Author Topic: chum1's dumb job stories  (Read 53916 times)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: chum1's dumb job stories
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »
i picture german girl as the st paulies girl.  and don't say anything, just let me have this.

For some reason I pictured her as a german version of Chanel West Coast.  but less annoying.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
I pictured her as Angela Merkel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
I pictured her as Angela Merkel

Yup, but like 35
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 02:04:50 PM »
If you've been following, you know that D2 has essentially lost his role to GG. He's not so dumb that he can't see this. And, in many ways, he acts like you'd expect. He worries about continuing to have something of value to contribute. It's surely why he's been clinging onto the work he'd previously done.

So, over the past six months or so, he's kinda been trying to make a big show of everything that he contributes. Like, for example, going around and telling everyone who'll listen, "Hoo, boy. I've been working on such and such and, man, it's just been a whole bunch of work. I sure am glad that no one else has to deal with it because it's a SUCH A MAJOR PAIN." So, yeah, it's kinda pathetic and embarrassing.

But, TODAY. Today, my friends. Today, Mr. D2 had a package delivery. I became aware of this when I heard him laughing and saying to himself, "Oh, man. That Dave is quite a guy." Then, a moment later to me and GG, "Look at what Dave from [client] sent to me." He's holding up a t-shirt that says PROFESSIONAL MIRACLE WORKER on it. He placed this t-shirt on a table in here so that it is prominently on display. At one point, he pulled in an executive that was passing by to show him this t-shirt. Later, he announces to no one in particular, "I need to give Dave a call and think him for the shirt," gets up, and walks out the door, phone in hand.

Do I think that D2 sent the shirt to himself? Well, I suppose it is a possibility.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Must have been a small miracle to just earn a t-shirt.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 02:47:07 PM »
If you've been following, you know that D2 has essentially lost his role to GG. He's not so dumb that he can't see this. And, in many ways, he acts like you'd expect. He worries about continuing to have something of value to contribute. It's surely why he's been clinging onto the work he'd previously done.

So, over the past six months or so, he's kinda been trying to make a big show of everything that he contributes. Like, for example, going around and telling everyone who'll listen, "Hoo, boy. I've been working on such and such and, man, it's just been a whole bunch of work. I sure am glad that no one else has to deal with it because it's a SUCH A MAJOR PAIN." So, yeah, it's kinda pathetic and embarrassing.

But, TODAY. Today, my friends. Today, Mr. D2 had a package delivery. I became aware of this when I heard him laughing and saying to himself, "Oh, man. That Dave is quite a guy." Then, a moment later to me and GG, "Look at what Dave from [client] sent to me." He's holding up a t-shirt that says PROFESSIONAL MIRACLE WORKER on it. He placed this t-shirt on a table in here so that it is prominently on display. At one point, he pulled in an executive that was passing by to show him this t-shirt. Later, he announces to no one in particular, "I need to give Dave a call and think him for the shirt," gets up, and walks out the door, phone in hand.

Do I think that D2 sent the shirt to himself? Well, I suppose it is a possibility.

:love:

I'd forgotten about going to the store to get your computer :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »

LMAO

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
How's Charlie Sheen liking his new role?

Also, my ps4 gamertag is x420blaze69x.  Kindred spirits, you and I, chum.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 03:35:18 PM »

https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27807.msg1810295#msg1810295

I just looked him up on linkedin and he started his own company.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:35 PM »

https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27807.msg1810295#msg1810295

I just looked him up on linkedin and he started his own company.
maybe i'm getting confused.  i thought charlie sheen was the guy they phased out and is doing basically his same job on a contract basis

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »

If D2 had a better relationship with you, he could've asked you to work up a Certificate like the one we presented Schulz.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 03:57:46 PM »
Cast of Characters

Owner/CEO: former D1 basketball player, mostly just wants to glorify Jesus Christ
Charlie Sheen door guy: President/COO until 1/1/18
D2: dude#2, old software guru, my former boss's former boss
D1: dude#1, my former boss, took me to the store to shop for my computer, now contractor
GG: German girl, new software guru, my current boss

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 04:01:14 PM »
ah ok i was conflating D1 with CS.  D1 was my favorite.

"You're the DJamer!"

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »
At one point, he pulled in an executive that was passing by to show him this t-shirt.

This guy's response, in a monotone voice, was, "Wow. That's high praise." Then, he immediately turned around and walked out.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 08:38:15 AM »
Are there any plain old workers in this company?  Seems like everyone is a CEO, or owner, or an executive, or vice pres or some other official title.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
Are there any plain old workers in this company?  Seems like everyone is a CEO, or owner, or an executive, or vice pres or some other official title.

if i were to guess what his company looks like, i'd say a total of 200-250 people, mostly sales

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
I bet it's way less than that. Maybe 50 in that building, tops.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2019, 08:57:51 AM »
There are around 50 employees. What you might call the "leadership team" has continually evolved since I've been here. I'd define the leadership team as whatever group of 2-6 people are best able to influence the Owner/CEO at a given moment. That's a whole story unto itself. All the jockeying for position.

The titles probably couldn't be more meaningless. D2 was introduced to me as a VP. At this point, it  would seem silly to refer to him that way.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2019, 01:06:51 PM »
Cast of Characters

Owner/CEO: former D1 basketball player, mostly just wants to glorify Jesus Christ
Charlie Sheen door guy: President/COO until 1/1/18
D2: dude#2, old software guru, my former boss's former boss
D1: dude#1, my former boss, took me to the store to shop for my computer, now contractor
GG: German girl, new software guru, my current boss

NG1: new girl 1, started this week
NG2: new girl 2, starts in three weeks

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 01:13:08 PM »
Moments ago, GG appeared in the doorway with NG2 so that NG1, D2, and I could meet her. NG2 wasn't shy about addressing the elephant in the room by pointing out that there is not a free desk. GG replied that there will be one and isn't bothered in the slightest to just leave it at that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2019, 01:15:17 PM »
Moments ago, GG appeared in the doorway with NG2 so that NG1, D2, and I could meet her. NG2 wasn't shy about addressing the elephant in the room by pointing out that there is not a free desk. GG replied that there will be one and isn't bothered in the slightest to just leave it at that.

:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
Wow
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »
:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2019, 01:34:51 PM »
german girl is a straight ruthless killer

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2019, 01:35:36 PM »
does D2 even react to the no desk thing???