Author Topic: Did LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?  (Read 15097 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Did LHC LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
LHCBS did not suck.  His ability to coach and recruit just declined to the point where it made sense to replace him.  He's still a legend, and still the savior of our football program.  No allegations of poor payer treatment, or pushing for Sean, will change that.  LHCBS has endeared himself to me and my fellow 'Cat fans, and I'm sure they'll embrace Klieman as well.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Did LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2019, 12:12:59 PM »
but he wasn't exactly coaching...

he was banking on sean and him going 9-3 and then having a good argument for being coach

That would have been a good argument coming off 9 and 8 wins seasons with bowl victories. But the bottom fell out finally exposing a program suffering from a lack of innovation and recruiting.

I think this season is showing that the recruiting was just fine and that the main issue toward the end has been poor game management and discipline.

Definitely the main issue, but Kleiman brought in some stud transfers as well.

Still, you simply can’t put a team on the field year 1 looking this good so far (admittedly against inferior competition) without a solid foundation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »
LOL @MakeItRain . . . risking your life driving to KC for cancer treatments was/is a personal choice, no one, not a soul, at K-State was forcing LHC Bill Snyder to continue coaching through cancer.   

Having no other life outside of coaching football is also a personal choice, why should K-State pay a price for the fact that LHC Bill Snyder made a life choice to not enjoy any other aspects of life besides coaching football?  It's one of the most over played talking points out of Snyderites out of many.

To say or think no one else was suited for the job of K-State is like . . . peak arrogance.

i don't know what you're arguing at this point. most kstate fans believed it was time for snyder to go at the end of last season, and that's what happened.

Your problem is you have no idea what you're even arguing . . . did I say anything that indicated that I don't recognize that people finally realized it was time for Snyder to step down?   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2019, 01:21:33 PM »
LOL @MakeItRain . . . risking your life driving to KC for cancer treatments was/is a personal choice, no one, not a soul, at K-State was forcing LHC LHC Bill Snyder to continue coaching through cancer.   

Having no other life outside of coaching football is also a personal choice, why should K-State pay a price for the fact that LHC LHC Bill Snyder made a life choice to not enjoy any other aspects of life besides coaching football?  It's one of the most over played talking points out of Snyderites out of many.

To say or think no one else was suited for the job of K-State is like . . . peak arrogance.

what elite coach doesn't exhibit peak arrogance?

Bill built and then rebuilt a program we can be proud of but hung on a little longer than was ideal.

that being said how many competitiors hang it up when they are on top?

Why does what everyone else does have to apply to K-State all the time?

Who isn't proud?   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2019, 01:25:41 PM »
Dax literally thinks every single person in the world has a secret nefarious agenda to screw him. Yes it's insane, but it also provides some great bbs material.

:lol:  you're such a little weirdo and you and Dug need to quit taking The Pit outside of The Pit.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Did LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »
Dax literally thinks every single person in the world has a secret nefarious agenda to screw him. Yes it's insane, but it also provides some great bbs material.

:lol:  you're such a little weirdo and you and Dug need to quit taking The Pit outside of The Pit.

I don't take the pit outside of the pit.  I think I agree with you in literally every non pit thread there is.  I agree with your Snyder take.  I think it also bears mentioning that KSU had to give Bill $3mm to go quietly and not round up his donors to try and force shawn in.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2019, 04:44:31 PM »

I don't take the pit outside of the pit.  I think I agree with you in literally every non pit thread there is.  I agree with your Snyder take.  I think it also bears mentioning that KSU had to give Bill $3mm to go quietly and not round up his donors to try and force shawn in.

They didn't want to appear as though the fired Snyder, so it cost an extra $3 million to retire/fire him.   So Snyder gets $1.25 million dollars for the next 3 years and then another $250K a year for as long as he is physically capable of performing whatever non-duties he supposedly performs.   Plus the suite in the stadium.

All in K-State will pay the Snyder's $1.6 million this year.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2019, 05:53:16 PM »
I personally don't see anything wrong with someone taking issue with Snyder's bad person approach to player treatment/being an bad person in 2018 but accepting it in 1998. Times change.

