Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 146937 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #2550 on: July 19, 2023, 03:21:36 PM »
Excellent move, TexAgs! You’re on the clock, caste sports.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 19, 2023, 07:49:58 PM »
Embarrassing RE Oppenheimer - a cautionary tale
5,444 Views | 127 Replies
HollywoodBQ2:51p
At the request of my Engineering degreed daughter, I just bought tickets to see Oppenheimer in 70mm tomorrow night (the day before it opens nationally - one of the few perks of paying to live in LA).

You would think this is going to be a hooray hashtag Women in STEM story but unfortunately, it's a sad state of education story.

After I bought the tickets, she says to me, now who was this guy? Was he like a Nazi scientist or something?

My jaw hit the floor. Not so much that she didn't know who he was - at least she's going to attend the movie and find out, but the fact that she didn't even know whose side he was on. She does know that we stole some scientists from the Nazis but that is more space program related.

I spent a ton of dough on private girls school in Australia and on out of state tuition at the West Point of the South. I can't believe that they didn't cover the development of The Bomb in either of those settings.

Maybe it's just accepted these days that "Nukes are Bad M'Kay" and they don't even discuss the Manhattan Project in history class.

It's been a long time since I took American History in HS, or US Military History in college but I just can't believe that kids these days would not even know the particulars about how we won the War in the Pacific. Since the Pacific Theater affected Australia the most, you'd think that they would teach schoolchildren that their bacon was saved by The Yanks and their A-Bombs. Also by Yanks like my Grandfather who went to Brisbane before participating in amphibious assaults in New Guinea and The Philippines.

So I asked her why did she want to see a 3 hour long movie (runtime 180 minutes with $22 tickets) if she didn't even know who the guy was. She said she heard it was a good movie.

I sure hope it is a good movie, we'll see.

So my question for the parents out there is - What do your kids know about Robert Oppenheimer, The Manhattan Project, WWII in the Pacific?

Is this just an isolated incident or, are we in the midst of an American History Pandemic?

Politics because - our kids should being taught this at the HS and/or College level.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 19, 2023, 08:34:15 PM »
I’ll bet the boomers on that board went nuts after that chum that my man just tossed out there.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 19, 2023, 08:48:46 PM »
They were actually fairly reasonable. OP took multiple additional opportunities to crap on his daughter's education tho (that he paid for)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 19, 2023, 10:02:10 PM »
They were actually fairly reasonable. OP took multiple additional opportunities to crap on his daughter's education tho (that he paid for)

Also plenty of blatant (humorless) brags in there. It reminded me of a lot of gpc/kso types.

Your post also reminded me of a phog thread awhile ago. Most agreed that dropping atomic bombs on heavily populated cities was justified and necessary to end the war.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 19, 2023, 11:13:16 PM »
ha, that guy's daughter is simply an idiot.  Sucks that he fake sent her to a fake private school abroad

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 19, 2023, 11:19:24 PM »
Embarrassing RE Oppenheimer - a cautionary tale
5,444 Views | 127 Replies
HollywoodBQ2:51p
At the request of my Engineering degreed daughter, I just bought tickets to see Oppenheimer in 70mm tomorrow night (the day before it opens nationally - one of the few perks of paying to live in LA).

You would think this is going to be a hooray hashtag Women in STEM story but unfortunately, it's a sad state of education story.

After I bought the tickets, she says to me, now who was this guy? Was he like a Nazi scientist or something?

My jaw hit the floor. Not so much that she didn't know who he was - at least she's going to attend the movie and find out, but the fact that she didn't even know whose side he was on. She does know that we stole some scientists from the Nazis but that is more space program related.

I spent a ton of dough on private girls school in Australia and on out of state tuition at the West Point of the South. I can't believe that they didn't cover the development of The Bomb in either of those settings.

Maybe it's just accepted these days that "Nukes are Bad M'Kay" and they don't even discuss the Manhattan Project in history class.

It's been a long time since I took American History in HS, or US Military History in college but I just can't believe that kids these days would not even know the particulars about how we won the War in the Pacific. Since the Pacific Theater affected Australia the most, you'd think that they would teach schoolchildren that their bacon was saved by The Yanks and their A-Bombs. Also by Yanks like my Grandfather who went to Brisbane before participating in amphibious assaults in New Guinea and The Philippines.

