Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 140728 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #825 on: March 15, 2021, 08:07:53 AM »
Wow

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 15, 2021, 08:17:41 AM »
Telling my lord and savior to get mumped to own the libs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 15, 2021, 08:45:59 AM »
Right wing Catholic pope cope is really something.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 15, 2021, 09:11:18 AM »
Kicked out of church
1,478 Views | 34 Replies
gkaggie0811:11p, 3/14/21
I was effectively kicked out of Mass this morning. Mask mandate was lifted Wednesday, but our California bishop has decreed that masks will be enforced regardless. I knew this going in, but was hoping that our rural parish, in a county with zero active cases in almost a month, would see this more as a guideline vs a rule. My wife and I were told, at communion, that we have to wear masks. This was followed by a text message from our deacon, who happens to be my Godfather, that ushers will be ordered to bar us from entry next week if we don't wear masks.

I am a devout Catholic, but I am beyond pissed. I understand that my Godfather has vowed to be obedient to the Bishop, but this farce has gone on long enough.

I informed our deacon that I go to Church for my spiritual health, and to a doctor for my physical health. I don't look to the Bishop of Ft Worth when I need medical treatment. And that I will not attend again until masks are gone.

It's been hard enough putting up with a Pope that is quasi Marxist, I will not tolerate a totalitarian Bishop. I plan to speak to the Bishop, or whatever underling that won't forward the call up, and express my sincere disappointment in the Vatican's decision to appoint Michael Olsen as Bishop of Ft Worth

so i guess the deacon/godfather was the combination shampoo and conditioner bottle, and then the bishop was probably the bottle of body wash

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 15, 2021, 12:01:01 PM »
So he got kicked out or he made a fake post title....

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 15, 2021, 12:06:51 PM »
Kicked out of church
1,478 Views | 34 Replies
gkaggie0811:11p, 3/14/21
I was effectively kicked out of Mass this morning. Mask mandate was lifted Wednesday, but our California bishop has decreed that masks will be enforced regardless. I knew this going in, but was hoping that our rural parish, in a county with zero active cases in almost a month, would see this more as a guideline vs a rule. My wife and I were told, at communion, that we have to wear masks. This was followed by a text message from our deacon, who happens to be my Godfather, that ushers will be ordered to bar us from entry next week if we don't wear masks.

I am a devout Catholic, but I am beyond pissed. I understand that my Godfather has vowed to be obedient to the Bishop, but this farce has gone on long enough.

I informed our deacon that I go to Church for my spiritual health, and to a doctor for my physical health. I don't look to the Bishop of Ft Worth when I need medical treatment. And that I will not attend again until masks are gone.

It's been hard enough putting up with a [/b]Pope that is quasi Marxist,[/b] I will not tolerate a totalitarian Bishop. I plan to speak to the Bishop, or whatever underling that won't forward the call up, and express my sincere disappointment in the Vatican's decision to appoint Michael Olsen as Bishop of Ft Worth

I would love to see his dissertation on this. Everything about this. Need more on this.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 15, 2021, 12:28:29 PM »
How hard does that bishop laugh when this cuck calls him to complain?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 15, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »
How hard does that bishop laugh when this cuck calls him to complain?

I don't know that he finds it funny as it's probably the 1,000th one he's had

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 15, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »
So he got kicked out or he made a fake post title....

because i'm an optimist and i want to believe there is a kernel of truth to things people say, my guess is it went down something like this:

gkaggie: <feelin froggy, decides he doesn't want to wear his mask into church. before getting out of the car, asks himself "is it worth having to walk all the way back to the car to get it? nah. so puts his mask in his pocket, walks toward church unmasked>

someone affiliated with church: excuse me sir, you still have to wear a mask inside

gk: ugh, seriously?

someone: yes

gk: ugh, fiiiine

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 15, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
I, a devout Catholic, have had enough of taking orders from the pope and bishops.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:05 PM »
I, a devout Catholic, have had enough of taking orders from the pope and bishops.

lmfao

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 15, 2021, 12:41:06 PM »
What would Jesus do?  Not take orders from popes and bishops, that's what.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 15, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »

He's also clearly pissed off the poor get hand outs with his quasi-marxist comment. Like I said, I love, love to hear his rationale on why he said that on so, so many levels.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 15, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »
It’s the pinnacle of lack of self awareness for a catholic MAGA to call the pope a Marxist as if he’s lost his way and needs to guide the church back to effing over the poor.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 15, 2021, 01:38:44 PM »
It’s the pinnacle of lack of self awareness for a catholic MAGA to call the pope a Marxist as if he’s lost his way and needs to guide the church back to effing over the poor.