That's fine, do what you want but if you do that be intellectually honest enough to say it's about the winning, because it sure as hell isn't about a change in Bill. If anything all signs pointed to him softening more at the end.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2019, 05:59:00 PM »

No, that didn't need to be done, not at all, especially if Gene was going to hire Klieman. Gene did that because it was the easiest way, but the only thing he was required to do is what was contractually obligated. He chose not to play hardball, just like Bill chose to ask for all of that money. He used the leverage he earned, good for him for being so good at his job for so long.

A lot of this sounds like rich shaming.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2019, 06:01:21 PM »
LOL @MakeItRain . . . risking your life driving to KC for cancer treatments was/is a personal choice, no one, not a soul, at K-State was forcing LHC Bill Snyder to continue coaching through cancer.   

Having no other life outside of coaching football is also a personal choice, why should K-State pay a price for the fact that LHC Bill Snyder made a life choice to not enjoy any other aspects of life besides coaching football?  It's one of the most over played talking points out of Snyderites out of many.

Yeah bud, I know it was a personal choice, that was the point. I'm confused about what you mean by "K-State paying a price" so I'm not going to touch that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »
I personally don't see anything wrong with someone taking issue with Snyder's bad person approach to player treatment/being an bad person in 2018 but accepting it in 1998. Times change.

That's fine, do what you want but if you do that be intellectually honest enough to say it's about the winning, because it sure as hell isn't about a change in Bill. If anything all signs pointed to him softening more at the end.

of course that's part of it, but it's not ALL there is and it's not exactly black and white. First of all, what we accept as a society today is a lot different than what we accepted in 1991. Also, an approach to discipline that worked for the shittiest program in history in 1990 could make you far less likely to win today with a program that's had a pretty good 20 year run.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2019, 08:11:29 PM »
The skill set required to build >> maintain >> grow a thing are 3 completely different things.

There's some overlap in the middle there - but very little between build & grow.

He'd outlived his value to the program and it was exacerbated by refusal to adjust and change.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2019, 11:22:03 PM »

who gives a eff
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:29 PM »
Bill made a lot of money and got to give his friends and family a lot of money because he was outrageously successful. That’s also why he got away with being an bad person for 25 years. That isn’t unique to Bill, or KSU, or even the sport of college football. That’s the way it is and no intelligent person cares
emaw

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2019, 11:34:01 PM »

who gives a eff

The people who could get hired for support roles on the football team if that money wasn’t being spent on them.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2019, 06:51:41 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder may have kick-started the whole thing, but kansas state became bigger than LHC Bill Snyder. k-state didn't act like it though, and it was getting pathetic. if you're an athlete who just got drafted, do you keep your hs sweetheart, or do you can her ass for ig models?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2019, 06:59:02 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder may have kick-started the whole thing, but kansas state became bigger than LHC Bill Snyder. k-state didn't act like it though, and it was getting pathetic. if you're an athlete who just got drafted, do you keep your hs sweetheart, or do you can her ass for ig models?

ask our guy patrick  :love:

https://twitter.com/brittanylynne8/status/1174077179371630592?s=20

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2019, 07:22:10 AM »
 :love:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »

No, that didn't need to be done, not at all, especially if Gene was going to hire Klieman. Gene did that because it was the easiest way, but the only thing he was required to do is what was contractually obligated. He chose not to play hardball, just like Bill chose to ask for all of that money. He used the leverage he earned, good for him for being so good at his job for so long.

A lot of this sounds like rich shaming.

Are you really good at your job if your employer is forcing you to leave from poor performance?

Online NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2019, 07:56:13 AM »
Meadowlark is the greatest thing to hit Manhattan Kansas since myself
titletown..lulz

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2019, 08:07:34 AM »
Welp, the ol "Rich shaming" line is now out on gEmaw.   :lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2019, 08:54:53 AM »
I'll let you interpret these stats however you like...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »
really early but dang

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2019, 09:44:58 AM »
Our last 5 years defense looks bad, but I wonder if it was adjusted to modern offenses how it would change.

It was nice to play a quality team and not give up an automatic 5-10 on first down. I hope it stays this way.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
Holy crap those stats are meaningless right now.