Author Topic: Did LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?  (Read 15101 times)

Offline Karlen

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Did LHC LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 10:47:16 AM »
people who get super defensive when people call out snyder's coaching the last couple years is a great litmus test for k-state karl tucks

I feel personally attacked.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »
people who get super defensive when people call out snyder's coaching the last couple years is a great litmus test for k-state karl tucks

I feel personally attacked.

Alright, I'll play your silly game. Who or what is karl tucks?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline bananaeater

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Did LHC Bill Snyder Actually Completely Suck?
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »
I enjoyed the vast majority of LHOFCBS's tenure at K-State.  Lot of good times.  I'm not a tuck, but I found it strange how angry, and frankly cruel, a lot of cat fans were during the last year or so of Snyder's tenure, as well as during the coaching search.  Made little sense to me.  Guy held on a year or two too long.  Not unheard of for competitive people like coach.  I don't think someone who coached for 27 years should be judged on the performance of just a few of those, anymore than a new coach should be judged based on the performance of 3 games.

Come on bro, anyone with a brain knew what was going on and it was well beyond just a coach hanging on too long . . . there was an agenda behind the hanging on.

people put together all kinds of conspiracy theories about his motives, the AD's motives, all kinds of things.  But none of them panned out.  He  stated several times he thought his son would be a good coaching hire, he's free to say that.  But at the end of the day, he did NOTHING to interfere with the coaching search and coaching hire, no matter how many times people tried to accuse him of doing so.  Remember when the story for a day was that LittreLL didn't come here because Snyder demanded that certain coaches had to be retained?  Everyone was all up in arms about it . . . except it was complete BS.  The guy stuck around a year or two longer than he probably should have.  Its not like irrevocable harm was done during that time.  It's nothing more than that.  He left the program in better shape than when he got it - both times.  Snyder's time was done, and I'm excited about the Klieman era, but don't understand why people feel the need to re-write what LHOFCBS accomplished here . . .   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »
I enjoyed the vast majority of LHOFCBS's tenure at K-State.  Lot of good times.  I'm not a tuck, but I found it strange how angry, and frankly cruel, a lot of cat fans were during the last year or so of Snyder's tenure, as well as during the coaching search.  Made little sense to me.  Guy held on a year or two too long.  Not unheard of for competitive people like coach.  I don't think someone who coached for 27 years should be judged on the performance of just a few of those, anymore than a new coach should be judged based on the performance of 3 games.

Come on bro, anyone with a brain knew what was going on and it was well beyond just a coach hanging on too long . . . there was an agenda behind the hanging on.

people put together all kinds of conspiracy theories about his motives, the AD's motives, all kinds of things.  But none of them panned out.  He  stated several times he thought his son would be a good coaching hire, he's free to say that.  But at the end of the day, he did NOTHING to interfere with the coaching search and coaching hire, no matter how many times people tried to accuse him of doing so.  Remember when the story for a day was that LittreLL didn't come here because Snyder demanded that certain coaches had to be retained?  Everyone was all up in arms about it . . . except it was complete BS.  The guy stuck around a year or two longer than he probably should have.  Its not like irrevocable harm was done during that time.  It's nothing more than that.  He left the program in better shape than when he got it - both times.  Snyder's time was done, and I'm excited about the Klieman era, but don't understand why people feel the need to re-write what LHOFCBS accomplished here . . .

I wont even broach the coaching search because that's not really the point of your original post.    It is well known that at one point LHC Bill Snyder was openly campaigning the power brokers to make Sean the coach not merely suggesting or hoping.   He stayed longer in order to win a second war of attrition with an AD.   There's little doubt that had K-State won the ISU game and been bowl eligible the power struggle would have been ratcheted up dramatically . . . for a second time in Snyder 2.0.     All you had to do was  listen to Gene Taylor mid-season on KMAN and you could tell that he was not happy, and that he was most unhappy with the tone of the program and the attrition in the program.   There's little doubt that having to deal with a bowl eligible LHC Bill Snyder would have been a colossal pain in the ass on multiple fronts.   That's what drove the animosity with Snyder. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
 :lol: dax

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »
"an agenda" :lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
blast, you only started caring about snyder agendas in 2017......SAD!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »
WTF

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2019, 12:17:35 PM »
this idea that snyder kept coaching ONLY because he wanted to hang on until there was an AD that would hire Sean, is insane and not based in reality. did he want Sean to be head coach? sure, he said as much. but there is no evidence he went to any meaningful lengths to make sure that was going to happen.

snyder is a stubborn, weird, old man that knows coaching and coaching only, and wanted to keep doing it as long as he could. it is as simple as that. he held on too long and became ineffective in his last few years, and for what it's worth i was ready to see him leave.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
this idea that snyder kept coaching ONLY because he wanted to hang on until there was an AD that would hire Sean, is insane and not based in reality. did he want Sean to be head coach? sure, he said as much. but there is no evidence he went to any meaningful lengths to make sure that was going to happen.

snyder is a stubborn, weird, old man that knows coaching and coaching only, and wanted to keep doing it as long as he could. it is as simple as that.

Yet there are people who give enough money to get invited to BMD events who will tell you that Snyder was at one point openly campaigning for Sean.   So it's not insane in the least.   

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
ah, totally legit then

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »
ah, totally legit then

:lol: it's no more or less legit than ol tater on a message board.   When the topic originally came up Bill didn't use words like "think, feel, hope" he would come right right out and say Sean should replace him as HC.    It was only later that he started to add the verbs.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2019, 12:29:00 PM »
welcome back to the football board dax  :cheers:

would love to know how ku karl celebrated the big win friday night

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2019, 12:31:52 PM »

KU Karl immediately emailed Jeff Long to double check that not a penny of his $150 annual donation to KU athletics be used for any other sport besides Men's Basketball.   Karl is still waiting on Mr. Long's response, but will email again if driven to do so. . .

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »

KU Karl immediately emailed Jeff Long to double check that not a penny of his $150 annual donation to KU athletics be used for any other sport besides Men's Basketball.   Karl is still waiting on Mr. Long's response, but will email again if driven to do so. . .

If J-Lo does not respond promptly, does Karl craft an entirely new email or does he go to his sent mail folder then reply to the original and say something like "just wanted to circle back regarding my original correspondence (see below)..."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »

If J-Lo does not respond promptly, does Karl craft an entirely new email or does he go to his sent mail folder then reply to the original and say something like "just wanted to circle back regarding my original correspondence (see below)..."

With an edited email header, adding "2nd attempt" and so on.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2019, 01:42:08 PM »
Amazing that it took the catastrophic event of KSU losing to flood aggie for the first time in history for his ass to be canned.

as it should
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »
I would say it should be added to a coach’s contract as grounds for firing for cause, but I think it’s well enough understood already.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2019, 05:20:34 PM »
From a current JUCO player who was on the team last year:

Bill may have been at practice but Sean was running the show.
@mikec2w

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
We might end up sucking saggy balls, but it sure is nice to see some excitement/swagger back into the players.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2019, 05:35:48 PM »
losing to iowa state literally blew his mind

NO!  It was the way they lost.  2nd half come back (beat down) is what did it.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
losing to iowa state literally blew his mind

NO!  It was the way they lost.  2nd half come back (beat down) is what did it.

Saying 2nd half is generous. We scored a TD with under 12 minutes left in the game to go up by 17 and then hit that meltdown button

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »
but there is no evidence he went to any meaningful lengths to make sure that was going to happen.

What would constitute meaningful lengths to make sure Sean got the job?  You seem to be much closer to the program than most but it seems like he did many things to try to get Sean the job.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2019, 09:47:04 PM »
From a current JUCO player who was on the team last year:

Bill may have been at practice but Sean was running the show.

Well yeah, he was 80.