Author Topic: Has this championship changed how you either think or act regarding KSU MBB?  (Read 19860 times)

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Impressed with this thread.
Posters who don't like to watch basketball explaining how they do not watch KSU basketball win a championship. 

For those of you bragging about not watching..  A few things you missed seeing this year.
Two all Big 12 players.
Big 12 defensive player of the year.
Beating KU in front of a packed house.
Finishing first in the league with KU in third.
Full and packed Bramlage celebrating KSU wining the Big 12 championship at home for the first time since 1977.
The most mentally and physically tough KSU team I have seen in 30 years or so.  (Ask OU how it felt to get abused yesterday)

Now we go for the Big 12 tournament and an NCAA run.  (Probably need another thread for you to brag about missing that too)

Regarding next year,
Diarra, McGuirl, SNW, Mak, Trice, Sneed plus other big men that may already be on the team or might not.

4 new recruits including the Chicago Sun Times city player of the year, another guy who might be player of the year in Houston, a 6ft 9 guy from Lawton OK averaging 26 points and 12 rebounds a game with four games this year over 40 points. 

Get your "I don't care and I don't watch thread ready."  All the the basketball fans on this forum will be impressed.

Also, Bramlage was overflowing yesterday with basketball fans who liked what they were seeing including a packed student section who were on Spring break. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Opportunity cost.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Posters who don't like to watch basketball explaining how they do not watch KSU basketball win a championship. 

For those of you bragging about not watching..  A few things you missed seeing this year.
Two all Big 12 players.
Full and packed Bramlage celebrating KSU wining the Big 12 championship at home for the first time since 1977.
The most mentally and physically tough KSU team I have seen in 30 years or so.  (Ask OU how it felt to get abused yesterday)

Now we go for the Big 12 tournament and an NCAA run.  (Probably need another thread for you to brag about missing that too)

Regarding next year,
Diarra, McGuirl, SNW, Mak, Trice, Sneed plus other big men that may already be on the team or might not.

4 new recruits including the Chicago Sun Times city player of the year, another guy who might be player of the year in Houston, a 6ft 9 guy from Lawton OK averaging 26 points and 12 rebounds a game with four games this year over 40 points. 

Get your "I don't care and I don't watch thread ready."  All the the basketball fans on this forum will be impressed.

Also, Bramlage was overflowing yesterday with basketball fans who liked what they were seeing including a packed student section who were on Spring break.

:lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Next year IS going to be rough. Just how rough is going to depend on how well Sneed accepts the mantle that this is "his team" and how much incremental improvement everyone else provides. That said, I think 18 wins is the ceiling. I guess there's always the possibility that Murphy or Gordon comes in and dominates right off the bat, but those types of performances are pretty rare for a oscar recruit.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
I feel more validated than ever for going against the grain here and thinking oscar was a good hire.  :cool:

This KC Star article was an eye-opener:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/craziness-brawl-crab-legs-buffet-restaurant-caught-video-123706232.html
1.  Vindicates Currie for Oscar hire
2.  Oscar has more wins since Frank's departure than Frank has had
3.  Ignores that Oscar inherited Frank's talented recruits, Frank inherited a dumpster fire
4.  Makes note that Currie didn't get along with LHCBS
5. Fails to mention the Schiano hiring debacle and the persistent hatred of Currie at TN

Robinett did a fair job on this.
very informative article by the star

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
I feel more validated than ever for going against the grain here and thinking oscar was a good hire.  :cool:

This KC Star article was an eye-opener:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/craziness-brawl-crab-legs-buffet-restaurant-caught-video-123706232.html
1.  Vindicates Currie for Oscar hire
2.  Oscar has more wins since Frank's departure than Frank has had
3.  Ignores that Oscar inherited Frank's talented recruits, Frank inherited a dumpster fire
4.  Makes note that Currie didn't get along with LHCBS
5. Fails to mention the Schiano hiring debacle and the persistent hatred of Currie at TN

Robinett did a fair job on this.
very informative article by the star
Times are tough in Queens

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
So there's a lot of folks on this blog that would prefer a KSU basketball team with less accomplishments as long as the coach was more likeable/entertaining.

And prefer living in the past or thinking pessimistically about the future instead of just living in the moment.

What a bunch of hayseeds.
Facts

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Next year IS going to be rough. Just how rough is going to depend on how well Sneed accepts the mantle that this is "his team" and how much incremental improvement everyone else provides. That said, I think 18 wins is the ceiling. I guess there's always the possibility that Murphy or Gordon comes in and dominates right off the bat, but those types of performances are pretty rare for a oscar recruit.
We’ll be a bubble team. Not concerned.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Not going to lie.