I could point to lots more pinnacle maga things but yea, this one is pretty maga

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 16, 2021, 11:31:04 AM »

That is one of them, but also even insinuating the Pope is a atheist is another one. Or even forgetting that 2 pope's ago John Paul II was a big reason for the fall of communism in Poland, and it's not like Francis takes a radically different position on that.

I think it's been stated before but if Jesus was alive today I'm sure the same MAGA would lose their ess over Marxist Jesus, what with his flipping over tax collectors tables, telling people the rich having a harder time getting into heaven than a camel does walking through through the eye of a needle, and loving foreigners.

The whole take is amazing.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 16, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »
Yes you can bet your entire ass that without a hint of irony the MAGAs would be saying “I do think he probably is the son of God. I just think there are some family issues there. Daddy can’t be too proud seeing his son hating on the godfearing rich for no reason.”

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 16, 2021, 02:56:03 PM »
Yes you can bet your entire ass that without a hint of irony the MAGAs would be saying “I do think he probably is the son of God. I just think there are some family issues there. Daddy can’t be too proud seeing his son hating on the godfearing rich for no reason.”

Really (and while not originally starting with them but definitely amplified) it goes to back to the mega-church, prosperity gospel TV preachers. Plenty of people IMO can be Christian and not at all maga, but it does not surprise me at all that any prosperity gospel adherents would have any issue with magaism at all.

And more back on topic with Catholics, there have definitely been some Catholic churches I've been to that on the time, talent, treasure spectrum lean heavy on the treasure part, and the history of the Church doesn't seem to avoid that much either.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 17, 2021, 02:19:05 PM »

Really (and while not originally starting with them but definitely amplified) it goes to back to the mega-church, prosperity gospel TV preachers. Plenty of people IMO can be Christian and not at all maga, but it does not surprise me at all that any prosperity gospel adherents would have any issue with magaism at all.

And more back on topic with Catholics, there have definitely been some Catholic churches I've been to that on the time, talent, treasure spectrum lean heavy on the treasure part, and the history of the Church doesn't seem to avoid that much either.

I went to a catholic church service with an ex gf one time and was amazed at how much they mentioned giving money to the church etc. Granted they had just split a parish(?) and were meeting in a school gym while they built the new church but still it rubbed me the wrong way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 17, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »
I’ve got some bad news for you about 99.9% of organized religions.....

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 17, 2021, 03:36:29 PM »

I went to a catholic church service with an ex gf one time and was amazed at how much they mentioned giving money to the church etc. Granted they had just split a parish(?) and were meeting in a school gym while they built the new church but still it rubbed me the wrong way.

I went to a Methodist church that was basically pulling the same crap.

There was a new, fancy community church built on the edge of town.  Great big rough rider.  So, in needing to keep up with the Joneses, my church decided to take up a stewardship campaign to build a new big beautiful sanctuary.  Every damn week, the pastor would take at least 10-15 minutes talking about how people needed to sacrifice to build "beyond these walls!" And they would hand out fancy envelopes and even send people to call your house to try to drum up more money.

One dude even sold his Mustang to donate the proceeds to this.  It made me kinda sick to my stomach.

So, I quit going.  They apparently got enough money because they built that sanctuary.  But the new church on the edge of town is still nicer.

Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »
I’ve got some bad news for you about 99.9% of organized religions.....

I've been to Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist services, and yes, grew up on Catholic Mass, I get it's all under the giant umbrella of Christianity, but the heathen protestants don't ever hit you up for cash like the Catholics do. I mean it was literally a 10% tithe back in the day, that sort of expectation to tithe is very baked in unlike any other service/religious sect I've seen (televangelists aside). That doesn't mean all are like that, the small town Catholic masses I've been to, or when I would occasionally go to St. Isadore cause hey, every student is poor, were more the speed I was used to, go to bigger Catholic churches, or some masses in some cities I've been to, boy, do they lean heavy into it.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »

I went to a Methodist church that was basically pulling the same crap.

There was a new, fancy community church built on the edge of town.  Great big rough rider.  So, in needing to keep up with the Joneses, my church decided to take up a stewardship campaign to build a new big beautiful sanctuary.  Every damn week, the pastor would take at least 10-15 minutes talking about how people needed to sacrifice to build "beyond these walls!" And they would hand out fancy envelopes and even send people to call your house to try to drum up more money.

One dude even sold his Mustang to donate the proceeds to this.  It made me kinda sick to my stomach.

So, I quit going.  They apparently got enough money because they built that sanctuary.  But the new church on the edge of town is still nicer.

Both benji's and jobu's stories I have seen those situations (though admittedly not a Methodist hit ya up for cash). I totally get it, it makes you feel very oily.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 17, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
i hope there is a thread breaking down the tactical advantages of backing into parking spaces at QT

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 18, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »
i hope there is a thread breaking down the tactical advantages of backing into parking spaces at QT

Would that go in the politics folder, or just general discussion?