Author Topic: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York  (Read 11101 times)

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2022, 04:55:18 PM »
Also, the pro-life commercials come across as very strange to me. Talking about how the amendment doesn't actually ban abortion but allows our elected officials to place the common sense barriers to abortion that are already in place. I think they'd do better leaning in and claiming that this amendment will allow congress to ban all abortions in 2023.

I'm pretty confident you are not their target audience.

I'm not, but I'm also pretty sure that their target audience wants more restrictions on abortion than we currently have. It's weird that they claim to not want that.

Where do they claim to not want that? My understanding is that they claim that the amendment will not ban abortion, which is true.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2022, 05:14:29 PM »
It’s like I always say when I’m holding someone at gun point: “pulling this trigger will not kill you, it will simply allow a bullet to fire in the direction in which I am pointing.”

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2022, 05:20:34 PM »
Breaking one Commandment to enforce their stance on another Commandment. 

Christianity!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2022, 05:29:19 PM »
It’s like I always say when I’m holding someone at gun point: “pulling this trigger will not kill you, it will simply allow a bullet to fire in the direction in which I am pointing.”

Yes. I would like to play high-stakes chess with these geniuses who can't think even one move ahead.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »

Christianity!

Which commandment is being broken?

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2022, 05:33:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a general election before any further changes to abortion laws could go into effect if the Value Them Both amendment passes. If it passes, Kansas voters will have the opportunity to vote for their elected representatives knowing that who they elect could mean changes to abortion laws.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2022, 05:40:55 PM »

Christianity!

A eff ton of false witness

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 05:46:10 PM »

Christianity!

From everything I have read and heard, the false witness is all on the part of the No campaign.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 05:49:54 PM »

Christianity!

From everything I have read and heard, the false witness is all on the part of the No campaign.

You aren’t paying attention. Read the fliers they mail.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2022, 05:55:20 PM »

Christianity!

You aren’t paying attention. Read the fliers they mail.

I've read them and read the information on their website. I don't think they are lying. I think the Kansas Supreme Court has called into question almost all abortion regulations that are on the books and especially restrictions on when abortions can occur. I do not think it is far-fetched to think that the current Kansas Supreme Court will dismantle the regulation of abortion in Kansas.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »
This is the exact flavor of dishonest dealing and bad faith the entire movement is built around.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2022, 08:06:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a general election before any further changes to abortion laws could go into effect if the Value Them Both amendment passes. If it passes, Kansas voters will have the opportunity to vote for their elected representatives knowing that who they elect could mean changes to abortion laws.

you are smart enough to not pretend to be this dumb

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2022, 09:53:15 PM »
This is the exact flavor of dishonest dealing and bad faith the entire movement is built around.

Do you ever make any actual arguments or do you just whine, moan and complain?

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2022, 09:54:07 PM »

If Laura Kelly is reelected, do you think there is a 100% chance that abortion will be banned in Kansas in the next four years assuming VTB passes?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2022, 10:17:36 PM »
Yes of course it's 100%

There's a 95% chance a federal ban on abortion passes in the next four years, so it's all moot anyway.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2022, 11:49:01 PM »

If Laura Kelly is reelected, do you think there is a 100% chance that abortion will be banned in Kansas in the next four years assuming VTB passes?

There is always a very slight chance that the capitol building burns down with all of the representatives inside or something, so not quite 100%. God could still save abortion even if we don't.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2022, 07:31:28 AM »
Yes of course it's 100%

There's a 95% chance a federal ban on abortion passes in the next four years, so it's all moot anyway.

If a federal ban happens, I wonder what the impact would be on the youngest generation of voters?  It seems like that might shove them toward the left. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2022, 08:06:19 AM »
I don’t understand the federal ban piece of this, how would that come to fruition?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2022, 08:07:34 AM »
I don’t understand the federal ban piece of this, how would that come to fruition?

Republican president, congress, and senate is the only way, but it absolutely will become criminalized nationally whenever that happens again.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2022, 08:18:19 AM »

Republican president, congress, and senate is the only way, but it absolutely will become criminalized nationally whenever that happens again.

Can’t that just be changed everytime one party has a simple majority in Congress and the white house? 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2022, 08:23:18 AM »

Can’t that just be changed everytime one party has a simple majority in Congress and the white house?

Yeah, that's the future. If people are willing to open a business that is sure to get shut down by the government less than 10 years later, then it will come and go. Otherwise, it will mostly go.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2022, 09:28:21 AM »

No because we have decided that the filibuster is the 11th commandment and the rough ridin' senate parliamentarian is god almighty. Democrats would never let a policy win get in the way of a process concern.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2022, 05:50:53 PM »
What’s the o/u for tomorrow’s Kansas abortion vote? What you think will prob happen, not what you want to happen.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2022, 05:56:06 PM »
Yes will win

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2022, 06:45:09 PM »
I don't follow this guy, but this showed up in my feed. Unsurprising.

https://twitter.com/BrianBookwalter/status/1554229670245273601