So I asked her why did she want to see a 3 hour long movie (runtime 180 minutes with $22 tickets) if she didn't even know who the guy was. She said she heard it was a good movie.

I sure hope it is a good movie, we'll see.

So my question for the parents out there is - What do your kids know about Robert Oppenheimer, The Manhattan Project, WWII in the Pacific?

Is this just an isolated incident or, are we in the midst of an American History Pandemic?

Politics because - our kids should being taught this at the HS and/or College level.

I forgot to mention that I am also shocked that the fake private girl's school in Australia didn't teach the development ...by America...of the hydrogen bomb.  I am sure that when he sent his moron daughter 30 hours away to her fake school he assumed they would focus on this extremely important part of "politics"

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 20, 2023, 03:42:38 AM »
OP was living in Australia at the time

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 20, 2023, 06:15:13 AM »
He jokes with his friends, calling his daughter’s education “the blunder from down under” (except he doesn’t call it that bc he’s not that clever)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 21, 2023, 11:41:52 AM »
7, the gems from this might be an all-timer
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1682385443793281024

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 21, 2023, 11:48:09 AM »
Holy crap

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 21, 2023, 11:49:08 AM »
Rapier1088:49a
Sounds like the faculty forced her out because they want that commie to run the journalism department and now are out for blood.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 21, 2023, 11:50:36 AM »
Shagga8:55a
Race hustlers claim another victim.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 21, 2023, 11:55:55 AM »
Brittmoore Car Club10:05a
Until we hire someone ideologically inline with James Woods or Matt Walsh, not another f-ing dime.

I'd settle for someone along the lines of Thomas Sowell, but I'd prefer someone with that dawg in em.
1 edit7

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 21, 2023, 12:43:27 PM »
Reading about this situation made me aware of this group of magas who apparently hold heavy sway with the aggy administration. They've only been around for three years.
https://www.therudderassociation.org/
https://www.thebatt.com/news/the-rudder-association-a-deep-dive-into-the-conservative-former-student-group-with-plans-to/article_ee9f31ec-9dae-11ec-a4cc-efe4856b436c.html

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: July 23, 2023, 09:53:09 PM »
You know things are bad in Western Societies
1,156 Views | 22 Replies
Dies Irae6:19p
When countries like China and Russia are absolutely lapping us in the fight against the demonic LGBTQ agenda.

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1683240897117560833

PlaneCrashGuy6:29p
About 40% of the time it takes care of itself.

AggieVictor106:47p
We're only one election away from getting to do that here.

Daddy7:01p
If the Marxist took over the United States like they want to the first people will go to are the unemployed who have no job skills the ******ed and the gays

They need the strongest to row the boats for everybody the rest are worthless to them and a cost.

It's always been the Christians who have stood up for the mentally ill the special needs the babies born with defects they ******ed and they have chosen to care for them and love them push for financing

TheBonifaceOption7:15p
If western culture is about homosexuality and sterilizing children, I'm done supporting western civ.

Kvetch7:37p
In reply to TA-OP
TA-OP said:
A good portions of y'all need to take a long hard look at what America is supposed to be. Criminalizing those you don't agree with, whether conservative or liberal, is not something any of us should desire. In before but it's (D)ifferent.

Show me in the constitution where adopting a kid is a right. You don't think we can have standards as to who should raise kids? Anyone, regardless of their actions or what they believe?

I'm pretty sure it's you that needs to look in the mirror.

C@LAg7:48p
In reply to TA-OP
TA-OP said:
A good portions of y'all need to take a long hard look at what America is supposed to be. Criminalizing those you don't agree with, whether conservative or liberal, is not something any of us should desire. In before but it's (D)ifferent.
bla bla bla.

after 4+ years of democrats shutting down conservative speech online and in the public space, leveling false charges and allegations, removing people's ability to earn a living, etc. your team can kiss our team's collective asses.

it is always funny how libs only call for decorum, consensus, cooperation when they are on the reciving end of things.
2 edits

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: July 23, 2023, 09:58:50 PM »
Will Barbie become the next Bud Light?
10,904 Views | 154 Replies
Albatross Necklace1:05p, 7/22/23
The new Barbie movie is super-woke. In it, Barbie literally fights The Patriarchy.

Since it's marketing campaign advertised a fun campy comedy instead of it's actual plot, it will still have a massive opening weekend as many tickets for Girls Night and Barbiheimer parties are already purchased. However, word of mouth will spread, and it's expected that ticket sales will drop significantly in the subsequent weekend.

But this thread isn't about box office sales, it's about products rebranding themselves as woke standard bearers.

2023 is the year of the woke boycott. Bud Light went from the top selling beer to non existent. Target sales have plummeted too.

Barbie has been THE girls doll for half a century. Will rebranding the doll as a 4th wave hyper-feminist icon affect sales? Will conservative parents encourage their daughters to embrace alternative dolls?

Or is feminism not as extreme as transgenderism? Will the parents who avoid tuck friendly swim suits not be bothered by feminist Barbie?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: July 23, 2023, 10:19:22 PM »
You know things are bad in Western Societies
1,156 Views | 22 Replies
Dies Irae6:19p
When countries like China and Russia are absolutely lapping us in the fight against the demonic LGBTQ agenda.

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1683240897117560833

PlaneCrashGuy6:29p
About 40% of the time it takes care of itself.

AggieVictor106:47p
We're only one election away from getting to do that here.

Daddy7:01p
If the Marxist took over the United States like they want to the first people will go to are the unemployed who have no job skills the ******ed and the gays

They need the strongest to row the boats for everybody the rest are worthless to them and a cost.

It's always been the Christians who have stood up for the mentally ill the special needs the babies born with defects they ******ed and they have chosen to care for them and love them push for financing

TheBonifaceOption7:15p
If western culture is about homosexuality and sterilizing children, I'm done supporting western civ.

Kvetch7:37p
In reply to TA-OP
TA-OP said:

Show me in the constitution where adopting a kid is a right. You don't think we can have standards as to who should raise kids? Anyone, regardless of their actions or what they believe?

I'm pretty sure it's you that needs to look in the mirror.

C@LAg7:48p
In reply to TA-OP
TA-OP said:
bla bla bla.

after 4+ years of democrats shutting down conservative speech online and in the public space, leveling false charges and allegations, removing people's ability to earn a living, etc. your team can kiss our team's collective asses.

it is always funny how libs only call for decorum, consensus, cooperation when they are on the reciving end of things.
2 edits

Gat dang, so much to unpack here. I don't have the stamina at the moment. Plus, it would be a useless exercise. I just want to point out that when China and Russia are "lapping us" in oppressing people, you're getting dangerously close to the truth of the matter.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: July 24, 2023, 09:28:56 AM »
Will Barbie become the next Bud Light?
10,904 Views | 154 Replies
Albatross Necklace1:05p, 7/22/23
The new Barbie movie is super-woke. In it, Barbie literally fights The Patriarchy.

Since it's marketing campaign advertised a fun campy comedy instead of it's actual plot, it will still have a massive opening weekend as many tickets for Girls Night and Barbiheimer parties are already purchased. However, word of mouth will spread, and it's expected that ticket sales will drop significantly in the subsequent weekend.

But this thread isn't about box office sales, it's about products rebranding themselves as woke standard bearers.

2023 is the year of the woke boycott. Bud Light went from the top selling beer to non existent. Target sales have plummeted too.

Barbie has been THE girls doll for half a century. Will rebranding the doll as a 4th wave hyper-feminist icon affect sales? Will conservative parents encourage their daughters to embrace alternative dolls?

Or is feminism not as extreme as transgenderism? Will the parents who avoid tuck friendly swim suits not be bothered by feminist Barbie?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: July 24, 2023, 09:36:17 AM »
Lol

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: July 24, 2023, 09:50:27 AM »
It was pretty obvious that Barbie would give maga the chance to self own but would they?

Yup.  Big time.  Old dipshits can’t un-stupid

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: July 24, 2023, 12:28:19 PM »
I saw that map yesterday, and the only thing that was truly obvious was New Mexico. What's up with Mississippi?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: July 24, 2023, 12:35:16 PM »
Most major population centers in the Barbie leaning states are blue to deep blue.

#blueanongE - never the brightest bulb in the box  :thumbsup:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: July 24, 2023, 12:42:06 PM »
Most major population centers in the Barbie leaning states are blue to deep blue.

Yeah, try that in a small town, Barbie.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: July 24, 2023, 12:46:12 PM »

Yeah, try that in a small town, Barbie.

I suppose, not really in to shitty country music, but #blueanongE has broken it all down.   :lol: