Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109701 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »
Not perfect, but not earth shaking.  CK is just not ready for this.  When was the last time in his career he went through such a savage and prolonged ass kicking?

He's never coached with players that were not as talented as his opponent, has he? At NDSU, they just lined up and ran it down people's throat with better players.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 19, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »

Not perfect, but not earth shaking.  CK is just not ready for this.  When was the last time in his career he went through such a savage and prolonged ass kicking?

He's never coached with players that were not as talented as his opponent, has he? At NDSU, they just lined up and ran it down people's throat with better players.

I mean he coached games against P5 teams with decent success

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 19, 2021, 07:20:09 PM »
The rumblings were they were a bit taken back when they got here and started working players out how much less talent they were working with than at NDSU.   He got a dog crap roster and wasn’t talented enough of a recruiter to get it back to stocked very quick. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 19, 2021, 07:26:32 PM »
The rumblings were they were a bit taken back when they got here and started working players out how much less talent they were working with than at NDSU.   He got a dog crap roster and wasn’t talented enough of a recruiter to get it back to stocked very quick.
I believe that. They were great recruiters at NDSU. It should have translated better here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 19, 2021, 07:33:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/1450606448405266434

Why should we excuse Klieman's recruiting again?

Who has excused Klieman's recruiting? I'd certainly be concerned about Drinkwitz's ability to coach his talent.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 19, 2021, 08:01:50 PM »

Who has excused Klieman's recruiting? I'd certainly be concerned about Drinkwitz's ability to coach his talent.
I would imagine there’s a reason that highly touted kids end up at mizzou and it’s not that drinko is some recruiting phenom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 19, 2021, 08:03:53 PM »

I would imagine there’s a reason that highly touted kids end up at mizzou and it’s not that drinko is some recruiting phenom

Was the gap really that wide between the Big 12 and SEC before OU and UT became a bunch of bitches?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 19, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »

Was the gap really that wide between the Big 12 and SEC before OU and UT became a bunch of bitches?

he’s talking bout money, honey

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 19, 2021, 08:29:14 PM »
 :surprised:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 19, 2021, 09:28:19 PM »
I don't buy that for a second and yes, the gap in recruiting between the SEC and everyone else has been and will continue to be that broad. Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, and every other mediocre SEC school has a leg up on players the top tier schools don't want, the same way Big 12 schools battled through the 90's and 00's for Texas and Oklahoma recruits that didn't go to UT, OU, and A&M. If you're the 8th best guard from Mississippi are you more likely to play for Missouri, Iowa State, or Colorado?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 19, 2021, 09:31:53 PM »
This, also is why coaches need, now more than ever, to be dynamite evaluators instead of just grabbing rivals stars. This staff has been, I'm comfortable with saying incredible, with evaluating top tier talent early, they just need to get better at landing these kids they are finding before everyone else does.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 19, 2021, 09:59:11 PM »
I don't know how you scheme your way out of that LB room. (Or any other room with an injury or two)

Exactly. We have a talent problem, I don't see a scheme problem and I don't know if any of us are qualified to do so. They say these young guys in the program has what it takes, we'll see.

One criticism of the staff I have in general, and I blame the head coach for this, is that we commit far too many mistakes given the thin margins we have. That 12 men on the field call after we made a 3rd down stop then gave up the 3rd down conversion after the penalty, that eventually led to a score, is emblematic of the bullshit that happens with this program that needs to stop.

This, this has really been the killer in the 3 losses. All 3 games just had maddening turnovers, untimely/dumb penalties, while on the opposite side OSU, OU, and ISU basically played as clean of a game as you can, we really have done a lot of dig ourselves in holes we can't get out of. All 3 games had moments that if we just played cleanly/better we'd either win or make it way, way more interesting.

Yep. Snyder 2.0 understood this, special teams (still pretty good aside from some missed FGs this year), and the need to run the QB. If you aren’t going to get the horses, this crap is mega important.

Saying OSU, OU and ISU played cleanly is certainly an interesting take

Edit:  quoted the wrong post but I’m too lazy to edit more than this

They pretty much did, 5 TO vs 1 combined in those 3 games, 1 of them returned for a TD, 1 ended the opening drive vs OU that basically changed the game/was the game, and 1 vs ISU that stopped a team that finally looked to get it's footing.

Penalties were basically even between all 3 teams, but we by far get penalized big in big situations (thinking about the back to back personal fouls vs OSU on their second drive that allowed them to go up 14-10). Not to mention all 3 QBs we faced basically played perfect games, where Howard sucked balls and Lewis did a lil better for OSU, Skylar had a pretty good game vs OU, and a meh game vs ISU. Basically, we just never got anything together in all 3 games and/or blew huge opportunities that make the difference, and quite simply put OSU, OU, and ISU didn't.

