Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 141767 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #2775 on: October 25, 2023, 09:40:44 PM »
LGBT inquiry on insane logic
513 Views | 5 Replies
D-Fens6:02p
Can anyone who is LGBT or an "LGBT ally" explain a couple counterintuitive and conflicting viewpoints?

A) You are born with your sexual orientation/preference, but not born with your gender. Gender is something you choose, while sexual orientation isn't.

B) Gender reveal parties are inappropriate and insensitive to the unborn child , but abortions are totally up to the mother. Ok for pregnant mom to kill baby, not ok for pregnant mom to celebrate the gender of baby.

This stuff, along with pronouns, is becoming mainstream with little to no push back in corporate America. In a couple years, perhaps the "minor attracted person" nonsense will take hold.

Would like to see more LGBT folks call out the absolutely insane "shared values" that are becoming commonplace in schools and offices.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: October 25, 2023, 09:41:54 PM »
AggieBucksJB10:06a
I am a conservative republican I teach Texas History and will show cnn 10 sometimes. I watch it ahead of time to make sure they don't get political. Heck sometimes they even talk about the economy and how bad it is. It is not as bad as CNN's main broadcasts. It's mostly educational and it in no way is indoctrination IMO. I get peoples concern but go watch a few and you will see it's not crazy leftist liberal news or propaganda.
Almost all of the news about Israel has been pro Israel but if you look hard enough people can find something left leaning about anything and I am the worst at that.

What most conservatives see on social media about schools pushing the gay pride and trans inclusion crap does not happen at most schools in Texas especially rural schools.

Did AggieBucks get pummeled for that?

Also, lol at the guy saying Round Rock ISD (Williamson County) is too woke for him.

He's just scratching his head

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: October 26, 2023, 03:37:01 AM »
LGBT inquiry on insane logic
513 Views | 5 Replies
D-Fens6:02p
Can anyone who is LGBT or an "LGBT ally" explain a couple counterintuitive and conflicting viewpoints?

A) You are born with your sexual orientation/preference, but not born with your gender. Gender is something you choose, while sexual orientation isn't.

B) Gender reveal parties are inappropriate and insensitive to the unborn child , but abortions are totally up to the mother. Ok for pregnant mom to kill baby, not ok for pregnant mom to celebrate the gender of baby.

This stuff, along with pronouns, is becoming mainstream with little to no push back in corporate America. In a couple years, perhaps the "minor attracted person" nonsense will take hold.

Would like to see more LGBT folks call out the absolutely insane "shared values" that are becoming commonplace in schools and offices.

I actually kind of agree with this person, particularly on point b. However, they problem here is that they're trying to apply an extremist viewpoint to every single lgbtq person and ally. I've been to one gender reveal party in my life, they're abhorrent, it was a nonbinary couple that had the gender reveal.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: October 26, 2023, 09:00:11 AM »
besides being lame what is wrong with a gender reveal party?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 26, 2023, 09:45:43 AM »
i think the lameness is sufficient

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: October 26, 2023, 04:16:15 PM »

Are there, like, presents and stuff? Otherwise, just attention, I suppose.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 26, 2023, 04:36:37 PM »

Are there, like, presents and stuff? Otherwise, just attention, I suppose.

I've turned down all gender reveals I've been invited to.  I think you're right on attention grab but "they've" also figured out another way for "you" to bring a present of some sort.  It's become crazy the number of parties that are now happening when you get engaged and then preggers...
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 26, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »
If I bring a gift your reveal had better maim you or a family member

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 27, 2023, 05:04:31 AM »
Is There a Conservative Book re Jan 6?
2,129 Views | 66 Replies
ts56419:47a, 10/26/23
There are a million books from a leftist perspective of the "horrors of Jan 6." Anyone have a rec for a book from a conservative (i.e. truthful) perspective of what really happened?

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 27, 2023, 01:48:56 PM »
i.e. truthful

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 27, 2023, 02:03:40 PM »
2,129 Views | 66 Replies
There are a million books from a leftist perspective of the "horrors of Jan 6." Anyone have a rec for a book from a conservative (i.e. truthful) perspective of what really happened?

this poor old moron

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 27, 2023, 02:39:52 PM »
2,129 Views | 66 Replies

this poor old moron
There are a million books about the "horrors of Jim Crow." Anybody have a recommendation for "a balanced perspective"?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 27, 2023, 02:48:39 PM »
I was just reading "The Count of Balli Taezo" and it was pretty fair and balanced.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 27, 2023, 02:50:14 PM »
"Little Women (who get smoked by a security guard for breaking into the capitol the Ashley Babbit Story)" is also pretty middle of the road

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 27, 2023, 06:56:23 PM »
2,129 Views | 66 Replies

:clap:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: October 30, 2023, 04:53:58 AM »
I was just reading "The Count of Balli Taezo" and it was pretty fair and balanced.

:ROFL:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 30, 2023, 06:12:44 AM »
"Little Women (who get smoked by a security guard for breaking into the capitol the Ashley Babbit Story)" is also pretty middle of the road

Oh man if you think that one’s good, you gotta check out To Kill A Magabird
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 30, 2023, 07:18:10 AM »
#blueanon/#blueanongE: Proud advocates of gun violence (but only if it's directed at people they don't like . . . which is a lot of people)

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 01, 2023, 06:31:15 PM »
Hate Speech
7,212 Views | 136 Replies
3rd and 27:52a, 10/29/23
I got perma banned for hate speech from a website one time for commenting that an article called 'Boy/Girl McDonald's Toys Promote Gender Heteronormativity and That's Bad' was stupid. But college kids can go and say things like all Jews should be killed (look it up, it's happening).with no repercussions??? That's totally hate speech.
2 edits

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 03, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »
Random bump of a 6 month old thread

NASAg031:20p
Target CEO is trying to kill off any chance for their stock recovery. Not that his words even matter compared to the demographic that's now shopping at Target.

It's no longer hot soccer moms. Why? Because Target has been taken over with an intentionally "diverse", and rather off-putting, group of humans. From workers wearing Pentagrams, ads that feature no hot white women (if any white women), clothing specifically geared towards black people, and a set of customers that look more like they should be at hot topic or Walmart.

I rarely shop at Target any more, and not just because of the trans / gay products they are pushing. They have no products that appeal to me in any other way. No real automotive or hardware section. A men's section that's been cleansed from "white" clothing in favor of "black" clothing. Ads that don't feature a single white man. Half the shelves empty.

My girlfriend doesn't really shop there any more either. Why? None of the clothing fits her any more. I told her next time she's there to look at the ads in the women's section, and see if any look like her (5'5", 120lb, white woman). And this is in the Denver area which has very few POC's.

Soon Target will go bankrupt. Count on it. I applaud them for actually going all in on woke. But it's a worse bungle than their failed attempt at opening stores in Canada.

On the flip side, Walmart is upgrading their selection and remodeling many of their stores in order to take over the new hole in the market that Target left.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/target-ceo-calls-pride-month-display-backlash-first-time-team-felt-not-safe-work
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
1 edit

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 03, 2023, 01:30:01 PM »
Mike Shaw seems like a real piece of crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 03, 2023, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 03, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »
Mike Shaw seems like a real piece of crap.

Totally not racist though.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: November 03, 2023, 04:40:06 PM »
He’s not wrong about the lack of hot soccer moms, which is also my go to metric for ongoing viability of major retailers.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 04, 2023, 12:29:37 PM »
Israeli Solution for Gaza.
940 Views | 22 Replies
Aggie4Life029:39a
This is what I would do if I were in charge of Israel:

1) I would officially annex Gaza into Israel.
2) I would require all living souls to remove themselves from Gaza. They can either leave Israel altogether, or go to a citizen refugee camp or a non-citizen refugee camp set up in a different part of Israel .
3) I would then completely level all of Gaza and ensure that nobody is left living in Gaza.
4) Non-citizens in the refugee camps can apply for Israeli citizenship. If the are rejected for citizenship, they will be compensated for their owned land an property and they will be expelled from Israel.
5) Citizens will be allowed to return to Gaza and they will be compensated for and/or assisted in rebuilding their homesteads.
6) Non-citizen land/property will be auctioned off to help pay for the efforts.