Author Topic: Incel master thread  (Read 10601 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Incel master thread
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Incel master thread
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:17:30 AM »
MAGA

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »
Interesting article.  The graphs show that the percentage of women having sex is higher than the percentage of men having sex. 

Incels are a pretty unsympathetic lot - at least the ones you hear about.  But I do have some sympathy for these people and understand why a lot of them are so bitter.  They're victims of this technological/economic/social phenomenon, and for them, that must really suck.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:37:36 AM »
Victims of what exactly?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
The argument as I understand it is that these people are entitled to having sex no matter how terrible of a person they are. Read that in a weirdly paced Canadian accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »
Interesting article.  The graphs show that the percentage of women having sex is higher than the percentage of men having sex. 

Incels are a pretty unsympathetic lot - at least the ones you hear about.  But I do have some sympathy for these people and understand why a lot of them are so bitter.  They're victims of this technological/economic/social phenomenon, and for them, that must really suck.

Yeah, I think this is due to online/app dating becoming the norm. Something like 80% of women only give attention to the same 20% of men on these platforms. It's very interesting stuff.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:41:43 AM »

Yeah, I think this is due to online/app dating becoming the norm. Something like 80% of women only give attention to the same 20% of men on these platforms. It's very interesting stuff.

This has always been the case

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »

The graphs in WaPo disagree with you.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Victims of what exactly?
Genetics, basically.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 11:45:13 AM »
What is your hypothesis for the bone rate between sexes diverging when it used to stay relatively similar?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »

The graphs in WaPo disagree with you.

Appears to be behind a paywall for me can you post the graphs

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
Open link in incognito mode

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 11:52:54 AM »
Looks like Mikey bishop caused the entire country to make love in 97

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
Victims of what exactly?
Genetics, basically.
For the vast vast majority, I doubt it.  I could buy some of them being victims of culture (but that would lead to butt hurt town about gender studies and whatnot for those folks).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »
Victims of what exactly?
Genetics, basically.
For the vast vast majority, I doubt it.  I could buy some of them being victims of culture (but that would lead to butt hurt town about gender studies and whatnot for those folks).
I'm interested to hear your theory. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
To be clear, theory about what?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 11:59:13 AM »

Thanks that worked.  I suppose the dating apps do magnify the gap.  I think it’s more of a societal shift towards acceptance of a hookup culture.  Maybe we are saying the same thing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
Well you alluded to a cultural issue.  But broadly, why you think more women are having sex relative to men.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
The technology aspect does make some sense, as it makes it easier for women to find attractive men and men probably aren't as picky. I get the sense that most of the incel dudes really don't try very hard, though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 12:08:42 PM »

Thanks that worked.  I suppose the dating apps do magnify the gap.  I think it’s more of a societal shift towards acceptance of a hookup culture.  Maybe we are saying the same thing.
But assuming there was a societal shift towards acceptance of hookup culture, wouldn't you expect the number of people having sex to rise? 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »
Well you alluded to a cultural issue.  But broadly, why you think more women are having sex relative to men.
I am not sure I am convinced that more women are actually having sex relative to men.  But even if this was true, what possible genetic change in humans could have occurred in the past decade to cause this result?

I know most people here think gender studies is just a big whine-fest about how women are harmed by social pressures, but its also a study of how these systems also affect men adversely as well.

Incels often treat having sex with women as if it was an outcome of a videogame (a concept that is reinforced by society).  If one accrues enough "life points", some woman (who by the way has to meet their standards of beauty) is the reward.  They feel cheated, like they have the points needed, so why isn't the secret door getting unlocked? So they dig deeper into way the "hack the system" and buy into stuff like "The Game" etc as if it were cheat codes. At some point they project all blame externally, that women are somehow the broken component.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

But assuming there was a societal shift towards acceptance of hookup culture, wouldn't you expect the number of people having sex to rise? 

No I think the societal shift puts less pressure on women to have a monogamous relationship.  Also I think women now are much more likely to be financially independent. I think the same guys in 1989 that were getting sex were benefiting from society still being more heavily favored to a provider type.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »
I am not sure I am convinced that more women are actually having sex relative to men.  But even if this was true, what possible genetic change in humans could have occurred in the past decade to cause this result?

I know most people here think gender studies is just a big whine-fest about how women are harmed by social pressures, but its also a study of how these systems also affect men adversely as well.

Incels often treat having sex with women as if it was an outcome of a videogame (a concept that is reinforced by society).  If one accrues enough "life points", some woman (who by the way has to meet their standards of beauty) is the reward.  They feel cheated, like they have the points needed, so why isn't the secret door getting unlocked? So they dig deeper into way the "hack the system" and buy into stuff like "The Game" etc as if it were cheat codes. At some point they project all blame externally, that women are somehow the broken component.
Well yeah, I'm just basing this off of the WaPo graph.  And to be fair, I assume genes have always doomed some people to inceldom throughout history.  If you're born with some kind of horrible disability (for example), your odds just aren't great unless you're paying for it.   I'm not saying men have gotten uglier or anything over the last 5-10 years.  I am saying that I think the evidence shows that women have gotten pickier (which, to be clear, I don't think is wrong).  I think a number of factors could have contributed to that (if it exists).  There also exists the possibility that more men aren't meeting some minimum static social threshold for being able to woo women.   

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »