Author Topic: Incel master thread  (Read 10587 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Incel master thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
To be clear, theory about what?
Well you alluded to a cultural issue.  But broadly, why you think more women are having sex relative to men.
I am not sure I am convinced that more women are actually having sex relative to men.  But even if this was true, what possible genetic change in humans could have occurred in the past decade to cause this result?

I know most people here think gender studies is just a big whine-fest about how women are harmed by social pressures, but its also a study of how these systems also affect men adversely as well.

Incels often treat having sex with women as if it was an outcome of a videogame (a concept that is reinforced by society).  If one accrues enough "life points", some woman (who by the way has to meet their standards of beauty) is the reward.  They feel cheated, like they have the points needed, so why isn't the secret door getting unlocked? So they dig deeper into way the "hack the system" and buy into stuff like "The Game" etc as if it were cheat codes. At some point they project all blame externally, that women are somehow the broken component.
And to be fair, I assume genes have always doomed some people to inceldom throughout history.  If you're born with some kind of horrible disability (for example), your odds just aren't great unless you're paying for it. 
Yes, but that is a minuscule percent of incels. The vast vast majority of incels probably don't have some overwhelming genetics-based disability to blame for their inability to sexually attract women.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
I kinda feel bad for the incels. They're just so utterly clueless and helpless. There are nice, single girls who would love to have a boyfriend literally everywhere and the incels just can't figure out what to do. Maybe they're all trying to compete for the top 1% most desirable women or something. ??

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 01:04:20 PM »
To be clear, theory about what?
Well you alluded to a cultural issue.  But broadly, why you think more women are having sex relative to men.
I am not sure I am convinced that more women are actually having sex relative to men.  But even if this was true, what possible genetic change in humans could have occurred in the past decade to cause this result?

I know most people here think gender studies is just a big whine-fest about how women are harmed by social pressures, but its also a study of how these systems also affect men adversely as well.

Incels often treat having sex with women as if it was an outcome of a videogame (a concept that is reinforced by society).  If one accrues enough "life points", some woman (who by the way has to meet their standards of beauty) is the reward.  They feel cheated, like they have the points needed, so why isn't the secret door getting unlocked? So they dig deeper into way the "hack the system" and buy into stuff like "The Game" etc as if it were cheat codes. At some point they project all blame externally, that women are somehow the broken component.
And to be fair, I assume genes have always doomed some people to inceldom throughout history.  If you're born with some kind of horrible disability (for example), your odds just aren't great unless you're paying for it. 
Yes, but that is a minuscule percent of incels. The vast vast majority of incels probably don't have some overwhelming genetics-based disability to blame for their inability to sexually attract women.
Agreed, just pointing out an example of genes completely rough ridin' over some people in this area.

In any event, something changed.  Maybe it's the dudes' POVs (like the video game mentality you described), or them being socially stunted in some way, or a byproduct of women being more independent and less reliable on men (like wetwillie pointed out), or a combination of a bunch of factors.

But i do think it's a problem that a significant portion of people (esp. males) aren't having sex - especially when some of these guys are lashing out violently against other or (more often) themselves.  I don't know of a solution to the underlying problem or the symptoms of the problem.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »
uh, adapt?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 01:31:56 PM »
uh, adapt?
The solution to these guys' frustration that is leading to violence and suicide is to tell them to adapt?  I don't know why no one ever thought of that.  We should do that with all societal problems.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
well some pretty well known people are out there telling incels to double down and blame women rather than adapt

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »
well some pretty well known people are out there telling incels to double down and blame women rather than adapt
who?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »
They need to figure out some way to stop being incels.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Use it or lose it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
who?

that canadian guy (not pete [not buttigieg])

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »
who?

Yeah you're thinking of Peterson, and you're completely wrong.  His whole message is that people's unhappiness is largely their own doing. He tells people to climb the competence hierarchy, "improve yourself! shoulder a heavy burden.  be the lobster who stands the tallest!"  Generally some self-improvement mumbo jumbo, but "Blame women for your problems" is the last thing Peterson would advocate.  incels would dismiss him as naive.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
self-improvement is just one aspect of adapting i suppose

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
self-improvement is just one aspect of adapting i suppose
I agree, and the other one is learning to cope with the results.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »
I'm trying to think of some mod of tempty island for incels.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2019, 02:00:38 PM »
who?

Yeah you're thinking of Peterson, and you're completely wrong.  His whole message is that people's unhappiness is largely their own doing. He tells people to climb the competence hierarchy, "improve yourself! shoulder a heavy burden.  be the lobster who stands the tallest!"  Generally some self-improvement mumbo jumbo, but "Blame women for your problems" is the last thing Peterson would advocate.  incels would dismiss him as naive.

Aren't they blaming birth control?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2019, 02:03:59 PM »
Birth control, death of the monogamous relationship, death of the stay at home wife/mother, their own genes, stuff that is 100% outside of their control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »
Yeah, their biggest problem is that they are rough ridin' idiots. That's not something that they can easily control, either, though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2019, 02:08:03 PM »
wait a minute, birth control? maybe on opposite day birth control will stop you from sex'ing

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
wait a minute, birth control? maybe on opposite day birth control will stop you from sex'ing

Right?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
who?

Aren't they blaming birth control?
I haven't really seen incels delve into the topic of birth control.  Their general ethos is that it's 100% looks-based.  I don't think their looks is the sole cause of the problem, but I do think it's one of the causes - along with social ineptitude and some of the other societal factors we've discussed (which, again, i don't think are bad things).

Full disclosure, I'm sure I'm biased in this convo because i find the topic really interesting and like learning about incels. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2019, 02:13:12 PM »
I feel like it was somewhere in the Pit but don't have the time to look

It must be tough sledding to tell everyone you aren't getting any because you are too ugly and get mad at girls about it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »
It must be tough sledding to tell everyone you aren't getting any because you are too ugly and get mad at girls about it.
They're projecting.  They're just angry their lives suck.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »
iirc the birth control argument is that now women can have multiple/non-monogamous partners without risk of pregnancy and because of that are less prone to settle down into a monogamous relationship forcing a 1:1 ratio.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
there's a few dudes banging tons of chicks on tinder.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2019, 02:20:29 PM »
iirc the birth control argument is that now women can have multiple/non-monogamous partners without risk of pregnancy and because of that are less prone to settle down into a monogamous relationship forcing a 1:1 ratio.

Why wouldn't they just settle down in a 1:1 with a non incel?