Author Topic: Has this championship changed how you either think or act regarding KSU MBB?  (Read 19859 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel more validated than ever for going against the grain here and thinking oscar was a good hire.  :cool:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
fwiw i don't like how he looks or how he talks and it rubs my insecurities the wrong way (whatever that means) but i've kind of resigned myself to thinking of him as a lovable dork be cause his teams are always tots adorbs and they win basketball games

Yeah, I agree.  He may well grow on me now that I have made a decision to attempt to accept him.  For now tho, he's still just a dork that I'd care to not watch.  We'll see, things could change. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel more validated than ever for going against the grain here and thinking oscar was a good hire.  :cool:

You totally should!  Like I said, any reasonable person must admit he's very good at coaching basketball.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Great addition. Echo chambers are needed for validating weak viewpoints.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by weak view point?  Let me ask you something, do you hate people who do not like your favorite kind of ice cream?  Be honest.
That's an opinion, of course not. BUT, like flat earthers, I can't stand people who ignore facts or, like political pundits, people who obfuscate to push an agenda. We're winning with oscar more than we ever had in modern memory, and have watched him develop 3 Top-10 players in K-State history. You don't dislike him because he's bad for a basketball program, you dislike him because of how he looks and how he talks and it rubs your insecurities the wrong way.

What about the people who don't like your favorite eminem gifs?
Lol, they're just old in mentality and I like to point that out...dont dislike them. I also find it funny that you can dish it but not take it...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:40:02 AM by brandochav »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

What do you mean by weak view point?  Let me ask you something, do you hate people who do not like your favorite kind of ice cream?  Be honest.
That's an opinion, of course not. BUT, like flat earthers, I can't stand people who ignore facts or, like political pundits, people who obfuscate to push an agenda. We're winning with oscar more than we ever had in modern memory, and have watched him develop 3 Top-10 players in K-State history. You don't dislike him because he's bad for a basketball program, you dislike him because of how he looks and how he talks and it rubs your insecurities the wrong way.

Lol, they're just old in mentality and I like to point that out...dont dislike them.

You're going to have to make one now that shows tech as icp to help clear up the now additional confusion about which champion is which and corresponds to which 2000s white trash rappers.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Lol, they're just old in mentality and I like to point that out...dont dislike them.

You're going to have to make one now that shows tech as icp to help clear up the now additional confusion about which champion is which and corresponds to which 2000s white trash rappers.
I'm not u/everymanawildcat, but I wish I was.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

This KC Star article was an eye-opener:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/craziness-brawl-crab-legs-buffet-restaurant-caught-video-123706232.html
1.  Vindicates Currie for Oscar hire
2.  Oscar has more wins since Frank's departure than Frank has had
3.  Ignores that Oscar inherited Frank's talented recruits, Frank inherited a dumpster fire
4.  Makes note that Currie didn't get along with LHCBS
5. Fails to mention the Schiano hiring debacle and the persistent hatred of Currie at TN

Robinett did a fair job on this.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
imagine thinking people that don't like gifs of 20 year past rap stars as "olds".  Eminem is right in the olds wheelhouse.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not one bit.

Once it was clear oscar was going to get his shot to rebuild this program after the Foster mess, I decided that hating him wasn't worth it. K-State basketball has given me a ton of good times in the time since and continues to do so. I thoroughly enjoyed watching us clinch a championship with my youngest son last night as he wore his custom made "Diarra Pickles" t shirt (his idea). I'm looking forward to spending a good part of next week in KC watching the Cats and hopefully another run to break a long drought for K-State basketball.

I really respect this, because in a way, it's the same thing for me.  No one in my household likes K-State basketball, so me deciding to not participate in it has freed up a bunch of time I would have otherwise not spent with my family.  Totally at peace with it....like it was "meant to be."  Here it was that oscar came along right at a time in my life when it was best for me to spend my time in other ways....rough ridin' perfect for me, actually.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
TBT and I were jamming to Pullen highlight videos last night on plug.  I think that says it perfectly my feeling for this team.  Excited enough to get on here Saturday night and celebrate a bball thing but still not over the jake era.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
imagine thinking people that don't like gifs of 20 year past rap stars as "olds".  Eminem is right in the olds wheelhouse.
Proves my point....woosh

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Proves my point....woosh

i don't think you know what your point is but you do you, we're all champions today so  :cheers:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I still hold out hope after every game I'll read a story about how the fuckface piece of crap who ignores his players out killing people got ran over while he was out on the court and hit his head and died

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I still hold out hope after every game I'll read a story about how the fuckface piece of crap who ignores his players out killing people got ran over while he was out on the court and hit his head and died

No one can question your commitment, #LIFE.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
This championship has changed my outlook.  Maybe not changed, but I really enjoyed the feeling of watching confetti fly around in the Bram.  I think we should do this for the last game every year.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
This championship has changed my outlook.  Maybe not changed, but I really enjoyed the feeling of watching confetti fly around in the Bram.  I think we should do this for the last game every year.

should be done for graduation too.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
For me I dont think it has.  I’m a fan....I’ll love a coach if they’re  winning and hate them if they’re losing.  In the end I still enjoy going to MBBALL games and will continue to do so.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
There's been a lot of douchey hayseeds on this site who can't enjoy this moment right now because they're 1. Too into themselves 2. Can't get over Frank Martin. I really feel sad for them. What a time to be alive. Break the streak and win the title in the same year. Too bad some of you guys are missing out on this party because you want to stay true to yourself

Offline Cool Hand Luke

• Illini Fan
  • Fan
  • Sorry about oscar.
    • View Profile
When he goes 16-15 (7-11) next season it'll turn again.
"oscar Weber is a steaming pile of dog crap and everyone needs to get on board to have his sorry ass fired." - XJK3026

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When he goes 16-15 (7-11) next season it'll turn again.
oscar has learned to put scheduling as his first priority so it will be 18-13 (7-11) which is the right side of the bubble this year.

As a oscar hater I have to admit he has found at least one above Big 12 average perimeter player in every class since the “reset” (I like what I see from SNW). I won’t be surprised if Sneed and Cartier drag next years team to a 8 or 9 seed.  The real key to this run is Brown stepping up to be the leader they wanted Wade to be and Wade thriving as the 2nd banana. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not a whole lot for me.  There has never been much about oscar I particularly liked, but I've enjoyed the teams he has put together (minus our struggle to have 2 solid bigs in any one season).  We had a good team coming back with a lot of experience this year and won a Big 12 championship in a year that KU was hampered by injury and the adidas stuff.  That should be the expectation if you have a good coach.  I don't think anyone can argue at this point that oscar is a good coach.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
So there's a lot of folks on this blog that would prefer a KSU basketball team with less accomplishments as long as the coach was more likeable/entertaining.

And prefer living in the past or thinking pessimistically about the future instead of just living in the moment.

What a bunch of hayseeds.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like oscar and I'll like him more if he can prove that he can do this kind of thing more than once every 4-6 years.    That starts with recruiting, but by the sounds of it, the current class is above average for oscar, so we'll see.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
So there's a lot of folks on this blog that would prefer a KSU basketball team with less accomplishments as long as the coach was more likeable/entertaining.

And prefer living in the past or thinking pessimistically about the future instead of just living in the moment.

What a bunch of hayseeds.

I don't think you know what the term hayseeds means tbh

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If I’m being honest I’d prefer to have someone with a higher upside like Kelvin Sampson but I want us to cheat our asses off so I lean that way.   I don’t care if a coach does things “the right way” but he somehow got it done so kudos to him.  Hopefully we can get one more elite season out of him and send him off into the sunset.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best