Snyder teams at least would cut those penalties down, and turnovers. All those add up in the end, so it doesn't surprise me that a roughly equal talented k-state team is losing games now vs Snyder just based on those results.

That being said I do like Klieman's more loose play style, in that he doesn't seem to mind mixing it up more often or throwing guys in to see what will happen, the more in general aggressive defense and tendency to take risks and be comfortable with it. Those however are offset with lack of discipline, and sometimes getting too stuck in the game plan and not being willing to ditch something that isn't working.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 19, 2021, 09:59:24 PM »
I don't buy that for a second and yes, the gap in recruiting between the SEC and everyone else has been and will continue to be that broad. Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, and every other mediocre SEC school has a leg up on players the top tier schools don't want, the same way Big 12 schools battled through the 90's and 00's for Texas and Oklahoma recruits that didn't go to UT, OU, and A&M. If you're the 8th best guard from Mississippi are you more likely to play for Missouri, Iowa State, or Colorado?
This is what I was getting at.

And taking kids with stars and maybe skirting the evals

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 20, 2021, 01:16:10 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 20, 2021, 08:30:02 AM »
I wonder if CK thinks gE is party of the media and he keeps hearing about this "Fire Chris Klieman" thread getting bumped every week.  :Keke:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 20, 2021, 08:52:51 AM »
I wonder if CK thinks gE is party of the media and he keeps hearing about this "Fire Chris Klieman" thread getting bumped every week.  :Keke:

Maybe we should be the ones sending him the "I'm sorry" tub of cottage cheese.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 20, 2021, 08:55:12 AM »
The bag man lives strong in the SEC.  It’s 1000% fact.  As he does in other areas.  That dumbass Jeremy Pruitt got caught doing stuff the bag men do.

Throughout the South the HS’s recruit, football coaches make $150k or more and drive courtesy cars from the local dealerships.  Parents rent extended stay hotel rooms and address their kid out of the hotel for football.  I digress.

Kli needs to get the coffee pots brewing and close some deals. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 20, 2021, 09:06:25 AM »
it's a quote that looks bad on twitter, especially when you spin it like squawk eff head Kellis (i like Kellis, whatever).

watch the entire press conference. Klieman isn't a coach making excuses, his messages are perfectly acceptable, he remains likeable and I want him to succeed and think he can long term.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 20, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »

This is where I am. What was the quote when they were thinking of hiring him? I think it was like Jim Harbaugh and Jim Tressel were the only guys to have any real success at making the jump from divisions? At least we gave him a big extension and large buyout because "some Big 10 team called him once".

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 20, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
it's a quote that looks bad on twitter, especially when you spin it like squawk eff head Kellis (i like Kellis, whatever).

watch the entire press conference. Klieman isn't a coach making excuses, his messages are perfectly acceptable, he remains likeable and I want him to succeed and think he can long term.
Sounds like he's talking about all of us when he says "we". Nick Leckey loved it this morning on 810, so my thoughts on it are confirmed.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 20, 2021, 09:44:46 AM »
The bag man lives strong in the SEC.  It’s 1000% fact.  As he does in other areas.  That dumbass Jeremy Pruitt got caught doing stuff the bag men do.

Throughout the South the HS’s recruit, football coaches make $150k or more and drive courtesy cars from the local dealerships.  Parents rent extended stay hotel rooms and address their kid out of the hotel for football.  I digress.

Kli needs to get the coffee pots brewing and close some deals. 

I think there is a bump the SEC brings to mizzou now that UT and OU are going there but if you look at the recruiting trajectory from when they joined to the 2021 and 2022 classes something has drastically changed.  Maybe new guy is just that much better at recruiting but I’m guessing they are playing more in the Gray areas than they used to.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 20, 2021, 11:12:40 AM »
Our recruiting is just bad. Currently 75th per Rivals. Our best recruit is a white kid from El Dorado.....WOOF

We only need maybe 2-3 4 Stars per class with solid 3 stars and we can have a great chance.

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 20, 2021, 11:19:00 AM »
Kli is the guy but he's gotta get some jimmies and joes I think we can all agree on that

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 20, 2021, 11:20:05 AM »
Our recruiting is just bad. Currently 75th per Rivals. Our best recruit is a white kid from El Dorado.....WOOF

We only need maybe 2-3 4 Stars per class with solid 3 stars and we can have a great chance.

We don’t have any commits from El Dorado.  Our best recruit is a OL from Colorado.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 20, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »
Why does it matter what color the alleged el dorado guy is
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite