Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109547 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #875 on: October 22, 2021, 08:21:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/cfbonfox/status/1451263779375775746?s=21

I'd like to see one of these for all the conferences.
What better data are you looking for here to create your narrative? SEC is the minors to the NFL & this fan base is jealous of Mizzou’s recruiting class, while they’ll still have a subpar overall record to the cats.

Still have a subpar overall record? What exactly do you mean by that? Historically or recent? Our records have been almost identical for years, while they play in the SEC (albeit the shitty division).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 22, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »
They lost to Boston College, bro. Relax.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 22, 2021, 08:37:48 AM »
I had an OSU fan at work (I live in Oklahoma) say earlier this week, "It's sad to see K-State struggling, they're my second favorite team."

While that doesn't have a lot to do with what I'll say here, but anyway, I was thinking. This weekend really is a huge game. I think K-State can win it, and if they do, I see the team going on to finish the year strong and hopefully changing the outlook of the program, from inside and an outsiders view.

Playing against a 3rd year coach we had a coaching search side-by-side with. Can get a read on the program and hopefully build off a road win the rest of the season.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 22, 2021, 08:39:47 AM »
I'm .sleepycat.gif going into this game. Cats win by 10.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 22, 2021, 08:40:36 AM »

I don't think BC is terrible. Think they're rated right around TTech in a lot of metrics.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 22, 2021, 08:42:29 AM »
The top of the SEC has coaching staffs, starting with the head coach who recruit like mad men. 

There’s just as much pressure from fans to recruit as there is to win games.  It’s at a whole other level.  That level doesn’t exist across the board in the Big 12.

i'm with wacky on this one. i'm guilty of wanting better recruiting but i do not want to be like SEC weirdos.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 22, 2021, 08:44:13 AM »

I don't think BC is terrible. Think they're rated right around TTech in a lot of metrics.
They're worse than Stanford tho. So keep pounding away at those recruiting rankings Mizzou, taking L's.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 22, 2021, 08:49:21 AM »

They're worse than Stanford tho. So keep pounding away at those recruiting rankings Mizzou, taking L's.

Yup, they're probably worse than Stanford.. but I think you're talking to the wrong guy about "pounding" recruiting rankings? I'm just saying they're program record wise is damn near identical to ours, for years now, and how we reach get there doesn't really matter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 22, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »
Yeah, it wasn't directed at you. The KSO portion of our fan base was crying on twitter this week about Mizzou's recruiting successes and aiding that towards more Klieman crap talking. By the end of the day, it doesn't matter tho, because they still suck.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 22, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »
Jesus... how is this thread receiving this much attention!? CK isn't going anywhere, and the people calling for his head already have such a short memory. We've been extremely competitive this year and if Thompson had been able to stay healthy, both this year and last year, this isn't even a conversation topic.

None of you seem to remember how frustrating and infuriating the last 2-3 years of LHC Bill Snyder football were. The records don't reflect all the holes that were showing up that we all saw.

If we go 3-0 over the next three weeks, which is very possible, then all this goes away anyways. This weekend's game is critical to the rest of the season though.

Now, if we only go 1-5 over the next 6 games, then maybe we can start asking some questions, and a coordinator or two gets changed. However, right now people are getting all worked up over some close loses.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 22, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »
Jesus... how is this thread receiving this much attention!? CK isn't going anywhere, and the people calling for his head already have such a short memory. We've been extremely competitive this year and if Thompson had been able to stay healthy, both this year and last year, this isn't even a conversation topic.

None of you seem to remember how frustrating and infuriating the last 2-3 years of LHC Bill Snyder football were. The records don't reflect all the holes that were showing up that we all saw.

If we go 3-0 over the next three weeks, which is very possible, then all this goes away anyways. This weekend's game is critical to the rest of the season though.

Now, if we only go 1-5 over the next 6 games, then maybe we can start asking some questions, and a coordinator or two gets changed. However, right now people are getting all worked up over some close loses.

1-5 over the next 6, and we need to change a lot more than a coordinator or two. 3-3 feels like the basement to me.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 22, 2021, 09:34:12 AM »

:lol: let's go on a 1-13 stretch in big 12 play and THEN maybe we can start asking some questions.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »

None of you seem to remember how frustrating and infuriating the last 2-3 years of LHC LHC Bill Snyder football were. The records don't reflect all the holes that were showing up that we all saw.

We've lost 8 straight conference games. 
We have a negative turnover margin on the season.
We are committing too many stupid penalties.
We have no clock management.
We don't have depth (shift some blame to Snyder).
With the 70th best class in the nation, our recruiting does not have a positive outlook for 2022.

This thread is relevant, but glad to know your threshold for questioning our head coach is a 1-13 conference record over the past 14 games.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »
With the 70th best class in the nation, our recruiting does not have a positive outlook for 2022.

This thread is relevant, but glad to know your threshold for questioning our head coach is a 1-13 conference record over the past 14 games.

and uh, it's a blog for fans to talk about crap like this 24/7?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2021, 11:32:43 AM »
and we've had 363 24's since we last won a conference game... the thread is relevant

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 22, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »

None of you seem to remember how frustrating and infuriating the last 2-3 years of LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder football were. The records don't reflect all the holes that were showing up that we all saw.

You could always donate (more?) money to all those worthy causes.

Afford better coordinators or ”attract” these elusive higher ranked recruits. Seems like a win win to me.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 22, 2021, 02:27:35 PM »

None of you seem to remember how frustrating and infuriating the last 2-3 years of LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder football were. The records don't reflect all the holes that were showing up that we all saw.

You could always donate (more?) money to all those worthy causes.

Afford better coordinators or ”attract” these elusive higher ranked recruits. Seems like a win win to me.

Would be better spent than the building fund. Where's the link to the Go Fund Me for this initiate?

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2021, 09:01:04 PM »
If we lose to Texas Tech tomorrow, I'm putting a "FOR SALE BY OWNER" sign in Klieman's yard first thing Sunday AM.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 22, 2021, 09:51:58 PM »
Everybody is making fun of MethU.

What's sad is the "at least we aren't (insert school here)" threads that make people feel better about K-State.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 22, 2021, 10:50:56 PM »
If we lose to Texas Tech tomorrow, I'm putting a "FOR SALE BY OWNER" sign in Klieman's yard first thing Sunday AM.

Shoe polish the car.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 22, 2021, 10:59:25 PM »

What's sad is the "at least we aren't (insert school here)" threads that make people feel better about K-State.
What’s the point of recruiting “good” when you’re losing to shitty ACC teams and you’re going to end up with a losing record, AGAIN?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 23, 2021, 03:58:00 AM »

What’s the point of recruiting “good” when you’re losing to shitty ACC teams and you’re going to end up with a losing record, AGAIN?

I wasn't talking about recruiting.   I was talking about the "I need to make myself feel better" tendencies of K-State Tuck Nation.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 23, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »
I think it’s pretty natural for fan bases to compare themselves and where they’re at to boardering rivals. In this case, K-State is in luck, because Mizzou and Nebraska suck butt too!

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 23, 2021, 08:56:21 AM »
:confused:

Start at the 25 second mark.  I guess it's still relevant today, "we've got a long ways to go", but that was stated 2 1/2 years ago.  What's changed??  He took them to a bowl game in year one........
Well for one thing, we lost our all-conference DE who left early, Khalid Duke got hurt, and none of our other DEs besides Felix are good enough right now.  Meanwhile, our only upperclassmen Linebackers are Fletcher and Green, neither of which are good enough. 

I think we're paying the piper for the total whiffs in recruiting during the twilight of Snyder, along with some pretty brutal injuries at key positions (Thompson/Duke).  Our margins were always going to be pretty thin, given the lack of depth, and when you have injuries at certain spots (which are probably going to happen) it can really hurt.  Especially when you're playing 3 of the conference's 4 or 5 best teams in a row.

Would agree that Snyder is still accountable for a portion of the roster (or lack thereof) that has provided us little upperclassmen who can produce. That being said, at what point do we start holding this staff accountable for their inability to recruit? Year 4? Year 5?
I guess when he's responsible for most of the roster.  I'm not really going to hold his feet to the fire too much for the '19 class, given that he didn't even start until midish december.

From the early returns, the '20 class looks great.

Fair enough, but the pitchforks come out in '23 if crap is still the same.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 23, 2021, 11:17:22 AM »
CK is going to be in a year 0 situation in year 4. Amazingly trash right now.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls