Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76239 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves?
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2019, 04:35:38 PM »
Deal with the bigger immigration problem and have Trump steer away from just yammering away only about a physical wall to more of a comprehensive border solution that does include physical barriers and technology (which others have said the money would go to) and you'd have a deal in a second.

No, you wouldn’t. You are being faaaar too generous about what tightened border control Nancy’s open border zealots will accept. They will not accept any physical barriers even remotely resembling a wall. Maybe a chain link fence provided it does not exceed 6 feet in height and cannot withstand harbor freight-grade bolt cutters.

Conversely, pubs would gladly fork over fairly broad legal protections in exchange for significantly tighter border security.

For example, I’d happily grant blanket amnesty (except felons) in exchange for more physical barriers, more surveillance, more ice agents, more detention facilities and streamlined legal proceedings to end catch and release, statutory abolition of birthright citizenship (no, that isn’t “unconstitutional”) and mandatory E Verify.

Most of these are absolute non-starters for the left. Because they don’t truly want border security.

shockingly you are painting "the other side" with way too big of a negative spin and "your side" with way too big of a positive spin....

Great way to get things done.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
(where no democrat answers thread)

I mean, he's already pretty much despised by many for sucking at his job.

My answer is that I couldn't really be madder. I'm actually not even mad, though. Just over him and want someone much better. Like, if he caves, I'll be like, "yeah, that figures."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
Someone mod the spracne KSUW circle jerk to its own birthright thread

It is pretty unbearable to read for sure.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2019, 06:06:44 PM »
Deal with the bigger immigration problem and have Trump steer away from just yammering away only about a physical wall to more of a comprehensive border solution that does include physical barriers and technology (which others have said the money would go to) and you'd have a deal in a second.

No, you wouldn’t. You are being faaaar too generous about what tightened border control Nancy’s open border zealots will accept. They will not accept any physical barriers even remotely resembling a wall. Maybe a chain link fence provided it does not exceed 6 feet in height and cannot withstand harbor freight-grade bolt cutters.

Conversely, pubs would gladly fork over fairly broad legal protections in exchange for significantly tighter border security.

For example, I’d happily grant blanket amnesty (except felons) in exchange for more physical barriers, more surveillance, more ice agents, more detention facilities and streamlined legal proceedings to end catch and release, statutory abolition of birthright citizenship (no, that isn’t “unconstitutional”) and mandatory E Verify.

Most of these are absolute non-starters for the left. Because they don’t truly want border security.

shockingly you are painting "the other side" with way too big of a negative spin and "your side" with way too big of a positive spin....

Great way to get things done.

You think I’m painting my side with a positive spin? :lol: I think my side overall is nearly as bad as the Dems on immigration and actually far less competent, politically.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »

I've not seen any evidence of republicans being open to "broad legal protections".....

and tighter border security doesn't have dingus to do with a big beautiful physical wall.....tighter border security the majority of people are behind.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »

I've not seen any evidence of republicans being open to "broad legal protections".....

and tighter border security doesn't have dingus to do with a big beautiful physical wall.....tighter border security the majority of people are behind.

Please explain to me the “tighter border security” you think Dems will support.  :bwpopcorn:

As for the pubs, they have frequently offered to compromise on things like legal status for dreamers. Most recently this summer, and frequently before. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/703064002
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:36:17 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
Abolish ICE.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »
Abolish ICE.

Exactly. Brought to you by the party that would support stronger border enforcement.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
It would be easier to support border security if I could identify some ways it would make my life better.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2019, 08:23:16 AM »
These people clearly do not have lake houses in Minnesota to worry about.

https://twitter.com/jackiekcalmes/status/1081292713771847680

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2019, 08:29:29 AM »
These people clearly do not have lake houses in Minnesota to worry about.

https://twitter.com/jackiekcalmes/status/1081292713771847680

:lol: have Maxine Waters follow the money on that one.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2019, 08:50:10 AM »
Will Hurd is one of the few decent Republicans in Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2019, 08:58:17 AM »

Please explain to me the “tighter border security” you think Dems will support.  :bwpopcorn:

As for the pubs, they have frequently offered to compromise on things like legal status for dreamers. Most recently this summer, and frequently before. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/703064002

Few different examples for you here

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/27/us/politics/fast-check-donald-trump-democrats-open-borders.html

Parroting Trump's inane positions in your posts is just boring. Especially for one who claims that Trump wasn't his choice

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2019, 09:27:55 AM »
How many days has the government been on strike now 14 days?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
How many days has the government been on strike now 14 days?

I have noticed no change at all.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2019, 05:43:59 PM »
it looks like friday is a big day for the shutdown, crats may cave this week with payroll checks due to go out.  If not pressure should ramp up a notch
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
I really don't care if he gets the funding or not.

I think the idea that steel slats will slow the flow of narcotics and organized crime is laughable.

Also the idea that the new nafta equates to Mexico paying for it is infuriatingly trumpian

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
I never realized how many government workers live paycheck to paycheck until I started seeing all the articles lamenting how federal workers living paycheck to paycheck are being hurt by the shutdown. It never seems to occur to any of them, or the writers, to build up some savings. Or get a different job. Something in the private sector that creates value.

These seem to be the only people impacted by the shutdown. Not the folks who need services, but the folks with a hand in our pockets.

Trumpmshould just exercise his prerogative as head of the executive branch to make at least some of this shutdown permanent.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »
The way your brain works is bananas

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2019, 09:36:09 PM »
The way your brain works is bananas

he tried to argue that birthright citizenship isn't in the constitution.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2019, 09:37:45 PM »
I never realized how many government workers live paycheck to paycheck until I started seeing all the articles lamenting how federal workers living paycheck to paycheck are being hurt by the shutdown. It never seems to occur to any of them, or the writers, to build up some savings. Or get a different job. Something in the private sector that creates value.

These seem to be the only people impacted by the shutdown. Not the folks who need services, but the folks with a hand in our pockets.

Trumpmshould just exercise his prerogative as head of the executive branch to make at least some of this shutdown permanent.

The role of the Executive is to enforce the laws. The eff you talking about? Don't make me dig up your posts complaining about Obama's executive overreach.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2019, 09:38:06 PM »
How much does he think TSA workers make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »

I think the idea that steel slats will slow the flow of narcotics and organized crime is laughable.

Also the idea that the new nafta equates to Mexico paying for it is infuriatingly trumpian

i care, and i very much appreciate that pelosi is making the argument that she will not allow the us to build a wall because it is immoral, not because trump said mexico would pay for it or because a fence isn't a wall, lolz.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »

i care, and i very much appreciate that pelosi is making the argument that she will not allow the us to build a wall because it is immoral, not because trump said mexico would pay for it or because a fence isn't a wall, lolz.

Well, let's be honest, that's not why the Dems are opposing the wall. I'm happy that it makes you feel good about yourself, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2019, 09:45:26 PM »
Everyone except Donald Trump opposed the wall before the primary.