Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109580 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #425 on: October 05, 2021, 10:32:40 PM »
You had me at “an amazing 4 years.”

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2021, 06:54:35 AM »
I've never once made the argument that COVID mumped over K-State. Last year was done in by losing the starting quarterback and having the receivers and secondary decimated by injuries & in season transfers. I was very critical off Klieman and the transfers. Also rusty and I led the charge in calling last year a fake year, from start to finish, so no I had no part in the COVID boned K-State narrative.

If you're saying K-State is benefiting more from COVID than anyone else you're saying Skylar is the most impactful returning player in college football who otherwise wouldn't be if not for the pandemic, and I know you sure in the eff don't think that. So do you actually think K-State got boned by the pandemic more than any other team and you were just in full performance mode last year?

I know you haven't made that argument, but the post of mine you quoted was about those arguments.  I absolutely don't think KSU got mumped by COVID and to any extent they were it may have been self-inflicted.

My perhaps-too-subtle point is that it's silly too give any sort of pass this year based on Skolar being out/unhealthy when he's only partially playing at all because of the pandemic rules.  It's especially silly to simultaneously give a pass for last year based on COVID generally or that COVID disproportionately hurt the 'cats.

If we're horrible without Skolar, the thought shouldn't be that it sucks he's hurt again.  It should be how in tf are we so reliant on a QB that should already be selling trucks this year but for a global pandemic and extra years given to an-y-one who needed one.
KState would be mumped at QB if it weren't for a global pandemic.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 06, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
I'm guessing the transfer portal might have been hit a little harder and the offensive preparation would have been a lot different without Sky. I bet we'd still be 3-2 at this point.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 06, 2021, 08:43:59 AM »
I'm guessing the transfer portal might have been hit a little harder and the offensive preparation would have been a lot different without Sky. I bet we'd still be 3-2 at this point.

Yep, like a hullabaloo ton more fumble drills.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 06, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
While I am willing to sell my soul and sacrifice a couple coeds for Urban, that option will never be available.

Will 2024 be the time to bring Venables home? His last son, Tyler, will have just graduated from Clemson. We will need a full rebuild. There won't be the expectations of Snyder to live up to any longer. Sounds like a match to me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 06, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »
JFC, Venables is never happening. Grow up! Can we mute PA until the Iowa State game?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »
JFC, Venables is never happening. Grow up! Can we mute PA until the Iowa State game?

https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=42494.msg2043075

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »
I think the program is in OK shape tbh.  The only real issues I have with Klieman are the WR room and LB room.  On WRs, I get that the pace of this offense may scare some kids away, but in order for the offense to work, there's gotta be some level of "legit threat" at WR, and Malik just hasn't been that guy over the last three years (due to injury or whatever other issues have been in his way).  I like our true freshman Garcia, and think Garber may blossom some day too, but man we've had some pretty tepid WR play over the last few years.  Elevating that position ever so slightly would be huge for the offense. We'll obviously need an answer at QB moving forward...whether it's Will (or whoever) taking a massive step forward or hitting the portal, but I think our OL progression will continue to make life a little easier for whoever is playing QB for K-State.

Daniel Green was gangbusters the first three games of the year -- looked like he'd taken a MASSIVE step in the offseason into a potential first team all-conference guy, but his time in the OSU game was glaringly bad.  Pretty bad game against OU too.  I still maintain fletcher doesn't have the range to cover in space that he's gotta have to defend against Big 12 spreads.  So that's really what we had, Green/Fletcher, and walkons.  We supplemented by moving Henny and Wayne Jones down, and added Munoz from the portal.  That's a pretty risky lack of action there and (predictably) so far, it's been about the weakest position through the first 2 games of Big 12 play.  Which is saying something!  Because the safeties have been shockingly bad too through the first 2 big 12 games.  3-3-5 hasn't solved our Big 12 defensive woes, it seems.  But i'm not giving up on them yet -- hopefully the OSU/OU games were apparitions.  We do miss Duke quite a bit i think -- man it would be nice if this team had Wyatt Hubert.

Anyway, to succeed, you need to be a good recruiter or a master roster manager, and CK hasn't really proven to be either yet, which is a concern.  Hopefully that gets better and I think it can.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 06, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »
Honestly, we beat OSU with Skylar in the game. Changing nothing else, we're now sitting a 4-1 with a close loss to the #6 team in the nation. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but so far, I'm just not that upset with the way things have gone. Next year may be a very different story if we don't have anyone else better than Howard under center, but I still think we wait until year 5 before we start heating up that seat any for CK.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 06, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »
It is frightening that, apparently, our entire program's success this year hinges on the fact that a 5th year senior elected to come back for a 6th year. Why does Kliegoober get a free pass for not bringing in any depth? He had to eat a pile of his own crap after declaring Howard the best backup in the country. Now, he's trotting a broken QB out there hopped up on enough tranquillizers to kill a horse because he knows what a small chance we have of beating anyone outside KU with Howard at the helm.

The fact that we've lost 7 conference games in a row is not inspiring. Even Prince managed to avoid that lengthy of a streak. But hey, we've beaten OU 2/3 times so let's put a statue up and print some t-shirts.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 06, 2021, 04:52:10 PM »
They thought Howard was ready going into the season, I  don’t think they feel that way anymore.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 06, 2021, 05:50:26 PM »
He probably figured Skylar was coming back and focused on getting a solid high school recruit instead of trying to plug a hole with a juco kid.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 06, 2021, 06:17:40 PM »
Has this guy been CANNED yet, or what?
:adios:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 06, 2021, 06:42:43 PM »
Has this guy been CANNED yet, or what?
We're on the 5 year Venebles plan apparently.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 06, 2021, 06:59:51 PM »
They thought Howard was ready going into the season, I  don’t think they feel that way anymore.
I say convince Cole Kelley to take a super senior year at a power 5 again.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 06, 2021, 07:44:39 PM »
If Thompson wouldn't have come back I have to assume they would've looked into the portal.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 06, 2021, 07:56:18 PM »
If Thompson wouldn't have come back I have to assume they would've looked into the portal.

They will be hitting the portal hard
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 06, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
They definitely would have hit the portal, especially since Kli is great at it, but he just landed one of the top  QB’s in the nation via rankings and probably didn’t want to scare him off either. Especially since he jumped high schools from Colorado to Iowa his last year, just so he could get some reps at QB, while the state of Colorado closed shop on HS football.

But it’s simple wins and losses to some on this board, who wants him to recruit better! Lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 06, 2021, 10:12:35 PM »

No way. We lose against Stanford and Nevada if we don't have a good QB. I'd be inclined to say SIU as well but we had a bad QB stop giving the ball away and decided to let the defense win the game.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 06, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
SIU is ranked 4th right now in the FCS.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 06, 2021, 10:21:28 PM »
A Messingham offense can be successful with Howard at the helm, but only if they're willing to run Will 12-15 times a game.
Wrong thread, bud.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:04 PM »
One thing that even the trolls should give Klieman credit for is that he was ballsy against OU and it kept us in the game. We were what 4-5 on fourth down and only time we didn't convert was the Weber drop. Those weren't all trying to come back from a huge defect either, we went for it on 4th down on the first drive of the game.

He's starting to learn the differences between winning at K-State and winning at NDSU. In 2019 it was so frustrating how conservative he was, in every situation. His risk aversion may have cost us both the UT & WVU games in '19. We're on pace to have the most 4th down attempts since 2008. Of course Ron had an obscene amount of 4th down attempts, his teams conversion rates were abysmal.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 07, 2021, 06:29:11 AM »

No way. We lose against Stanford and Nevada if we don't have a good QB. I'd be inclined to say SIU as well but we had a bad QB stop giving the ball away and decided to let the defense win the game.

Uhhh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 07, 2021, 06:38:43 AM »

One thing that even the trolls should give Klieman credit for is that he was ballsy against OU and it kept us in the game. We were what 4-5 on fourth down and only time we didn't convert was the Weber drop. Those weren't all trying to come back from a huge defect either, we went for it on 4th down on the first drive of the game.

He's starting to learn the differences between winning at K-State and winning at NDSU. In 2019 it was so frustrating how conservative he was, in every situation. His risk aversion may have cost us both the UT & WVU games in '19. We're on pace to have the most 4th down attempts since 2008. Of course Ron had an obscene amount of 4th down attempts, his teams conversion rates were abysmal.

Yeah the idea that he was trying to lose by less is absurd.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:47 AM »

Uhhh

:facepalm: :lol: lol what a dipshit, okay just Stanford