Still sit in disbelief that we lost as a 3 seed in Kemper to LaSalle. Watching BW stand with arms crossed as Angel drove into the corner really soured me on him. That's been difficult for me to let go.

But, last years run kinda settled me. Of course, some incredible things happened. But the most incredible was BB taking it to the hole to beat Kentucky. Was bitterly disappointed that we were shot from the sky by Loyola.

This season started hot, then a misfire here and there. Oil leaked a little, but not enough to blow the engine. But again, the comeback win vs WVU showed me this team could be different. And they were.

To see them cut down the nets after watching a total dismantling of OU was surreal. To do it against my boyhood idol, Lon Kruger, was even better.

He's our goofy coach. And he deserves a pat on the back and my support.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Oscky has proven himself to be winnerey
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Two all Big 12 players.

Regarding next year,

Now that's zeal!

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
I'll be satisfied (which shouldn't mean anything to anyone else) when we've stopped being the "surprise" team of the year, picked to finish middle-of-the-pack in the Big XII and go into a year with the actual expectation as being either the team to beat or one of the teams to beat.

That goes for football as well.

To that end, I don't care who the coach is, what he looks like or what his/her demeanor is (almost). If they can get us past the conference championship once a generation is good enough for me/us mentality, then I like them.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
I'll be satisfied (which shouldn't mean anything to anyone else) when we've stopped being the "surprise" team of the year, picked to finish middle-of-the-pack in the Big XII and go into a year with the actual expectation as being either the team to beat or one of the teams to beat.

To that end, I don't care who the coach is, what he looks like or what his/her demeanor is (almost). If they can get us past the conference championship once a generation is good enough for me/us mentality, then I like them.

Weren't we picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12?  Doesn't seem middle-of-pack to me. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’ve noticed a common thread among the oscar naysayers is they don’t watch basketball or even generally pay attention to what is going on in Big 12 hoops.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile

A single year does not define consistency.

That other school down the road from us goes into each season in the discussion concerning whether or not they can win another NC. Similar to OU in football. Conference championships, particularly in MBB, are nice (not to me but to the national media) but the prize is the NC.

We should, and I believe can, be at that level.

A conference championship once in pretty much a generation is not really where I think we can be.

Weren't we picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12?  Doesn't seem middle-of-pack to me.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Does this championship change anything for you?  For me it does.

I feel compelled to "accept" oscar now.  I do not like oscar, and I suspect that I never will.  However, winning a conference title with his own players is obvious evidence that he can coach.  No reasonable person can question that. 

However, it's an entertainment business first.  oscar doesn't entertain me, so I doubt I'll spend any money on KSU basketball.  I dropped a fortune on the cult of Huggins and Frank....loved them.  Still do love them, and continue to wish they had never left.  Over the last 6 years or so I found other stuff to do instead of college basketball, so I definitely don't feel like I am "harmed" by oscar being the KSU basketball coach.  If anything, it's really saved me a lot of time and money.

So, I guess you could say that this championship changes a great deal for me, and yet nothing.  Go Cats!

pretty much spot on for my feelings.   Hope some nice guys emerge from the team though for next year, I need some kids to cheer for like I have for the seniors.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not going to lie.

Still sit in disbelief that we lost as a 3 seed in Kemper to LaSalle. Watching BW stand with arms crossed as Angel drove into the corner really soured me on him. That's been difficult for me to let go.

goddammit, I had just gotten this image out of my mind.    Now it's back.   

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
wait, people actually think that game was in Kemper?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LOL, missed that part.   It's as as when I blocked out the Bish loss in the Enterprise Center in 1998.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
 :Chirp:

Quess you are saying that you are satisfied with our basketball program since thats exactly what we did this year.  Good for you.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Cannot believe I actually typed that. I was at the sprint center. Watching it all happen in front of me.

:)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if we get bounced on the first or second round?

Sweet 16 or bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not making the Sweet 16 would be quite a let down, but as long as we win our first game it’s still an improvement over our last championship season.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lasalle in kc was awful

I don't like oscar.

I do think he's done a great job since losing foster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TBT and I were jamming to Pullen highlight videos last night on plug.  I think that says it perfectly my feeling for this team.  Excited enough to get on here Saturday night and celebrate a bball thing but still not over the jake era.

These things aren't one and the same. I love The Flush, yet Jake is my favorite cat O.A.T. I can acknowledge this and still observe that Mitch Richmond is probably the best player in the history of this program.