Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 111241 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2021, 12:07:51 PM »
* We're not always going to have a 4th/5th/6th year QB

There's kind of a funny duality here. A theme in one thread, "Skylar is our savior and we absolutely suck without him!" A theme in another, "the idea that Klieman should be fired in the next couple years is just totally absurd!"
You’re seriously an idiot, Chum. Unfortunately Rubley isn’t ready. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a miss. Sorry if I’m not freaking out about our future when Kli just got the highest rated QB in team history and he has an amazing track record of landing transfers who produce immediately. But please people, continue the freak out. Losing to the #6 team in the nation by 6 has really woke up the dumbasses.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 04, 2021, 12:14:11 PM »
I suspect we'll see an upperclassmen transfer at QB to come in and compete at a minimum.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2021, 12:18:43 PM »
I suspect we'll see an upperclassmen transfer at QB to come in and compete at a minimum.
These are the options so far. I have no idea about JUCO prospects.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?positionkey=57

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »

There's kind of a funny duality here. A theme in one thread, "Skylar is our savior and we absolutely suck without him!" A theme in another, "the idea that Klieman should be fired in the next couple years is just totally absurd!"
You’re seriously an idiot, Chum. Unfortunately Rubley isn’t ready. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a miss. Sorry if I’m not freaking out about our future when Kli just got the highest rated QB in team history and he has an amazing track record of landing transfers who produce immediately. But please people, continue the freak out. Losing to the #6 team in the nation by 6 has really woke up the dumbasses.

1. You didn't even come close to addressing what I said.
2. When you make posts like that, it actually does look a lot like you're freaking out about our future.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »
Realistically, I think Kliegoober is probably safe until the 2023 season. We'll probably win a few more this year and maybe slide into a crappy bowl game where we will lose.

Next year will be a train wreck unless he lands a grad transfer QB.  We won't have the balls to pull the trigger on firing him next year despite our terrible record that is inevitable (unless Jalen Hurts or equivalent arrives).

However, 2023 will be the 'prove it' year. He can't blame recruiting, Covid, injuries, or whatever else at that point........

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2021, 12:41:09 PM »
I certainly think Kli could be deservingly fired in a couple of years, I just don't see anything in our 3-2 start this year that has me getting the ball rolling yet.  3-2 was a very reasonable expectation at this point. 

I also don't blame Kli for being pretty dependant on the only QB on the roster he inherited at this point (granted he is fortunate to still have him on the roster at this point).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2021, 12:43:30 PM »

1. You didn't even come close to addressing what I said.
2. When you make posts like that, it actually does look a lot like you're freaking out about our future.
Sky fan boy who predicted he'd see time in the NFL from his day 1 as starter, posted a thread that he was starting (excited), once he found out he was starting?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »
I also don't blame Kli for being pretty dependant on the only QB on the roster he inherited at this point (granted he is fortunate to still have him on the roster at this point).

Did Fh actually benefit from the COVID season/circumstance perhaps more so than any other coach/program?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
people are trying to throw out their backs reaching on this

Personally, I'd give him 7-8 years. But having this discussion in year 3 is a very realistic these days.

what I want is to avoid any Prince-esque slide, which I simply don't see as of right now from Kileman

One comparison is that the recruiting is not improving.

prince recruiting fell off a cliff after he ran off all his assistants and featured an absolutely ridiculous Juco class. I think you could argue CK is improving recruiting over Snyder, but even if it's not, it's not getting worse like it did with Prince.

And that's the most fair. From a talent standpoint we have a lot of guys who can/do ball out, and under Prince it was increasingly lollers we were regressing. I just fail to see that here.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2021, 12:54:02 PM »

Did Fh actually benefit from the COVID season/circumstance perhaps more so than any other coach/program?

Iowa State theoretically did but Matt Campbell quickly got them back to where they belong

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
ftr am not even close to irl thinking Klieman needs to be fired

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2021, 01:29:48 PM »
I also don't think the team/coaches gave up.  I find it wild that people think they did when they came back from a similar deficit in last year's OU game on the road.  They just didn't execute well on the drive.

