Author Topic: 2020 (non-presidential) elections stuff  (Read 29535 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: 2020 (non-presidential) elections stuff
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »
Welp, establishment dem money burned on a victory for pilot amy. Now they get to burn more to lose to cocaine mitch and orange man.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
Heard a radio ad for the trumper running against sharice davids in joco and it was equal parts  :sdeek: and  :lol:

He never actually names davids, instead calling her "aockc" multiple times. Also some crap about lawless hordes and communists ripping down monuments to erase our history, etc.

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »
aockc is pretty great

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 11:57:33 AM »
Sidenote, that's the exact image in my head when I picture dax  :Rusty:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
AOKC would've been so much better.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 12:14:54 PM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2020, 01:15:12 PM »
Thoughts for what to do with the Republican primary for Pat Robert's senate seat?

1. Kobach - reactionary boot-licker
2. Marshall - anxious to prove that he is almost as skilled at boot-licking as Kobach but won't come across to moderates as a complete psycho in the general election
3. A former football player that I don't know anything about

I think I'm gonna vote #NeverKobach...

Is there a viable alternative to TrumpToady Tracey Mann in the Big First - either in the primary or general election?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
Heard a radio ad for the trumper running against sharice davids in joco and it was equal parts  :sdeek: and  :lol:

He never actually names davids, instead calling her "aockc" multiple times. Also some crap about lawless hordes and communists ripping down monuments to erase our history, etc.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2020, 02:41:08 PM »
Thoughts for what to do with the Republican primary for Pat Robert's senate seat?

2. Marshall - anxious to prove that he is almost as skilled at boot-licking as Kobach but won't come across to moderates as a complete psycho in the general election

Is there a viable alternative to TrumpToady Tracey Mann in the Big First - either in the primary or general election?

I'm voting for Marshall and Clifford in those races. Kobach is more likely to lose in the general election than Marshall is, but it's going to be next to impossible for the democrats to win a senate seat with Trump on the ballot and Kobach would be a terrible senator for us.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »
is that the same Tracey Mann that was KSU student body president?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »
yes. I knew him at K-State. Sent a message to his campaign expressing my concern that the main message of his campaign seemed to be blind loyal to Trump. Have not heard back from them.

I'm voting for Marshall and Clifford in those races. Kobach is more likely to lose in the general election than Marshall is, but it's going to be next to impossible for the democrats to win a senate seat with Trump on the ballot and Kobach would be a terrible senator for us.
Kobach would be an absolute disaster. What do you know about Clifford?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:56:02 PM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2020, 08:43:39 AM »
yes. I knew him at K-State. Sent a message to his campaign expressing my concern that the main message of his campaign seemed to be blind loyal to Trump. Have not heard back from them.

I don't know much about him. It's kind of hard to know much about politicians at that level. I know some people who know him personally, though, and they all think he's great. His tv ad mentions that he stands with Trump, but every Kansas republican has an ad that says that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2020, 02:13:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/SamNewton/status/1279800710075277312

Greenfield has a shitton of money, and Ernst has barely started campaigning. I really doubt Greenfield is going to win, she's an establishment moderate democrat and Ernst is very popular with Republicans in the state. Greenfield is going after Ernst for health care policy, but she herself hasn't endorsed any real changes to the status quo. Ernst has actually done a great job of walking the fine line of not embracing MAGA but keeping them just close enough. Ernst is much more popular with republicans than Greenfield is with democrats, and unlike Mr. Turtle, she doesn't have a trump problem.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »

I don't know much about him. It's kind of hard to know much about politicians at that level. I know some people who know him personally, though, and they all think he's great. His tv ad mentions that he stands with Trump, but every Kansas republican has an ad that says that.
Heard a Clifford ad on the radio where he was touting his Air Force experiencing and declaring that he "would be the wingman that Donald Trump needs in Washington."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »
is this dude getting any traction?  is he in position to split some kobach voters off?

https://twitter.com/BryanLowry3/status/1280948172798525440
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
eff Kobach is back? I though we got rid of him.  I will make sure to vote against him even if it’s the only vote I cast on the ballot.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
is this dude getting any traction?  is he in position to split some kobach voters off?

https://twitter.com/BryanLowry3/status/1280948172798525440

Kevin Kietzman's homeboy

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
Hamilton is running ads like crazy, but he won't win. If you're a republican, you want Marshall because he will win the statewide election. If you're a democrat, you want Kobach to win and hope for a repeat of two years ago.

History says Kansas won't elect a democrat to the senate (haven't in nearly 100 years). But, Kobach is Kobach...

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2020, 07:51:30 PM »
I’ll vote Marshall in primary and person not named Kobach in general.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »

Heard a Clifford ad on the radio where he was touting his Air Force experiencing and declaring that he "would be the wingman that Donald Trump needs in Washington."

Yeah, I'm not voting for him in the general election, but I think he's probably the best of the republican candidates.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
Hamilton is running ads like crazy, but he won't win. If you're a republican, you want Marshall because he will win the statewide election. If you're a democrat, you want Kobach to win and hope for a repeat of two years ago.

History says Kansas won't elect a democrat to the senate (haven't in nearly 100 years). But, Kobach is Kobach...

Yeah, republicans should want Marshall because it's possible Kobach loses. Democrats should also want Marshall because Kobach is still very likely to win and he's terrible.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
Hamilton's running ads like he's running out of time.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2020, 03:54:01 PM »
Hamilton's running ads like he's running out of time.

:thumbs: