didnt, and clearly stating that the Ukraine blame is coming directly from Russia), Hillary Clinton murdered Seth Rich, Tan Suit Gate, Dinnergate in NYC for Obama, Obama went Golfing, or a good one "white house job gate in 2010", Obama took 34% of the US Navy on a trip to India, etc. However, there is a really good site that tracks a lot of numbers and polls from various sources. It weights polls based on results, survey methods, and sample sizes.
This good website to monitor polls is https://fivethirtyeight.com/
They also have good projections on other stuff such as sports teams, who will win the elections, projections, presidential approval ratings.

Have his numbers improved? Please share all polls in this thread.

support for impeachment went up a bit and also trump's approval numbers ticked up a very tiny bit.  macro-level, nothing has changed.

Come on man

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2019, 03:19:30 PM »
i think he's a maniac. i think adam schiff is a deranged human being. i think he grew up with a complex for lots of reasons that are obvious. i think he's a very sick man, and he lies. adam schiff made up my conversation with the president of ukraine. and one of the reasons people keep talking about it is because that's what they saw. we have a perfectly beautiful 3-4 page transcription, then in the other case a 2 page transcription of the conversation. but a lot of people didn't read that. how many people call you? a friend of mine called up, a top person in new york called up, great friend of mine, very successful: 'gee, i didn't like what was said,' i said, oh where did you see it, did you read it? 'no i didn't read it, i heard adam schiff give it." i said, well that's not what was said. and i sent him a copy of what was said, and he said 'this is like, this is great, this isn't what he said.' this guy is sick! he made up the conversation, he lied. if he didn't do that in the halls of congress, he'd be thrown in a jail. but he did it in the halls of congress, and he's given immunity. this is a sick person; he's a liar. and by the way, nancy pelosi knew he was lying, and she went on her show, stephanapolous, and she said he told the truth, so she was lying too. these people are deranged.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
Very Presidential indeed.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2019, 08:47:45 AM »
 :Woot:

There could be disruptions from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), the Fox News favorite who led a conservative revolt against impeachment in mid-October by storming the secure room where depositions were taking place.

There could be conspiracy theories from Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.), who nearly named the intelligence community whistleblower during a recent speech on the House floor.

And there could be antics from Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), a vocal Trump critic who brought a bucket of fried chicken to a hearing in May to highlight the absence of Attorney General William P. Barr, who was scheduled to testify.
“It’s a bunch of brawlers sometimes on the Judiciary Committee, so it should get pretty hot under the collar as we go along,” said Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), a member of the panel, during an interview on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”

“I don’t think things have been done the way they’ve been done in the past .?.?. so it causes some rancor and it should be much more feisty, I would say, than the Intel Committee was,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bunch-of-brawlers-judiciary-panels-most-aggressive-members-ready-to-rumble-in-impeachment-probe/2019/12/03/a3750326-15da-11ea-9110-3b34ce1d92b1_story.html

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »
LOL,

This is behind closed doors or open?

Gaetz is going to be a complete shlt show during this thing.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2019, 09:16:30 AM »
The broadcast just started!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2019, 09:41:27 AM »
Little Jerry Nadler told Dems yesterday he ain't taken any crap, so I'm sure that news has got LibBot Nation all jizzed up.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2019, 09:48:50 AM »
uh Professor Feldman can we tone it down a notch   :lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »
Little Jerry Nadler told Dems yesterday he ain't taken any crap, so I'm sure that news has got LibBot Nation all jizzed up.

Hadn't heard this

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
Pretty tame so far.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2019, 01:02:04 PM »
Not a bad showing by the 4 people on the panel. It'll be interesting more because I do believe at this point the cards are on the table either way.  However,  Guiliani interviewing the Ukrainians again today as reported by the NY Times isn't helpful for anyone.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:03:16 PM by turnbull »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 04, 2019, 01:07:50 PM »
Some wonderful opinions being expressed today.   It's great that we have a system that allows policy wonks to get up on TV and tell us what their opinions are . . . fantastic.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 04, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
Yeah why not just listen to the president and be done with this whole thing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 04, 2019, 01:53:36 PM »

You guys listen to a dude who admitted by his very  :lol: report that he's basically spying on people.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 04, 2019, 02:12:06 PM »
There could be conspiracy theories from Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.)

OMG LOL. Trump/dax brain going on there.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
Even the fox guys think Turley got it wrong...

In his opening statement and throughout his early testimony, Turley—a George Washington University law professor—pointed the finger at House Democrats and attempted to turn the tables on their allegations President Donald Trump abused his power and obstructed justice.

“Then you have an obstruction case, because a court issues an order, and unless they stay that order by a higher court, you have obstruction,” Turley declared. “But I can’t emphasize this enough and I’ll say it just one more time, if you impeach a president, if you make a high crime and misdemeanor out of going to the courts, it is an abuse of power. It’s your abuse of power. You’re doing precisely what you’re criticizing the president for doing.”

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano, who has repeatedly insisted that Trump committed impeachable offenses, pushed back on Turley’s analysis.

“Where I disagree with my dear friend—I’ve worked with him and testified alongside him—Jon Turley on the significance of obstruction of justice, he is forgetting that the House has the sole—S-O-L-E—power of impeachment,” Napolitano proclaimed. “It does not need to go to a court for approval.”

“It doesn’t need to go to court to get the subpoenas enforced,” he added. “When the president receives a subpoena, or in this case Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pompeo receive a subpoena, and they throw it in a drawer. They do not comply or challenge because the president told them to; that is the act of obstruction.”

Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy, a former U.S attorney who has been a vocal critic of impeachment, meanwhile, backed up Napolitano’s remarks.

“I happen to agree with the judge,” McCarthy noted. “I do not think that to the extent that Jon Turley is taking the position that you either have to or should go to the court if you are Congress to enforce your subpoenas, I think that is simply wrong.”

“I don’t think the framers would have thought that the Article I branch needed the assistance of the Article III branch to impeach an officer of the Article II branch,” the National Review columnist continued. “I just don’t think that it’s conceivable.”

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2019, 02:28:23 PM »

You guys listen to a dude who admitted by his very  :lol: report that he's basically spying on people.

Trump admits he did it, you just think it's okay. Great bendover indeed

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 04, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »

Trump admits he did it, you just think it's okay. Great bendover indeed

No surprise to anyone that Phil is a couple of laps down.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 04, 2019, 03:03:13 PM »
I thought Turley was pretty great.

But I've admired Turley ever since he get the the DOD/USAF to admit that Area 51 did indeed exist.

His mad riff was classic and pretty much spot on.   But even Captain Obvious understands the 1000 plus days of Trump  :curse: rage.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 04, 2019, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 04, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
:lol: oh dax
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »
Turley was involved in suing the USAF/DOD on behalf of some Area 51 workers who got cancer from open burning of toxic waste.

FFS weirdos.