Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 463641 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #3550 on: January 08, 2021, 11:06:42 AM »
Purp, what are your suggestions for placating the maga mob?

Stop taking all their guns.

Judging by purps posts, step one seems to be absolving trump of any blame for his actions
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:22 AM »
Look, I get this place is mostly a lib circle jerk where you just kind of hang out and make fun of dax while blaming everything on Trump. But some of you are a little too close to believing the drivel that you're putting on here, and you don't have the accurate pulse on the country that you think you do.

i am open to being enlightened

i welcome genuine discussion of issues and policy

Dax used to be capable of that but Trump has broken him

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: January 08, 2021, 11:25:35 AM »
Look, I get this place is mostly a lib circle jerk where you just kind of hang out and make fun of dax while blaming everything on Trump. But some of you are a little too close to believing the drivel that you're putting on here, and you don't have the accurate pulse on the country that you think you do.

i am open to being enlightened

i welcome genuine discussion of issues and policy

Dax used to be capable of that but Trump has broken him

same. sorry I insinuated some of the rioters this week may have had some racist motiviations

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 08, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
The first and most important thing that has to be done is securing election integrity. Right now almost 7 out of 10 Republicans believe that this last election was fraudulent. Compare that to 1 in 3 Independents and only 17% of Democrats. Altogether, those are alarming numbers. It balances out to around 2 of every 5 voters do not believe the reported results of the election reflect the actual votes submitted. That lack of confidence is flat out unsustainable. It'll break this country, as we're starting to see.

Trump absolutely fed on these fears of election integrity. The 2016 election, Dems constant claims of foreign interference, and the 2020 election did nothing but exacerbate these feelings. If we had a uniform system across the states, that all but guaranteed each person who voted was eligible to vote, and they could check to make sure their vote was submitted and verified, then you don't have the opportunity for what happened on Wednesday. If we actually had a secure and accurate voting system, then within a day or two of a general election, we know who won, and the general populace would simply accept it. Trump's attempt to claim election interference would fall on deaf ears, and all the congressmen who were grandstanding for weeks prior to, claiming January 6th was going to be the day of reckoning (when it never stood a chance based on political allegiance and numbers) would have been seen as buffoons.

Instead though, we've got videos of people pulling suitcases out from underneath tables, ballot dumps at 4am, election supervisors/representatives being ran out of rooms, windows being blocked and boarded up, voting systems connected to the internet suffering glitches and mail in ballots that had a ridiculous number of errors and issues. We've got people getting ballots that don't belong to them, people that have been told they voted multiple times, people that showed up to the polls and being told they already voted when they didn't. We've got guys like Steven Crowder driving around with Nevada voter registries going to addresses listed and showing they're vacant lots. There's no voter IDs at many polling places to verify that the person showing up is even who they claim to be. We've got people who've gone under oath and made sworn statements that allege all kinds of things. No signature verification, no ability or willpower to audit things and on and on and on.

Now, maybe the results of this last election change if those issues are remedied, and maybe they don't. I honestly don't know and neither do any of you. It's ridiculous to pretend otherwise and that's a large part of the problem. States like Georgia should be able to recount, reverify, or do whatever at-will to satisfy any concerns, and the results should be repeatable every time. Nobody questions the results of any standardized test that we take in school on a scantron card, but we have all this mystery and clout around electing the highest officials to office in our country. It's ridiculous.

What I do know for certain is the fiasco on January 6th flat out doesn't happen, regardless of the outcome, if people truly believed in our elections.

So step one for calming the mob, prove that you can hold an open and honest election.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:46 PM »
The first and most important thing that has to be done is securing election integrity. Right now almost 7 out of 10 Republicans believe that this last election was fraudulent. Compare that to 1 in 3 Independents and only 17% of Democrats. Altogether, those are alarming numbers. It balances out to around 2 of every 5 voters do not believe the reported results of the election reflect the actual votes submitted. That lack of confidence is flat out unsustainable. It'll break this country, as we're starting to see.

Trump absolutely fed on these fears of election integrity. The 2016 election, Dems constant claims of foreign interference, and the 2020 election did nothing but exacerbate these feelings. If we had a uniform system across the states, that all but guaranteed each person who voted was eligible to vote, and they could check to make sure their vote was submitted and verified, then you don't have the opportunity for what happened on Wednesday. If we actually had a secure and accurate voting system, then within a day or two of a general election, we know who won, and the general populace would simply accept it. Trump's attempt to claim election interference would fall on deaf ears, and all the congressmen who were grandstanding for weeks prior to, claiming January 6th was going to be the day of reckoning (when it never stood a chance based on political allegiance and numbers) would have been seen as buffoons.

Instead though, we've got videos of people pulling suitcases out from underneath tables, ballot dumps at 4am, election supervisors/representatives being ran out of rooms, windows being blocked and boarded up, voting systems connected to the internet suffering glitches and mail in ballots that had a ridiculous number of errors and issues. We've got people getting ballots that don't belong to them, people that have been told they voted multiple times, people that showed up to the polls and being told they already voted when they didn't. We've got guys like Steven Crowder driving around with Nevada voter registries going to addresses listed and showing they're vacant lots. There's no voter IDs at many polling places to verify that the person showing up is even who they claim to be. We've got people who've gone under oath and made sworn statements that allege all kinds of things. No signature verification, no ability or willpower to audit things and on and on and on.

