Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76214 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
Everyone except Donald Trump opposed the wall before the primary.
"The Wall" is 100% about Donald Trump, so that's not surprising.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »
I never realized how many government workers live paycheck to paycheck until I started seeing all the articles lamenting how federal workers living paycheck to paycheck are being hurt by the shutdown. It never seems to occur to any of them, or the writers, to build up some savings. Or get a different job. Something in the private sector that creates value.

These seem to be the only people impacted by the shutdown. Not the folks who need services, but the folks with a hand in our pockets.

Trumpmshould just exercise his prerogative as head of the executive branch to make at least some of this shutdown permanent.

The role of the Executive is to enforce the laws. The eff you talking about? Don't make me dig up your posts complaining about Obama's executive overreach.

Federal agencies are not part of the executive branch? You’re like, a lawyer, right?  :users:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
Well, let's be honest, that's not why the Dems are opposing the wall. I'm happy that it makes you feel good about yourself, though.

dems are a big tent party and within that tent are varied reasons for opposing trump's wall.  my reason is that a border wall indicates a failed relationship between two nations.  the united states and mexico do not have a failed relationship and the desire to build a wall between those two countries is the wish to make concrete a desire to alienate the two countries.  it can be understood only as an insult (ergo the threat to have mexico pay for it).

i'll take dems opposing the wall for whatever idiotic reasons they have, but i'm glad there is a democratic politician willing to articulate my position.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »
i shouldn't say "idiotic".  some of them are fair to good reasons.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2019, 09:59:00 PM »
Well, let's be honest, that's not why the Dems are opposing the wall. I'm happy that it makes you feel good about yourself, though.

dems are a big tent party and within that tent are varied reasons for opposing trump's wall.  my reason is that a border wall indicates a failed relationship between two nations.  the united states and mexico do not have a failed relationship and the desire to build a wall between those two countries is the wish to make concrete a desire to alienate the two countries.  it can be understood only as an insult (ergo the threat to have mexico pay for it).

i'll take dems opposing the wall for whatever idiotic reasons they have, but i'm glad there is a democratic politician willing to articulate my position.

Signs of a good relationship: when hundreds of thousands of your citizens are illegally crossing into your neighboring country. And when thousands more from other countries are passing illegally though yours to get to your neighbor, and you don’t try to stop them. Yes, the reason we shouldn’t build a wall is that “a wall would symbolize a failed relationship.” Good points.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2019, 10:03:20 PM »
i dont have a failed relationship with field mice in the field behind my house but i dont like them coming      inside in the winter, crapping all over the place, dropping anchor babies and mooching up all the trappings of being a resident of my address either.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
our incoherent immigration policy is not a failed relationship.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2019, 10:08:05 PM »
If i find a field mouse on the wrong side of the border, I kill him, zero tolerance and it sends the right message to his buds.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2019, 10:13:09 PM »
our incoherent immigration policy is not a failed relationship.

Our immigration policy seems pretty coherent to me. We decide whether to let you enter or not. Like any sovereign nation. Are you saying that Mexico and it’s citizens don’t realize they’re breaking the law? I’m pretty sure we’ve even posted lots of signage down there in Spanish.

Or are you saying we’re to blame for illegal immigration because we should just make it all legal? Hey Sys, if someone breaks into your house to steal your crap or take up residence in the kitchen, the real problem is you trying to keep them out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2019, 10:18:22 PM »
if we actually didn't want illegal immigrants in the country we would enforce employment laws.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »
I never realized how many government workers live paycheck to paycheck until I started seeing all the articles lamenting how federal workers living paycheck to paycheck are being hurt by the shutdown. It never seems to occur to any of them, or the writers, to build up some savings. Or get a different job. Something in the private sector that creates value.

These seem to be the only people impacted by the shutdown. Not the folks who need services, but the folks with a hand in our pockets.

Trumpmshould just exercise his prerogative as head of the executive branch to make at least some of this shutdown permanent.

The role of the Executive is to enforce the laws. The eff you talking about? Don't make me dig up your posts complaining about Obama's executive overreach.

Federal agencies are not part of the executive branch? You’re like, a lawyer, right?  :users:

You didn't respond to what I said at all. How are federal agencies created, and who/what defines the scope of their mandates? What is the role of the President vis-à-vis same? Do you really believe that any agency under the Executive umbrella is a tiny fiefdom under the President's exclusive direction and control? What kind of strip-mall lawyer are you?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2019, 06:16:25 AM »
I agree with this sentiment. The contentious aspect of this is much more about ideology than actual policy.

https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/status/1082233152481959936

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2019, 06:21:22 AM »
In fact, in spite of all the talk about the need for wall/border security, I really can't remember hearing much of anything about why. Just a bunch of hysterics from pridefully ignorant white people.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2019, 06:36:26 AM »
I kind of want a tiny bit of the wall built because it’s going to be a fantastic monument to point and laugh while we remember don’s time in office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2019, 08:01:55 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2019, 08:20:06 AM »
In fact, in spite of all the talk about the need for wall/border security, I really can't remember hearing much of anything about why. Just a bunch of hysterics from pridefully ignorant white people.

Assuming the wall actually worked, and I don't believe it would have any effect on immigration anyway, the only ways I could see the wall impacting my life would be higher cost of food, higher construction costs, and reduced overall GDP, which could result in lower pay for me but probably would just result in it being slightly harder for me to get a raise or find a better job.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »

You didn't respond to what I said at all. How are federal agencies created, and who/what defines the scope of their mandates? What is the role of the President vis-à-vis same? Do you really believe that any agency under the Executive umbrella is a tiny fiefdom under the President's exclusive direction and control? What kind of strip-mall lawyer are you?

In answer to your questions, which are obvious but irrelevant: The legislature typically creates agencies. The legislature theoretically defines the scope of their mandates (though in reality, that's most typically defined by the agencies' themselves). But these agencies still fall under the executive branch and the President and his appointees maintain broad latitude over how agencies are staffed. That's what I mean when I say the President could make some of the shutdown permanent.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2019, 09:27:56 AM »
Yes, why don't these people just have more money?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »

Or work a different job. The job market is red hot. Granted, most would have to work harder than they’re accustomed to. And be more accountable.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2019, 10:44:47 AM »
When you remember that this guy celebrated his betters getting a tax cut even at the expense of his own family, everything else about him and his ideology falls easily in to place.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »

Or work a different job. The job market is red hot. Granted, most would have to work harder than they’re accustomed to. And be more accountable.

Such a weird  mindset that government jobs equal lazy worker and no accountability but private jobs equal hard worker.  Almost like anyone thinking this hasn't seen someone working in a private office ever.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
Government pay needs to be lowered/eliminated enough to drive anyone adequate into the private sector.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »
Relevant
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1081724352075304960?s=19

“Perceptions” about “wealth gap” strikes me as exactly the sort of thing liberals would find interesting and worthy of study and discussion. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:01:48 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile