Author Topic: Has this championship changed how you either think or act regarding KSU MBB?  (Read 19853 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Does this championship change anything for you?  For me it does.

I feel compelled to "accept" oscar now.  I do not like oscar, and I suspect that I never will.  However, winning a conference title with his own players is obvious evidence that he can coach.  No reasonable person can question that. 

However, it's an entertainment business first.  oscar doesn't entertain me, so I doubt I'll spend any money on KSU basketball.  I dropped a fortune on the cult of Huggins and Frank....loved them.  Still do love them, and continue to wish they had never left.  Over the last 6 years or so I found other stuff to do instead of college basketball, so I definitely don't feel like I am "harmed" by oscar being the KSU basketball coach.  If anything, it's really saved me a lot of time and money.

So, I guess you could say that this championship changes a great deal for me, and yet nothing.  Go Cats!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
At least as to Thursday and Saturday, the seedings and corresponding game times work relatively well for some moving I have to do that a squawk is helping me with.  That had been a concern, so good job there oscar.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Who goes to the game or tunes in to watch the coach? Also, only desperate programs buy gear for the coach anyway; it gives them hope. We're not that program anymore...it's time to move on.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And just how many "Dang" t shirts have our rough ridin' hayseed fans purchased this offseason?

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
And just how many "Dang" t shirts have our rough ridin' hayseed fans purchased this offseason?
You're proving my point...

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's not the coach's job to entertain you, it's the team's job.  They do that by winning lots of games and large candy bowl shaped trophies.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not one bit.

Once it was clear oscar was going to get his shot to rebuild this program after the Foster mess, I decided that hating him wasn't worth it. K-State basketball has given me a ton of good times in the time since and continues to do so. I thoroughly enjoyed watching us clinch a championship with my youngest son last night as he wore his custom made "Diarra Pickles" t shirt (his idea). I'm looking forward to spending a good part of next week in KC watching the Cats and hopefully another run to break a long drought for K-State basketball.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
it doesn't hurt me to change my mind and to allow myself to enjoy things that i didn't always. i think it's really weird that people can't do this for oscar.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Not one bit.

Once it was clear oscar was going to get his shot to rebuild this program after the Foster mess, I decided that hating him wasn't worth it. K-State basketball has given me a ton of good times in the time since and continues to do so. I thoroughly enjoyed watching us clinch a championship with my youngest son last night as he wore his custom made "Diarra Pickles" t shirt (his idea). I'm looking forward to spending a good part of next week in KC watching the Cats and hopefully another run to break a long drought for K-State basketball.
I want this shirt

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Any of you guys going to buy season tickets next year to support this championship team?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it doesn't hurt me to change my mind and to allow myself to enjoy things that i didn't always. i think it's really weird that people can't do this for oscar.

https://twitter.com/benspencerksu/status/1104604547299848192?s=21
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I feel compelled to "accept" oscar now.  I do not like oscar, and I suspect that I never will.  However, winning a conference title with his own players is obvious evidence that he can coach.  No reasonable person can question that. 

However, it's an entertainment business first.  oscar doesn't entertain me, so I doubt I'll spend any money on KSU basketball.  I dropped a fortune on the cult of Huggins and Frank....loved them.  Still do love them, and continue to wish they had never left.  Over the last 6 years or so I found other stuff to do instead of college basketball, so I definitely don't feel like I am "harmed" by oscar being the KSU basketball coach.  If anything, it's really saved me a lot of time and money.

So, I guess you could say that this championship changes a great deal for me, and yet nothing.  Go Cats!

this encapsulates my views perfectly.  Thank you Pete.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Any of you guys going to buy season tickets next year to support this championship team?
Going to the tourney and will attend more games next year than this one, keeping the trend going. Live out of state so can't do season or you bet your ass I would!

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Great addition. Echo chambers are needed for validating weak viewpoints.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I went from hating Oscar to tolerating him, but I'll turn on him with the first three-game losing streak or early torn-a-ment exit..

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

no reason to come in here and be nasty to fellow champions

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
What fan said.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What do you mean by weak view point?  Let me ask you something, do you hate people who do not like your favorite kind of ice cream?  Be honest.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

What do you mean by weak view point?  Let me ask you something, do you hate people who do not like your favorite kind of ice cream?  Be honest.
That's an opinion, of course not. BUT, like with flat earthers, I can't stand people who ignore facts or, like with political pundits, people who obfuscate to push an agenda. We're winning with oscar more than we ever had in modern memory, and have watched him develop 3 Top-10 players in K-State history. You don't dislike him because he's bad for a basketball program, you dislike him because of how he looks and how he talks and it rubs your insecurities the wrong way.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

That's an opinion, of course not. BUT, like flat earthers, I can't stand people who ignore facts or, like political pundits, people who obfuscate to push an agenda. We're winning with oscar more than we ever had in modern memory, and have watched him develop 3 Top-10 players in K-State history. You don't dislike him because he's bad for a basketball program, you dislike him because of how he looks and how he talks and it rubs your insecurities the wrong way.

What about the people who don't like your favorite eminem gifs?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
is there a non-favorite eminem gif?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I'm happy for ksu cats and the fans of the basketball team but agree with Pete. I've checked out and I don't see myself coming back. I watched around 5 halves of the cats this season and just did not enjoy the play. Some of it is just college basketball in general being stopped every possession for some questionable foul.

Will watch all tourney games tho  :)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
fwiw i don't like how he looks or how he talks and it rubs my insecurities the wrong way (whatever that means) but i've kind of resigned myself to thinking of him as a lovable dork be cause his teams are always tots adorbs and they win basketball games

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
I'm happy for ksu cats and the fans of the basketball team but agree with Pete. I've checked out and I don't see myself coming back. I watched around 5 halves of the cats this season and just did not enjoy the play. Some of it is just college basketball in general being stopped every possession for some questionable foul.

I do think the past 4 games have been much more entertaining than early this year.  That was unwatchable

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think I'll watch the tourney games too!  I am not going to duck out of work to watch them, or stay up super late, but that's not because I hate oscar's stupid face and voice and gestures and stuff.  I am just kinda busy, and get tired.