Now, maybe the results of this last election change if those issues are remedied, and maybe they don't. I honestly don't know and neither do any of you. It's ridiculous to pretend otherwise and that's a large part of the problem. States like Georgia should be able to recount, reverify, or do whatever at-will to satisfy any concerns, and the results should be repeatable every time. Nobody questions the results of any standardized test that we take in school on a scantron card, but we have all this mystery and clout around electing the highest officials to office in our country. It's ridiculous.

What I do know for certain is the fiasco on January 6th flat out doesn't happen, regardless of the outcome, if people truly believed in our elections.

So step one for calming the mob, prove that you can hold an open and honest election.

Haven't all the elections under dispute been audited and certified by the states, which is what the system is set up to do? If that is a problem, what did MAGA's do to change any of that over the last four years?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: January 08, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »
so you would be in favor of minimizing states rights then???

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 08, 2021, 12:26:54 PM »
Demands of proving a negative to keep the "question" alive forever.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 08, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised by the 17% Democrat number.  Even that in itself seems borderline unsustainable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 08, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised by the 17% Democrat number.  Even that in itself seems borderline unsustainable.

I'm not sure that's accurate but I also don't know the source.

Found this, but "inaccurate" doesn't necessarily mean "fraudulent".

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944385798/poll-just-a-quarter-of-republicans-accept-election-outcome

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 08, 2021, 12:37:01 PM »

There were over 60 court cases where people had opportunities to present evidence about all of this. They all got dismissed for either having no basis in fact, non-credible witnesses, or being brought by people who had no interest in the issues they complained about.

Trump convened a voter fraud commission that uncovered absolutely no evidence of systemic fraud in the 2016 election.

Trump appointed a head of the DOJ who said there was absolutely no evidence of systematic fraud in the 2020 election.

All 50 states independently audited and certified their votes (like they always do).

If you think anything more could have possibly been done to give the MAGAQs faith in the integrity of the election (other than their guy winning) then you are more delusional than they are.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 08, 2021, 12:40:05 PM »

:lol:

The fiasco happened because those people were convinced to, among many lol things, not believe in one part of the 2020 general election.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 08, 2021, 12:40:56 PM »

I'm not sure that's accurate but I also don't know the source.

Found this, but "inaccurate" doesn't necessarily mean "fraudulent".

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944385798/poll-just-a-quarter-of-republicans-accept-election-outcome

This seems more in line with what I would guess/expect.  I would also expect that at some point in early 2017, the numbers were essentially flipped.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 08, 2021, 12:41:08 PM »
If 75% of Republicans believe the Easter Bunny is actually a deranged serial killer, is it incumbent on Democrats and Independents to finally rid our country of that meddlesome hare?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 08, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »

:lol:

The fiasco happened because those people were convinced to, among many lol things, not believe in one part of the 2020 general election.
Yes, I believe a MAGA Texas congressman objected to seating representatives because it didn’t make sense to object to the presidential votes but not other votes. His proposal was laughed out of the chamber by other people objecting to the presidential results.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 08, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »
My biggest takeaway from all of this is that federal dollars really need to be spent to destigmatize and provide access to mental health services. It also might really be time to get rid of social media. These are mostly fully functional people who really need to get help.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 08, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
My biggest takeaway from all of this is that federal dollars really need to be spent to destigmatize and provide access to mental health services. It also might really be time to get rid of social media. These are mostly fully functional people who really need to get help.

Agree with the social media thing.  Federal dollars have been getting pumped to mental health organizations all over rural America.  The problem is many don't know the $$ is there so they do not apply for it, and others just have no idea how to use it. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 08, 2021, 12:49:45 PM »
The destigmatizing is probably the more important piece of it.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 08, 2021, 12:52:40 PM »
The fraudulent election boogieman problem exists solely because Trump is a demagogue and the Republican party let him run roughshod all over their party for four years because they are primarily composed of power-hungry cowards that acquiesced to everything he asked until they finally had an out. Trump started sowing uncertainty in our election system before he was even elected president. To suggest otherwise is incorrect.

Our guy MetalHead had a really great tweet about this very subject back in November:

https://twitter.com/BradyLikesBeer/status/1324711380793102337

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
The hubris in this statement is ridiculous. You absolutely do not know that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 08, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: January 08, 2021, 01:07:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/dlippman/status/1347612365093826565?s=20

Obviously these people are insane, but I really do enjoy people calling out politicians in public.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 08, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
If it were ProgFascists calling out Graham for being McCain Jr. 

ProgFascist.7 would be fist pumping his ass off. 

Welp, maybe not, ProgFascists are now the party of McCain and Cheney and perpetual war. 

NVM

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 08, 2021, 01:18:47 PM »
Did you even read my post you old fool?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 08, 2021, 01:30:17 PM »
Republican party let him run roughshod all over their party for four years

oh crap, I literally just posted trump running roughshod over the GOP for the next 4 years in another thread.  :D

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: January 08, 2021, 01:31:17 PM »
Republican party let him run roughshod all over their party for four years

oh crap, I literally just posted trump running roughshod over the GOP for the next 4 years in another thread.  :D
:cheers: