Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 108061 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2021, 02:11:11 PM »
Rattler is not coming to or even sniffing k-state

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2021, 02:15:21 PM »
0% chance of Howard starting game 1 next year seems fairly low, even with a transfer.

Heck 10% seems pretty low.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2021, 02:21:09 PM »
Howard is the most likely individual but I might take the field over Howard.

It could be an important year for Klieman if he struggles down the stretch this year, I don't see him putting the ball in the hands of Howard.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2021, 03:25:22 PM »
Howard is the most likely individual but I might take the field over Howard.

It could be an important year for Klieman if he struggles down the stretch this year, I don't see him putting the ball in the hands of Howard.

If the average fan can see the delta between how this team performs with Skylar vs Will the coaching staff certainly can. I’m not saying they can land someone to perform at Skylars level but they are sure as crap gonna try.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2021, 04:09:41 PM »
Rattler will most likely be available

Hard pass

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2021, 07:32:20 PM »

Hard pass

:ROFL:
You are truly the voice of the fan. I'd bet if you polled K-State fans a majority of them would agree with you.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2021, 08:03:00 PM »
I would try to get him. 

Goodness, why does every dude gotta be farm fresh for K-State Tuckville to like them?

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2021, 08:56:38 PM »

Hard pass

You are truly the voice of the fan. I'd bet if you polled K-State fans a majority of them would agree with you.

I would try to get him. 

Goodness, why does every dude gotta be farm fresh for K-State Tuckville to like them?

Why I’m the hell would I be clamoring to replace 1 turnover machine (Howard) for another more prolific turnover machine (Rattler) who quite frankly failed with an absolutely stellar supporting cast?  What makes you two think Rattler would be able to perform ‘better’ for us than he did at OU surrounded by 4 and 5 star team mates?

Tuck that crap out your ass

No thank you.  Would prefer to get Rubley in and take the lumps that’ll follow and have a 4 year starter potential than a 1 and done retread which couldn’t cut it previously and will declare next year anyway (only to get picked up as a late round flyer at best and be back home selling insurance within 2 years)

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

Why I’m the hell would I be clamoring to replace 1 turnover machine (Howard) for another more prolific turnover machine (Rattler) who quite frankly failed with an absolutely stellar supporting cast?  What makes you two think Rattler would be able to perform ‘better’ for us than he did at OU surrounded by 4 and 5 star team mates?

No thank you.  Would prefer to get Rubley in and take the lumps that’ll follow and have a 4 year starter potential than a 1 and done retread which couldn’t cut it previously and will declare next year anyway (only to get picked up as a late round flyer at best and be back home selling insurance within 2 years)

Good job doubling up on the tuck. How exactly is Rattler a “turnover machine”? Odds are he will still be a day 1 draft pick as well. There has been maybe one QB at KSU in school history with the arm talent of Rattler (Freeman). Sometimes I think our fan base is the reason why we can’t have nice things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:47:58 PM by WildcatNation »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2021, 10:44:26 PM »
Let’s be clear; our fanbase is almost always the reason we can’t have nice things.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2021, 10:52:34 PM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

Good job doubling up on the tuck. How exactly is Rattler a “turnover machine”? Odds are he will still be a day 1 draft pick as well. There has been maybe one QB at KSU in school history with the arm talent of Rattler (Freeman). Sometimes I think our fan base is the reason why we can’t have nice things.

By pure status, yeah Rattler is better than Howard - but look at career interception status for both.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429955/will-howard
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426339/spencer-rattler

Now look at fumbles by QB and compare the 2.

2020 - https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=118
2021 - https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=119

It's painfully obvious Howard isn't the QB of the future - but a stats based comparison between Rattler and Howard when also giving due consideration to the quality of receivers between the 2 and it should be 100% clear Rattler isn't an upgrade.  Or, at best, a nominal upgrade.

So some minds need to be made up here.

Are Klein/messingham/kleiman bad at developing QBs or not?  As for ‘turnover machine’ maybe you should watch more football than just our games - it should be self evident how true that statement was. Just because the eraser-headed freak chose the game against us to show up doesn’t mean he’s not a turnover machine. It just means we didn’t get any meaningful pressure on him.  And it certainly does t mean he’ll magically ‘develop’ to his potential with us

But hey if you want to have it both ways, by all means, do go on.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:13:28 PM by muqluk »

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2021, 11:28:05 PM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

By pure status, yeah Rattler is better than Howard - but look at career interception status for both.

2020 - https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=118
2021 - https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=119

It's painfully obvious Howard isn't the QB of the future - but a stats based comparison between Rattler and Howard when also giving due consideration to the quality of receivers between the 2 and it should be 100% clear Rattler isn't an upgrade.  Or, at best, a nominal upgrade.

Are Klein/messingham/kleiman bad at developing QBs or not?  As for ‘turnover machine’ maybe you should watch more football than just our games - it should be self evident how true that statement was. Just because the eraser-headed freak chose the game against us to show up doesn’t mean he’s not a turnover machine. It just means we didn’t get any meaningful pressure on him.  And it certainly does t mean he’ll magically ‘develop’ to his potential with us

I’ve watched about 4 full OU games this year, I don’t think you have or you wouldn’t be sitting here telling me Rattler isn’t a MASSIVE upgrade over Will Howard. Again, the guy is still going to be a day 1 draft pick. Will Howard must be going top 15 in your mock.

I looked at your sources for about 10 seconds and Rattler threw 12 picks in about 500 pass attempts. Will Howard threw 11 in about 200 pass attempts. Your math does not add up. Rattler also has over a 3:1 (39/12) TD/INT ratio. Howard’s is 9:11. I cannot believe I’m having to explain this. What an incredibly dumbass tuck take.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:38:29 PM by WildcatNation »

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2021, 11:36:23 PM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

I looked at your sources for about 10 seconds and Rattler threw 12 picks in about 500 pass attempts. Will Howard threw 11 in about 200 pass attempts. Your math does not add up. Rattler also has over a 3:1 (39/12) TD/INT ratio. Howard’s is 9:11. What an incredibly dumbass tuck take.

Lazy. Or deliberately being a dumbass.  Look at the fumbles also.

Nobody is saying Howard is better than Rattler.  But while you're at it, go look up Thompson's stats (for both).  A transfer QB is absolutely needed unless Rubley develops a lot faster than anyone believes will happen.  But Rattler is 'not' that transfer we're looking for or need. 

If the staff were capable of developing a QB with any degree of success, maybe Rattler could be an option but then if they were, we wouldn't be needing to look to the portal to begin with. 

But I do gotta recognize your good job at throwing up the straw man instead of actually addressing the actual point being discussed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:41:20 PM by muqluk »

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2021, 11:46:19 PM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

I looked at your sources for about 10 seconds and Rattler threw 12 picks in about 500 pass attempts. Will Howard threw 11 in about 200 pass attempts. Your math does not add up. Rattler also has over a 3:1 (39/12) TD/INT ratio. Howard’s is 9:11. What an incredibly dumbass tuck take.

Lazy. Or deliberately being a dumbass.

Look at the fumbles also.

Nobody is saying Howard is better than Rattler.  But while you're at it, go look up Thompson's stats (for both).  A transfer QB is absolutely needed unless Rubley develops a lot faster than anyone believes will happen.  But Rattler is 'not' that transfer we're looking for or need. 

If the staff were capable of developing a QB with any degree of success, maybe Rattler could be an option but then if they were, we wouldn't be needing to look to the portal to begin with.

Which part was lazy or being a dumbass? The part where you produced sources that counted total turnovers for a guy that has played in about 10 more games than Howard and still had less total turnovers (and 30 more TD’s) and immediately thought that was how statistics worked? Or the part where you said Rattler wasn’t a massive upgrade over Will rough ridin' Howard? You are a moron of the highest order.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 13, 2021, 12:02:21 AM »

Hard pass

I would try to get him. 

Lazy. Or deliberately being a dumbass.

Look at the fumbles also.

Which part was lazy or being a dumbass? The part where you produced sources that counted total turnovers for a guy that has played in about 10 more games than Howard and still had less total turnovers (and 30 more TD’s) and immediately thought that was how statistics worked? Or the part where you said Rattler wasn’t a massive upgrade over Will rough ridin' Howard? You are a moron of the highest order.

The part where my only actual claim was that Rattler is a turnover machine as well.  You know, the part you deliberately refused to actually look at or address.

But hey, keep sucking Rattler's male genitals cuck.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2021, 03:35:13 AM »
This man is really putting thought and several words in to trying to convince other human beings that Spencer Rattler and Will Howard are comparable quarterbacks  :lol:

shits wild man

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 13, 2021, 06:28:18 AM »
It’s absurd.  Luckily we won’t need to worry about it because Rattler isn’t coming here.

I don’t think our guy from UNI is it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2021, 07:25:22 AM »
only k-state fans would turn down a qb that was the heisman frontrunner coming into the season

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 13, 2021, 09:06:03 AM »
I can hardly think of two QBs that are more different than Rattler and Howard

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 13, 2021, 09:20:27 AM »
only k-state fans would turn down a qb that was the heisman frontrunner coming into the season
TBF, it's only one in this thread.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2021, 09:20:49 AM »
And you've gotta be fair.  Have to be.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2021, 10:14:07 AM »
Rattler doesn’t strike me as “fun to root for.”
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2021, 10:32:35 AM »
I would take him in a heartbeat.

(he was rough ridin' miserable to watch on QB1)

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »
Too many turnovers, not enough grit to play here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
TBF, it's only one in this thread.

You know full well there are plenty of fans on the other forums who share this sentiment. I don't think it's fair to attribute this as a thing unique to K-State fans, this is something that at least 50% of football fans would say. These are the thoughts of someone willing to chant eff Joe Biden at a football game.