Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109398 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #775 on: October 20, 2021, 11:33:39 AM »
why does it matter which city and st they are from?

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
We can all agree that his recruiting is not trending well this year. This 2022 class is right on part with Snyder's worst class at our current clip. Hopefully, he can land some talent because he isn't going to scheme his way to victory any time soon....

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 20, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »
We can all agree that his recruiting is not trending well this year. This 2022 class is right on part with Snyder's worst class at our current clip. Hopefully, he can land some talent because he isn't going to scheme his way to victory any time soon....

I don’t agree at all, it’s just a function of having 12 recruits so far.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 20, 2021, 12:04:15 PM »

lol, no, we can't all agree to that. The eff you talking about?

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2021, 12:09:23 PM »

I'm rough ridin' talking about having the #70 ranked recruiting class for 2022 right now. Snyder's worst during the second stint was in 2016 where he brought in the #72 ranked class. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »

I'm rough ridin' talking about having the #70 ranked recruiting class for 2022 right now. Snyder's worst during the second stint was in 2016 where he brought in the #72 ranked class.
rivals said 2016 class was 80th.  either way, i'm not going to get that worked up about it...we're still a ways off from signing day(s) and with transfer stuff the way it is, we're comparing apples and oranges.  Class of 2020 is looking like it's going to turn out pretty well.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »
Per 247, the average ranking of our 12 commits is 84.46 - worst average in the Big 12 (yes, even behind KU - though they only have 5 commits right now). Plenty of time to right the ship, but it's not exactly stellar at the moment.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 21, 2021, 07:08:12 AM »
Let the playmakers make plays and not micro manage the defense... gonna need to get used to this..

https://twitter.com/Pete_Francis/status/1136805330506145799?s=19

This hasn't aged well

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2021, 07:25:20 AM »
 :confused:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »
This isn't a Power 5 level staff for the weekly P5 grind.

But they'll get a pass because of the extreme dereliction of duty by the previous leader of K-State football in recruiting P5 talent.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2021, 08:43:35 AM »

But they'll get a pass because of the extreme dereliction of duty by the previous leader of K-State football in recruiting P5 talent.

????

where is there precedent that indicates the staff will get a pass if the results aren't there?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »
Let the playmakers make plays and not micro manage the defense... gonna need to get used to this..

https://twitter.com/Pete_Francis/status/1136805330506145799?s=19

This hasn't aged well
Yeah which part hasn't aged well? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2021, 09:09:28 AM »

????

where is there precedent that indicates the staff will get a pass if the results aren't there?

Oh, they won't get a pass in some circles.

But the simple fact is the Fargo Progressive Dinner Club that's taken over our athletic department is going to be cashing K-State checks for many years to come.   Gene gave his guy a huge buyout and so nothing is going to change.   

While we don't have tax shelters, personal loans, huge payments to LLC's for simply doing their job and contracts on napkins (that we know of) . . . this little fiefdom that Gene has set up is just as tidy on many levels.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
whether he "gets a pass" from people or not, his buyout is too large to even consider firing him until at least 2025. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2021, 09:20:37 AM »
whether he "gets a pass" from people or not, his buyout is too large to even consider firing him until at least 2025.

Maybe we'll win a conference game by then. (been a whole year already, LOFL)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:10 AM »
I can't wait for him to win this week, so you all can stfu about the conference losing streak. He lost to 3 top 25 teams in a row this year and lost 5 in a row last year after losing his senior QB and played a true freshman at QB that got zero spring ball due to the pandemic and barely knew the playbook, but lets don't discuss semantics. Rage on.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
Gene was incredibly short-sighted. All signs indicate Gene drafted up the extension after we knocked off OU last year. The week prior we lost in embarrassing fashion to Arkansas State. However, a winning record in 2019 and knocking off OU twice was enough to convince Gene we needed to lock him down. It's so small-timey. We hadn't even had a real chance to see how he recruits yet we committed to an extension without knowing jack crap about what he could do with this own players and culture.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:13 AM »
I can't wait for him to win this week, so you all can stfu about the conference losing streak. He lost to 3 top 25 teams in a row this year and lost 5 in a row last year after losing his senior QB and played a true freshman at QB that got zero spring ball due to the pandemic and barely knew the playbook, but lets don't discuss semantics. Rage on.

Goal #5.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:39 AM »
was anyone complaining about the extension at the time it was announced? I think people were wondering why it was done during the pandemic budget crunch but was anyone really upset? seriously don't remember.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »
was anyone complaining about the extension at the time it was announced? I think people were wondering why it was done during the pandemic budget crunch but was anyone really upset? seriously don't remember.
Probably purple apathy and stupid fitz

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »
Some people thought it was a bit premature.  I thought it was fine.  Buyout is a little steep for me, but what're ya gonna do.

Gene taking a personal raise mid-pandemic ruffled my feathers quite a bit more.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2021, 09:43:11 AM »
When is Myers retiring?  I was thinking there would be more smoke around the hiring of a new UP by now.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
:confused:

Start at the 25 second mark.  I guess it's still relevant today, "we've got a long ways to go", but that was stated 2 1/2 years ago.  What's changed??  He took them to a bowl game in year one........

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2021, 09:53:15 AM »
Insofar as the contract for Kli, I don't think anyone had that big of a problem with the extension and pay increase, but the buyout was a little steep for a guy with virtually no track record at the Power 5 level.   

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2021, 09:55:16 AM »
I think anyone with a memory longer longer than one week questioned it to a certain degree.  Once again, the real problem with the extension is that we had little to no insight on his true ability to recruit at that point.  To me, that was the big risk Gene took and we are paying for it now and will continue to pay for it.