Author Topic: 2020 (non-presidential) elections stuff  (Read 29529 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 (non-presidential) elections stuff
« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2020, 11:49:08 PM »
the funny thing is that the crenshaw district looks bad, but because the suburbs have moved left pretty hard over the last ten years, it's actually now pretty competitive.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2020, 08:08:55 AM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 04, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1334870858196774917

The dems backed all of these milquetoast moderates that they could use to raise a ton of money and not scare suburbanites, and it was by all accounts a failed experiment. In many cases, not Gideon obviously, they lost to non moderate, right wing, MAGA embracing republicans. Do you think the DNC learned anything about this strategy or will we be talking about them losing their very slim majority (If they're lucky) in two years?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 04, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »
non-milquetoast moderates generally did even worse.  everyone lost.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »

The dems backed all of these milquetoast moderates that they could use to raise a ton of money and not scare suburbanites, and it was by all accounts a failed experiment. In many cases, not Gideon obviously, they lost to non moderate, right wing, MAGA embracing republicans. Do you think the DNC learned anything about this strategy or will we be talking about them losing their very slim majority (If they're lucky) in two years?

Do you have a single shred of evidence to support your claim that the reason democrats weren’t successful is bc they aren’t liberal enough?  Bc you look crazy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »
non-milquetoast moderates generally did even worse.  everyone lost.

No such thing

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2020, 10:04:56 PM »
No such thing

there were lots of house candidates.  also the tennessee senate candidate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »

Do you have a single shred of evidence to support your claim that the reason democrats weren’t successful is bc they aren’t liberal enough?  Bc you look crazy.

No, I'm not, because you continue to oversimplify the conversation. I didn't say a damn thing about "not being liberal enough." I've showed you exit polls more than once that showed many of the issues that corporate dems run from are widely accepted by liberals, moderates, and in some cases conservatives, I won't do it again. I'm not going to waste my time convincing some brain dead anonymous internet poster that speaking to policy other than "we're not MAGA" isn't some far left concept. We're taking senate here but to my point

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1325141128450961414

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2020, 10:09:17 PM »
No such thing

Moderates who ran on policy stances not roundly adopted by the DNC?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »
No such thing

oh, my phrasing was confusing.  i was saying that there were lots of candidates that were not "milquetoast moderates" not that there were lots of moderate candidates that were non milquetoast.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »
No such thing

oh, my phrasing was confusing.  i was saying that there were lots of candidates that were not "milquetoast moderates" not that there were lots of moderate candidates that were non milquetoast.

Yes, agreed

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2020, 11:13:31 PM »

No, I'm not, because you continue to oversimplify the conversation. I didn't say a damn thing about "not being liberal enough." I've showed you exit polls more than once that showed many of the issues that corporate dems run from are widely accepted by liberals, moderates, and in some cases conservatives, I won't do it again. I'm not going to waste my time convincing some brain dead anonymous internet poster that speaking to policy other than "we're not MAGA" isn't some far left concept. We're taking senate here but to my point

I think what you’re trying to say is no you don’t have any evidence.  You were pushing that exit poll garbage in the primaries as the candidate promoting those policies got obliterated by biden.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2020, 11:51:01 PM »
kind of a fun quiz you can take to test how well you understand public opinion on a few issues.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/sanders-poll-quiz/

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2020, 12:00:29 AM »
kind of a fun quiz you can take to test how well you understand public opinion on a few issues.

I was shocked more people support free college than Medicare for all. Was pretty close on the rest.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2020, 12:15:00 AM »
I was shocked more people support free college than Medicare for all. Was pretty close on the rest.

shor is always saying that candidates should just talk about education nonstop.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 05, 2020, 12:49:48 AM »

I think what you’re trying to say is no you don’t have any evidence.  You were pushing that exit poll garbage in the primaries as the candidate promoting those policies got obliterated by biden.

[redacted] I posted the fox news exit polls from the general election a month ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 05, 2020, 12:57:33 AM »

The only one I fell out of the margin of error on was M4A and I missed that one by almost 20%. Their polling data on that one doesn't match a few exit polls from the general. I'm guessing that public opinion hasn't shifted that much in a year, but maybe the pandemic has changed people's minds.

Personally I still favor a public option over M4A. M4A still doesn't address how we would deal with the destruction of a multi trillion dollar industry that employs tens, if not hundreds of thousand people.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 05, 2020, 11:45:29 PM »
The Medicare 4 all one was the only one I missed by a wide margin and it is stupid because the polling on that has been all over the place depending upon the wording.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 07, 2020, 08:54:45 AM »
I was high on border crossings and reparations, and way low on wealth tax.  Everything else I was right on.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2020, 01:09:13 PM »
Anecdotal, jmo I don't think the mixed messages will hurt turnout too much on the R side.

yeah, they'll vote.  it's just like people believe in heaven, but they don't try to die quicker to get there.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 08, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
For those of us who don’t follow this stuff what does it mean exactly?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 08, 2020, 12:06:38 PM »
For those of us who don’t follow this stuff what does it mean exactly?

big picture it means that 7 of 8 counties in some rando ny district totally mumped up their election canvass and a judge rightfully held them up to public ridicule.

in electoral terms it means that the dem is likely to win although without knowing where the uncounted ballots came from and why they weren't counted, it's not a sure thing.