Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109754 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2021, 12:15:58 PM »
Low T. Sad!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2021, 12:58:33 PM »
Yet another loss. Will Klieman survive this losing streak? Shades of 2008
:adios:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
If we lose to ISU and KU, you can bet fans will have fire sticks to chase Kieman out of town.  :shakesfist:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
I assume his job is extremely safe as long as (1) Gene is here and (2) he's mediocre. There's another question of whether or not he *should* be fired.

His conference records thus far are 5-4, 4-5, and 0-2. I'm starting to get the impression that middle of the pack finishes are going to be the norm for him. And forget about ever actually winning the conference. That's not happening.

Chum's right. 

He's a damned good 7-5 coach if the current pace is kept up. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2021, 04:21:09 PM »
This year plus the next 4 will have 2 seasons 6-6, 2 seasons 7-5 and 1 season 8-4. Basically the last 5 seasons of Dave Clawson Wake Forest. Gene & Klieman keep cashing checks.

I’d say this season & next both 6-6 with DL injuries making it difficult for us to stop good run teams this year & unknown QB situation bogging down next year.  If guys like Krew Jackson & Pritchard develop as LBs the following seasons in the new Big12 could be better.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 04:25:37 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 03, 2021, 09:24:21 PM »
This year plus the next 4 will have 2 seasons 6-6, 2 seasons 7-5 and 1 season 8-4. Basically the last 5 seasons of Dave Clawson Wake Forest. Gene & Klieman keep cashing checks.

Back to the last conversation, if you think the team playing the same pace they always play constitutes giving up, there is nothing anyone in the world can say that would convince you otherwise, so have at it, I guess.

The point you're trying to make on this post I don't understand like at all. Are you projecting the first five years & saying we shouldn't be happy with 34-26 the first five years of a coaching tenure?

That would easily be the best 5 year start in any coaching tenure for any coach in K-State football history. There are literally less than 8 schools in the country who would fire a coach with a run like that to start their tenure. You mention Dave Clawson derisively, funny enough that's exactly what Matt Campbell's record was after his first five years. Should that be good enough for Campbell & Pollard to "keep cashing checks?"

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2021, 08:45:29 AM »
I assume his job is extremely safe as long as (1) Gene is here and (2) he's mediocre. There's another question of whether or not he *should* be fired.

His conference records thus far are 5-4, 4-5, and 0-2. I'm starting to get the impression that middle of the pack finishes are going to be the norm for him. And forget about ever actually winning the conference. That's not happening.

Chum's right. 

Yep, he will coach here forever as long as the bottom doesn't completely fall out, which it won't because he is good enough to not let that happen, but not good enough to be anything but average in a major conference.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2021, 08:47:12 AM »
 :jerk:

Some of you all are some whiny bitches.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2021, 09:01:02 AM »

Chum's right. 

Yep, he will coach here forever as long as the bottom doesn't completely fall out, which it won't because he is good enough to not let that happen, but not good enough to be anything but average in a major conference.

Discussed earlier in the thread, but if a coach's floor is "bottom not falling out" there will be years that they compete for conference titles over time. Almost inevitably.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 04, 2021, 09:08:00 AM »

Back to the last conversation, if you think the team playing the same pace they always play constitutes giving up, there is nothing anyone in the world can say that would convince you otherwise, so have at it, I guess.

The point you're trying to make on this post I don't understand like at all. Are you projecting the first five years & saying we shouldn't be happy with 34-26 the first five years of a coaching tenure?

That would easily be the best 5 year start in any coaching tenure for any coach in K-State football history. There are literally less than 8 schools in the country who would fire a coach with a run like that to start their tenure. You mention Dave Clawson derisively, funny enough that's exactly what Matt Campbell's record was after his first five years. Should that be good enough for Campbell & Pollard to "keep cashing checks?"

This is what I also don't understand, people are trying to throw out their backs reaching on this. Even if anything, what I want is to avoid any Prince-esque slide, which I simply don't see as of right now from Kileman, we haven't quite turned the corner of projecting in the right direction, but this is not some hapless team, JFC we lost to (albiet overrated) #6 team in the country and we act like the bottom fell out.

The word, There are issues with this team, but we're acting like we're steps away from ku or some crap.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2021, 09:15:02 AM »

This is what I also don't understand, people are trying to throw out their backs reaching on this. Even if anything, what I want is to avoid any Prince-esque slide, which I simply don't see as of right now from Kileman, we haven't quite turned the corner of projecting in the right direction, but this is not some hapless team, JFC we lost to (albiet overrated) #6 team in the country and we act like the bottom fell out.

