Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 464052 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #3525 on: January 08, 2021, 08:09:08 AM »
I take it Dax deleted his meltdown?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:46 AM »
That's a yes.
Yeah, could have saved some time and effort and just posted “yes”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have asked except he mentioned 2016 in his post. Apparently 2020 is irrelevant though.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: January 08, 2021, 08:48:52 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: January 08, 2021, 09:01:25 AM »
Previuosly I just looked at these people as just stupid hillbillies but after yesterday if you are flying a MAGA flag or wearing gear in my eyes you are a domestic terrorist and will be treated as such.

How do you treat domestic terrorists?

I start by not considering them domestic terrorists, they're just terrorists. The definition of terrorist does not mention anything about country of origin, nationality, or foreigners. That being said Trump flags should be treated the same way as Jihadist flags, and confederate battle flags were treated during the civil war.

Even after yesterday social media is filled with people threatening violence on other American citizens.

Do you actually want a second civil war? Because labeling anyone with a Trump flag/shirt/hat a terrorist is exactly how you get a second civil war.

Use your freaking head and stop advocating for crap that's going to get more people killed.

Shut up about a second civil war.

Wtf are you even talking about?

a bunch of incels cosplaying does not make a civil war

I'm talking about making political moves that only further antagonize a very large group of people that are more and more often believing that violence is becoming their last option. Calling them incels and overweight and laughing at them does nothing to resolve the increasingly tense situations. It only further proves that you don't understand what's going on, and are severely underestimating their abilities.

There are clips still on YouTube where barely over 4 years ago people were laughing at the idea of Trump becoming president. Even after what we've seen the last 4 years, most of you thought 4 days ago it was ludicrous to believe protestors could storm the capital building. Now, this group still thinks it's about a few obese, unorganized people clamoring for their leader to tell them what conspiracy to believe next.

Quote from: MakeItRain
How so? Are y'all going to do even more abhorrent crap because someone takes offense to you feeling the need to fly the flag of a president who lost the election. Those flags and hats will forever be a symbol of what happened yesterday and everything that led up to it. You're not flying that flag to make a statement about fiscal policy under trump that you fell in love with, it's the mark of terror. Don't be pissed at me, I didn't do it, your homeboys did.

Even piece of crap Betsy DeVos has disavowed trump and MAGA, if that's too much for you, if you gotta fly that flag, wear the hat, be enough of a big boy to own what you're doing it for.

Go eff yourself. I didn't vote to put this guy in office in 2016 and you'd be well served to stop grouping everyone who disagrees with you as a MAGA or Trumper or whatever. However, to answer your question, yes, it could worse, a lot worse.

Trump is the result of the feelings of tens of millions of people in this country, not the cause of it. If you don't understand this, then you don't understand how the march on the capital ended up like it did.

But hey, if you think it's all going to settle down and go away once Joe Biden gets sworn in and the Dems start doing whatever they want, then by all means, walk forward blindly.

I think there's a lot of truth to this. But at the same time, it's difficult to meet someone in the middle and/or appease someone when they aren't accepting reality and their grievances aside from the election results are at the very least racist-adjacent. I mean it's looking like there's not going to be any real consequences for anyone at all (other than the guy who killed the cop and the lady who got shot), but how can a rational person see someone in a MAGA hat and not think there's a good chance they're a little crazy and dangerous? I'm open to ideas.

I also wonder if people saying "we need to understand the gentlemen who stormed the capitol with people inside" feel the same way about BLM protestors?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: January 08, 2021, 09:08:56 AM »
That's a yes.
Yeah, could have saved some time and effort and just posted “yes”

I wouldn't have asked except he mentioned 2016 in his post. Apparently 2020 is irrelevant though.

I mentioned 2016 because Trump didn't win his re-election bid. I intentionally avoided the question because I'm trying to get you to see the point I'm making, and it's still not sinking in.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: January 08, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
Instead of saying yes have you considered lying and saying no? Could also get you out of this jam. Follow for more ideas like this.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: January 08, 2021, 09:24:34 AM »
Previuosly I just looked at these people as just stupid hillbillies but after yesterday if you are flying a MAGA flag or wearing gear in my eyes you are a domestic terrorist and will be treated as such.

How do you treat domestic terrorists?

I start by not considering them domestic terrorists, they're just terrorists. The definition of terrorist does not mention anything about country of origin, nationality, or foreigners. That being said Trump flags should be treated the same way as Jihadist flags, and confederate battle flags were treated during the civil war.

Even after yesterday social media is filled with people threatening violence on other American citizens.

Do you actually want a second civil war? Because labeling anyone with a Trump flag/shirt/hat a terrorist is exactly how you get a second civil war.

Use your freaking head and stop advocating for crap that's going to get more people killed.

Shut up about a second civil war.

Wtf are you even talking about?

a bunch of incels cosplaying does not make a civil war

I'm talking about making political moves that only further antagonize a very large group of people that are more and more often believing that violence is becoming their last option. Calling them incels and overweight and laughing at them does nothing to resolve the increasingly tense situations. It only further proves that you don't understand what's going on, and are severely underestimating their abilities.

There are clips still on YouTube where barely over 4 years ago people were laughing at the idea of Trump becoming president. Even after what we've seen the last 4 years, most of you thought 4 days ago it was ludicrous to believe protestors could storm the capital building. Now, this group still thinks it's about a few obese, unorganized people clamoring for their leader to tell them what conspiracy to believe next.

Quote from: MakeItRain
How so? Are y'all going to do even more abhorrent crap because someone takes offense to you feeling the need to fly the flag of a president who lost the election. Those flags and hats will forever be a symbol of what happened yesterday and everything that led up to it. You're not flying that flag to make a statement about fiscal policy under trump that you fell in love with, it's the mark of terror. Don't be pissed at me, I didn't do it, your homeboys did.

Even piece of crap Betsy DeVos has disavowed trump and MAGA, if that's too much for you, if you gotta fly that flag, wear the hat, be enough of a big boy to own what you're doing it for.

Go eff yourself. I didn't vote to put this guy in office in 2016 and you'd be well served to stop grouping everyone who disagrees with you as a MAGA or Trumper or whatever. However, to answer your question, yes, it could worse, a lot worse.

Trump is the result of the feelings of tens of millions of people in this country, not the cause of it. If you don't understand this, then you don't understand how the march on the capital ended up like it did.

But hey, if you think it's all going to settle down and go away once Joe Biden gets sworn in and the Dems start doing whatever they want, then by all means, walk forward blindly.

I think there's a lot of truth to this. But at the same time, it's difficult to meet someone in the middle and/or appease someone when they aren't accepting reality and their grievances aside from the election results are at the very least racist-adjacent. I mean it's looking like there's not going to be any real consequences for anyone at all (other than the guy who killed the cop and the lady who got shot), but how can a rational person see someone in a MAGA hat and not think there's a good chance they're a little crazy and dangerous? I'm open to ideas.

I also wonder if people saying "we need to understand the gentlemen who stormed the capitol with people inside" feel the same way about BLM protestors?

Racist-adjacent???
What does race have to do with shutting the country down putting millions out of work, and then throwing just a measly $600 their way while giving billions to foreign countries?
What does race have to do with egging on the violence for months prior to, but then Congress crying when it literally comes to our capitals doorsteps?
What does race have to do with putting people on lockdown and restrictions, and then breaking your own rules but blaming the basic citizenry when you get caught?
What does race have to do with Congress giving itself pay raises while the rest of the country suffers?
What does race have to do with drafting a 5000 page spending bill that's loaded with bullshit but labeled as a "relief" bill to the people?
What does race have to do with crying about foreign interference for years from the 2016 election, but then claiming 2020's was the most secure?

I can sit here and do this for days. Racism is an issue in this country but it's far from what is driving this. There are people, today, right now, thinking that what happened on Wednesday is their version of the Boston Tea Party. Ignoring this is to ignore a giant red flag that more violent acts against the government or its people are possible. If you don't want this, like I don't want this, then it's time to stop throwing labels and making jokes, and instead start taking these matters seriously.

To your final point about BLM, I sure hope so. It's necessary to fully understand the problems when people feel aggrieved if you're going to have any hopes of alleviating them. You don't have to agree with their position, but you do have to understand where they're coming from if you're going to: 1. Help them out 2. Change their minds 3. Properly refute their claims.

Laughing, ignoring, or failing to placate in scenarios like this is not a successful strategy.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: January 08, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »
Instead of saying yes have you considered lying and saying no? Could also get you out of this jam. Follow for more ideas like this.

I don't lie, even on the internet in a place like this where it wouldn't even matter.

My vote in 2020 is insignificant. It neither supports nor detracts from any of the points I'm making. The knowledge of whom I or you or anyone else voted for shouldn't matter in any of these discussions. If you're sitting there, reading this going, "Well then just answer the question" then you're missing the entire point of me not answering in the first place. Attempting to group people into large factions of 1's and 0's, red vs blue, my side vs the opposition, etc is a large part of how we've ended up with terrible leaders and an angry citizenry.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3533 on: January 08, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
That and voting them into office.  That's a big factor too.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 08, 2021, 09:39:06 AM »
We could simply divorce.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: January 08, 2021, 09:42:04 AM »
Again, who you voted for is only relevant because you brought it up (in an obvious attempt to distance yourself from trump).

I do wonder, do you place any responsibility on trump for what happened on the 6th? Those weren't people storming the capitol because they were mad about the ridiculous covid response from the federal government.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: January 08, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »
And tbh, it's an interesting question to me about how I'd feel if the driving force actually was congress' (and trump's) complete failure with covid relief.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 08, 2021, 09:53:29 AM »
I am starting to doubt the operational capacity of these "patriots" in a "civil war" given that more of the insurrectionists died from over exertion and heart attacks than violence during their failed coup attempt.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:21:22 AM by LickNeckey »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: January 08, 2021, 10:20:01 AM »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »
Again, who you voted for is only relevant because you brought it up (in an obvious attempt to distance yourself from trump).

I do wonder, do you place any responsibility on trump for what happened on the 6th? Those weren't people storming the capitol because they were mad about the ridiculous covid response from the federal government.

I didn't bring it up. MIR did in his response to me, so I corrected him in stating that I did not put Trump into the office. Go back and try reading comprehension again.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:26 AM »
holy fuk that's gross

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:09 AM »
PurpleOil, congrats on voting for the guy who tried to overthrow the government.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »
Man, purple oil can’t quit talking about who he voted for. Really something to smdh my damn head about.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: January 08, 2021, 10:33:20 AM »
And tbh, it's an interesting question to me about how I'd feel if the driving force actually was congress' (and trump's) complete failure with covid relief.
I wasn’t necessarily thinking of the relief angle, but what is crazy is you could make a pretty strong case that Trump’s refusal to put effort into controlling coronavirus legitimately could have resulted in 100k or more needless deaths. That seems just as bad as anything he’s done and I hope that gets added to the impeachment articles.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 08, 2021, 10:37:23 AM »
Racist-adjacent???
What does race have to do with shutting the country down putting millions out of work, and then throwing just a measly $600 their way while giving billions to foreign countries?
What does race have to do with egging on the violence for months prior to, but then Congress crying when it literally comes to our capitals doorsteps?
What does race have to do with putting people on lockdown and restrictions, and then breaking your own rules but blaming the basic citizenry when you get caught?
What does race have to do with Congress giving itself pay raises while the rest of the country suffers?
What does race have to do with drafting a 5000 page spending bill that's loaded with bullshit but labeled as a "relief" bill to the people?
What does race have to do with crying about foreign interference for years from the 2016 election, but then claiming 2020's was the most secure?

Trump was responsible for pretty much all of that stuff! The people who broke into the capitol weren't mad about that.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 08, 2021, 10:38:51 AM »
Racist-adjacent???

Trump was responsible for pretty much all of that stuff! The people who broke into the capitol weren't mad about that.

Seems like you are pretty angry with a Republican administration and their policies...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 08, 2021, 10:49:40 AM »
People really do not understand what an omnibus spending bill is. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:01:09 AM by Institutional Control »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 08, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »
Look, I get this place is mostly a lib circle jerk where you just kind of hang out and make fun of dax while blaming everything on Trump. But some of you are a little too close to believing the drivel that you're putting on here, and you don't have the accurate pulse on the country that you think you do.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 08, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
Purp, what are your suggestions for placating the maga mob?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 08, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
Purp, what are your suggestions for placating the maga mob?

Stop taking all their guns.