Author Topic: Jussie Smollet  (Read 40198 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jussie Smollet
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
The best I can tell, Chicago PD just want to bring Jussie into the station for a big group hug.

Smollett is due in court in Chicago at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said CPD detectives will make contact with Smollett's legal team to "negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

Smollett is not in custody at this time. Guglielmi told ABC News police are not actively looking for the actor because "this is not a violent crime," but said "the longer this goes, the more we have to do what we have to do."

Guglielmi told ABC News police do not know where Smollett is, and "his attorneys have not shared where he is at this point."

"I know this can be difficult emotionally, and we hope he doesn't do anything terrible. We want to make this as diplomatic as possible. In the end, this is only a class 4 felony. He will get through this and we want to make it as easy as possible for him to do it. But again, it is about accountability," Guglielmi told ABC News. “I guess what I’m trying to get across is, please please pretty please let’s not have race riots over this.”
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »
Pretty weird take kdub, I have to be honest.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Jussie Smollet
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2019, 09:59:24 PM »
For anyone wondering, that last bit wasn’t actually a quote, KSU-W is just being a dweeb. He probably thinks that false assault claimer Jussie Smollet deserves the same treatment from the CPD as treasonist Roger Stone got from the FBI.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Jussie Smollet
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
ksu-dub, for this thread being exactly in your wheelhouse you've handled it just, you know, not the best.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:58:13 AM by steve dave »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2019, 06:22:45 AM »
Nothing super weird at all about contacting reporters directly, sd. Everybody does it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
Nothing super weird at all about contacting reporters directly, sd. Everybody does it.
Listen it's not that weird so everyone should just shut up about it -- at least not if someone says that KU's football attendance has averaged <20k over the last 5 years

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2019, 09:33:47 AM »
Caught some of the police news conference on the way into work. It was kind of shocking how personally upset the superintendent was.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2019, 09:39:37 AM »
Caught some of the police news conference on the way into work. It was kind of shocking how personally upset the superintendent was.

I didn't hear it but I'd be pretty pissed off as well if I were him.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2019, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
Apparently Smollett was unhappy with his salary.  Very weird way to ask for a raise.   :dunno:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2019, 10:09:18 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
rough ridin' :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2019, 10:19:20 AM »
I've always carried an irrational dislike for the show because it sounds like it should be a tv version of the film classic, Empire Records, but it's not.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:05 AM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
He’s both a terrible human being and terrible at doing crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2019, 11:08:07 AM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
He’s both a terrible human being and terrible at doing crimes.

Which is a lousy combination, because terrible human beings are the most predisposed to doing crimes, i would think.  You can be terrible at one or the other, but it's very unlucky to be terrible at both.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
I think he's clearly mentally ill, but calling him a terrible human being sets a pretty low bar for what makes someone a terrible human. JMO

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2019, 11:15:57 AM »
I think he's clearly mentally ill, but calling him a terrible human being sets a pretty low bar for what makes someone a terrible human. JMO

Nope. This plus the previous awful at crime attempt to frame his brother clearly qualifies him.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2019, 11:18:36 AM »
What makes you say he's mentally ill, Dr. Rusty?  He came across as pretty coherent in his interviews - though he lied a lot. 

To the extent anyone can be a terrible human being (outside of terrorists, murderers, violent/sexual criminals), I think this episode is a pretty good example.  I mean, in addition to orchestrating a fake hate crime, he went to the station to ID suspects, and when he got there and saw it was his accomplices, he didn't ID them.  Impliedly, if it was two guys with MAGA tattoos, he would've sent them up the river.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:22:11 AM by Dlew12 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2019, 11:21:01 AM »

Nope. This plus the previous awful at crime attempt to frame his brother clearly qualifies him.

Forgot about the blaming his brother thing

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »

What makes you say he's mentally ill, Dr. Rusty?  He came across as pretty coherent in his interviews - though he lied a lot. 

To the extent anyone can be a terrible human being (outside of terrorists, murderers, sexual criminals), I think this episode is a pretty good example.  I mean, in addition to orchestrating a fake hate crime, he went to the station to ID suspects, and when he got there and saw it was his accomplices, he didn't ID them.  Impliedly, if it was two guys with MAGA tattoos, he would've sent them up the river.

You can't be coherent and still be mentally ill?

IMO if all this is true and he thought he would get a higher salary on Empire from this, he's insane

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »

To the extent anyone can be a terrible human being (outside of terrorists, murderers, sexual criminals), I think this episode is a pretty good example.  I mean, in addition to orchestrating a fake hate crime, he went to the station to ID suspects, and when he got there and saw it was his accomplices, he didn't ID them.  Impliedly, if it was two guys with MAGA tattoos, he would've sent them up the river.

You can't be coherent and still be mentally ill?

IMO if all this is true and he thought he would get a higher salary on Empire from this, he's insane
There's just nothing to suggest to me that he's anything other than a liar, a bad person, and also really stupid. 

Maybe he has some mental illness or delusion or something, but doing morally repugnant crap for dumb reasons isn't necessarily evidence of mental illness.  I think it's evidence of being a stupid bad person.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »
yeah, stupid bad person has my vote