It's not even that they didn't execute, they scored! Oklahoma played a damn dime, dropped everybody back and took away the big play, like every coach in the world who has more experience than video games would do. That's what's bizarre about the rant, like what was the alternative, throw a bunch of arm punts in hopes that we catch them and they don't?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2021, 02:04:44 PM »
ftr am not even close to irl thinking Klieman needs to be fired

Agree, but it would be cool if he could win a conference game soon!!!!!

He does seem like a really nice guy though and he FOR SURE does things the "right way", so we will prob give him another extension regardless.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2021, 02:07:32 PM »
don't care about "right way" but i legitimately think he is a very good developer of players and culture. just absolutely absolutely needs to recruit better.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »
Klienman's record:

Positives
2 - 0 vs P5 in non-con (Wins vs Miss St, Stanford)
3 - 3 vs Top 25 (2 of those losses were without Sky and the 3rd was with him gimpy last weekend)

Neutral
Small increase in recruiting rankings (mid 60s to mid 50s)
1 bowl game (technically 2 but COVID made last year too weird)
.500 ish conference record

Negatives
Embarrassing loss last year to Ark. State
No obvious QB depth

If I was AD I am concerned but by no means ready to fire the guy. 

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
Klienman's record:

Positives
3 - 3 vs Top 25 (2 of those losses were without Sky and the 3rd was with him gimpy last weekend)

Neutral

Negatives
No obvious QB depth

The fact that a .500ish conference record and a marginal increase in recruiting (which says nothing when Snyder 2.0 was perhaps the worst P5 recruiter in the game) is 'neutral' shows how low the bar is here. I wish folks around here cared about the performance on the field as much as they do about our damn facilities. eff the indoor practice field. Take that $20mln and find me a legit coach who wants to win conference championships and is serious about it.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
He will get to complete the 2023 season which is a reasonable 5 year window.  I imagine he will get an extension in the off-season barring a complete meltdown to end this year. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2021, 03:20:58 PM »
Klienman's record:

Positives

Neutral

Negatives
No obvious QB depth

The fact that a .500ish conference record and a marginal increase in recruiting (which says nothing when Snyder 2.0 was perhaps the worst P5 recruiter in the game) is 'neutral' shows how low the bar is here. I wish folks around here cared about the performance on the field as much as they do about our damn facilities. eff the indoor practice field. Take that $20mln and find me a legit coach who wants to win conference championships and is serious about it.

You would have fired Snyder in 1992. 
 :billdance: :billdance: :billdance:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2021, 03:22:08 PM »

who are some of our peer schools who had coaches consistently competing for conference titles by year 3? Like what programs should we be emulating?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2021, 03:32:44 PM »
Matt Ruhle's Baylor the only B12 example I can think of. Kind of a strange situation there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2021, 03:34:31 PM »
I wouldn't put QB depth on Kli.  He inherited a roster with a JR and SR.  He's getting the advantage of a third year of the JR but also has a highly rated Freshman on the roster (that didn't play football at any level last year due to COVID).  I don't know that the answer for a strong next season is on the roster (hoping for a grad transfer or JUCO) but I do think Rubley can reasonably be expected to be the QB of the future.

who are some of our peer schools who had coaches consistently competing for conference titles by year 3? Like what programs should we be emulating?

I am curious about this as well.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2021, 03:50:23 PM »
I just want to know who abbreviates million as mln. when talking about money (or anything, really). Are you like from New Zealand or something? Are you a commie? What gives?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »
Matt Ruhle's Baylor the only B12 example I can think of. Kind of a strange situation there.

Campbell 5 years.  Briles 5 years. 6 years Gundy.  We better give this Klieman dude more time it appears.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2021, 04:11:02 PM »
Briles or Gundy level teams would be great. No thanks on Campbell. That's basically what we've already got.