The word, There are issues with this team, but we're acting like we're steps away from ku or some crap.

I don't know that OU is overrated. Is there any team behind them that we could definitively say would be undefeated with OU's schedule at this point?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2021, 09:17:18 AM »

IMO the primary issue since Snyder 2.0 has always been talented depth. First team can compete with about anyone in the league but OU (and can even get them sometimes!), but when injuries inevitably set in we take a big step back.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2021, 09:20:57 AM »
Klieman has done pretty well for a guy who inherited a team with no running backs and has gone about 1 of his 2.5 seasons without a starting QB.  He's building depth by playing a lot of guys.  I'd also give him a B or so for his work in the transfer portal.  I think these are structural changes in the program that will pay long-term dividends.  I'm not saying he's a great coach or the answer but definitively calling him a SLTH right now is a guess at best.

I also don't think the team/coaches gave up.  I find it wild that people think they did when they came back from a similar deficit in last year's OU game on the road.  They just didn't execute well on the drive. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2021, 09:22:22 AM »
people are trying to throw out their backs reaching on this

Personally, I'd give him 7-8 years. But having this discussion in year 3 is a very realistic these days.

what I want is to avoid any Prince-esque slide, which I simply don't see as of right now from Kileman

One comparison is that the recruiting is not improving.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:24 AM »
It literally is improving. His classes overall have been an improvement and the way he utilizes the transfer portal is masterful. But by all means, take job evaluations from our guy, chum, guys. lol

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »

Personally, I'd give him 7-8 years. But having this discussion in year 3 is a very realistic these days.

what I want is to avoid any Prince-esque slide, which I simply don't see as of right now from Kileman

One comparison is that the recruiting is not improving.

prince recruiting fell off a cliff after he ran off all his assistants and featured an absolutely ridiculous Juco class. I think you could argue CK is improving recruiting over Snyder, but even if it's not, it's not getting worse like it did with Prince.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
I swear, if our dumb fanbase scares off Kli to another team, I'm going to lose my crap!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2021, 09:41:48 AM »
I swear, if our dumb fanbase scares off Kli to another team, I'm going to lose my crap!

Yea me too.  It would be enough to disconnect myself from K-State.  Our fans can be really rough ridin' stupid. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2021, 09:41:56 AM »

IMO the primary issue since Snyder 2.0 has always been talented depth. First team can compete with about anyone in the league but OU (and can even get them sometimes!), but when injuries inevitably set in we take a big step back.

That's correct, we are paper thin and only an injury or two away from success or failure.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »

Yea me too.  It would be enough to disconnect myself from K-State.  Our fans can be really rough ridin' stupid.
There's a certain part of them out there that wants to be the first ones to say "I told you so!", so they predict mayhem early on. They're quiet for the successes and loud as crap when K-State loses to the #6 team in the nation. It's sad!

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2021, 09:54:15 AM »

I wouldn't count last year as a season even

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:52 AM »

LOL. I don't want him fired at all and would def give him 3-4 more years, but LOL at him "getting scared off". That is as hilarious as someone "stealing him" from us. He is in a perfect spot where he works for his buddy and can "awe shucks" his way in to the hearts of our fanbase while finishing with a .500 record. He isn't going anywhere.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2021, 10:20:04 AM »

LOL. I don't want him fired at all and would def give him 3-4 more years, but LOL at him "getting scared off". That is as hilarious as someone "stealing him" from us. He is in a perfect spot where he works for his buddy and can "awe shucks" his way in to the hearts of our fanbase while finishing with a .500 record. He isn't going anywhere.
We extended him because some Big 10 schools were calling him, dummy. Other fanbases aren't such simpletons that they think he's going to be the next Prince. They can see around the noise.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »
if skylar stays healthy i think 8-4 is still attainable which we would have had at least that record last year had he stayed healthy.  it is troubling that NDSU had several NFL qb's and they can't seem to find anyone serviceable (yet).  kli isn't on the hot seat, and won't be unless rubley flops

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 04, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »

We extended him because some Big 10 schools were calling him, dummy. Other fanbases aren't such simpletons that they think he's going to be the next Prince. They can see around the noise.

:ROFL: