Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 141987 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #3150 on: April 17, 2024, 01:59:57 PM »
It's always enjoyable to see #blueanongE regularly pile on to the very crowded #blueanon bandwagon as they ride off to "help" those communities (predominately minority) who (according to #blueanon) are just too stupid to navigate life in modern America.

BTW, just a reminder, I am responding to #blogkaren's "voter suppression" comments, not weirdos monitoring weirdos aka #blueanongE and TexAgs.

I know some on here can't ever seem to keep up with the cadence of this blog.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 17, 2024, 02:11:00 PM »
I said busy, not stupid, dipshit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 17, 2024, 02:18:22 PM »
What does being busy have to do with voter suppression?

Given that the Federal government is engaged in many facets of the documentation of citizenship (and related) process in these United States . . . then using your logic, the Federal Government (full of #blueanon leaning wonks) is engaged in voter suppression. Because their service levels are absolute crap, friend.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 17, 2024, 02:34:00 PM »
because a lot of upstanding citizens are living paycheck to paycheck at hourly jobs, many of them being shiftwork, and while i can't say this is a matter of fact from top to bottom, but its safe to say that most shiftwork type jobs (waiters, factory jobs, retail, etc) you can't just stroll in a couple hours late. You're either there for your shift or you're not. And if you're not then that shift had better have been covered by someone else or you are definitely fired. So that means no income for you that day. or they would have to take a different shift that would make their miserable lives trying to scratch out a paltry existence that much more miserable.

is this really that hard to understand, dax? please tell me you don't think the world is all salaried positions with flexible bosses who will let you take time out of your workday to take care of things like that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 17, 2024, 02:41:10 PM »
because a lot of upstanding citizens are living paycheck to paycheck at hourly jobs, many of them being shiftwork, and while i can't say this is a matter of fact from top to bottom, but its safe to say that most shiftwork type jobs (waiters, factory jobs, retail, etc) you can't just stroll in a couple hours late. You're either there for your shift or you're not. And if you're not then that shift had better have been covered by someone else or you are definitely fired. So that means no income for you that day. or they would have to take a different shift that would make their miserable lives trying to scratch out a paltry existence that much more miserable.

is this really that hard to understand, dax? please tell me you don't think the world is all salaried positions with flexible bosses who will let you take time out of your workday to take care of things like that.

Governmental entities of all types have in person demands, BAC. For example, our own IRS is forcing people (mainly of color) to show up in person to prove they are themselves right now . . . in order to get the money they are owed by our Federal government.

In Texas, how often is a person required to show in person for their DL renewal?  Don't hit me with the usual 8 sentences of gibberish, keep it at 8 words or less.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 17, 2024, 02:51:24 PM »
I'll help you BAC, if I am reading the Texas website correctly, between 18 and 85 you have to renew your license every 8 years, state ID's every 6 years.

It appears there may be a time when a person may be ineligible for online renewal of their DL . . . every 8 years.

The DL typically tell you when it expires, by all accounts, you've got 8 years to plan for that day.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 17, 2024, 02:54:20 PM »
idk i think its something like every 10 years? what does that have to do with anything?

also dax, and i think i'm speaking to sprac's larger point...you are the only one trying to church this up. the good legislature of the great state of texas have all but said the quiet part out loud, that all this rigmarole is going to be exponentially more of an obstacle for the poor, and the poor tend to to be POC and vote liberal more often than not. there are some downright ghouls running the state of texas, and they don't even try to hide it anymore.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 17, 2024, 02:57:34 PM »
but excellent point dax. you've had 8 whole ass years to plan for this. Even though you may not be entirely sure where your next paycheck is coming from, making it very difficult to plan more than a week or two in advance but hey you had 8 years notice you crybaby

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 17, 2024, 05:06:33 PM »
but excellent point dax. you've had 8 whole ass years to plan for this. Even though you may not be entirely sure where your next paycheck is coming from, making it very difficult to plan more than a week or two in advance but hey you had 8 years notice you crybaby

Why do you believe that certain people are just utterly incapable of navigating this world? In addition, you didn't provide any insight as to who would be ineligible to to renew their license by phone or online. I don't think I am going out on any limbs by saying it's the vast majority of renewals that can be done remotely. 

To participate in copious things in the world, being there, showing up et. al. is required again, and again, and again.

Your airing of the legislative grievances can be reworded and applied to generational #blueanon strongholds all across this country. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 17, 2024, 05:36:25 PM »
dax i don't know what to tell you man, it seems we are making completely separate arguments. there's a law/policy/process in place. a change is made to that law/policy/process. There's a delta there. You are essentially making the argument that the delta is inconsequential, nothing to see here. I'm saying it does matter, actually, and examining who is impacted by that delta.

In this case, its fair to say that nobody directly benefits from making a process more convoluted. Indirectly, republican politicians and citizens who identify as republican stand to gain from that delta b/c its going to create more road blocks for the people that would be voting against them.

I'm not going  to have that argument with you. You can go back to school and take every class in the sociology department to get a better grasp on why X leads to Y.

if they decided to really start cracking down on cocaine, it would affect white people way more than it would POC.
if they decided to make it actually somewhat difficult to obtain automatic weapons instead of just giving them out like candy to anyone who can see over the counter, mass shootings would happen less frequently, and there would be fewer mass shooting casualties.
if they started cracking down on people who drive like douchebags, you would be seeing a disproportionate uptick in bmw drivers receiving citations.

in order to have any sort of meaningful discussion (something i know you have absolutely 0 interest in) both parties have to agree that some things just are what they are. I'm not going to debate you whether or not water is wet, or the sky is blue. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #3160 on: April 18, 2024, 07:41:10 AM »
LMAO

Fact-a DL is good for 8 years in Texas (you apparently can go as far out as 10 years and still renew). Fact - Texas offers remote renewal. Fact-You’ve provided no data on why people may have to go in person or how many people have to go in person or the demographic make up of those required in person renewals.   Fact-You’ve rambled on like an insane person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 07:50:19 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 18, 2024, 09:23:17 AM »
You can do remote every other renewal, hence the 8 years if properly gamed. This info is hot and fresh from texags, use at your own risk.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 18, 2024, 09:26:20 AM »
Also, it seems limited appointment times are a city issue and not a problem in rural Texas. This is what I assumed Spracne was getting at with the conspiracy.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 18, 2024, 09:27:03 AM »
We can now conclude the Texas dl conversation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 18, 2024, 10:13:05 AM »
You can do remote every other renewal, hence the 8 years if properly gamed. This info is hot and fresh from texags, use at your own risk.

So if I am reading this correctly, you have to truly prove you are who you say you are every . . . 16 years in Texas.

What a burden!!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: April 18, 2024, 10:17:13 AM »
We can now conclude the Texas dl conversation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 18, 2024, 10:18:37 AM »
Fascistic dictatorial StalkerBot.7 starts off the morning . . .

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 18, 2024, 10:23:06 AM »
It's 5:30 pm dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 18, 2024, 10:25:22 AM »
Today at 10:17:13 AM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:35 AM »
Today at 10:17:13 AM »

It's hilarious how self-assured you are about everything. He's in Europe, dipshit.

And it's also hilarious that you think you know more about TX DL renewal than I do, given I've lived most of my life deep in the heart of Texas. I have lived experiences dealing with it. Whatever website you pulled your info from isn't entirely accurate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 18, 2024, 10:38:16 AM »
Why in the world would you think I would know that?

I don't stalk you dumbasses/frat bro Chads around all over this blog, it's the exact opposite.

I lived in Texas once upon a time, I went and got my license, it took an hour.  Dallas was already booming and growing like crazy.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:41:54 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 18, 2024, 10:41:54 AM »

I don't stalk you dumbasses/frat bro Chads around all over this blog, it's the exact opposite.

No one expects you to know that, it's just funny that you'd rather try to prove lib wrong about a completely insignificant point than consider how he could be right about it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 18, 2024, 10:43:03 AM »

No one expects you to know that, it's just funny that you'd rather try to prove lib wrong about a completely insignificant point than consider how he could be right about it.

It's just hilarious that you don't understand that Stalkerbot cannot help himself and responds to me about every little insignificant thing.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 18, 2024, 10:44:11 AM »
This is definitely the first time I've been called a frat boy Chad

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile