Author Topic: This is Very Fishy  (Read 14268 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: This is Very Fishy
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
Yes, true. But like I said, it seems very obvious to me what happened here, and I personally don’t mind him saying the opposite because it’s a polite lie, not a deceptive one. Kind of like, “yes I loved the meatloaf but I just realized I’m not hungry after that bite I took.”
Well, yeah they're the same except one is regarding whether you liked meatloaf and the other is about why you gave away $3 million entrusted to you.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
Ok, look guys. I was a little shaken when Pete and Blackcats turned out to be wrong, but now you’re saying they full on got duped into thinking we were on the verge of hiring LittreLL over CK? I’m not gonna stand for that.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
Yes, true. But like I said, it seems very obvious to me what happened here, and I personally don’t mind him saying the opposite because it’s a polite lie, not a deceptive one. Kind of like, “yes I loved the meatloaf but I just realized I’m not hungry after that bite I took.”
Well, yeah they're the same except one is regarding whether you liked meatloaf and the other is about why you gave away $3 million entrusted to you.

You’re missing my point. It’s not a trust issue because everyone knows what actually happened and GT knows everyone knows. It’s just being polite to say we didn’t can his ass.

Offline Hullabaloo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »
Definitely fired.
$3 million saved us from the age discrimination lawsuit.
It was worth it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
Snyder's ass being canned for eff head is pretty simple.  The mysterious part is what went down as the contract to pay OBz was expiring in January 2018 and on through the new contract in August 2018 that got him an extra $1m of severance and had all the severance money paid out in just 3 years instead of 7.
Exactly. We upped Snyder's buyout by 50% when he was 78 years old and he retired 4 months later?!?!  What!

But I think most people are operating under the assumption that the coaching search was a legitimate, bonafide search carried out in good faith.  I don't know about that!

I'll agree that this part stinks on ice
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »
Here's Snyder's 2018 contract embedded in the article: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article216393305.html

Looks like kstatesports quit posting these things on the website after Currie left.  I'm still looking for a clean copy of eff head's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2018, 03:53:45 PM »
Snyder's ass being canned for eff head is pretty simple.  The mysterious part is what went down as the contract to pay OBz was expiring in January 2018 and on through the new contract in August 2018 that got him an extra $1m of severance and had all the severance money paid out in just 3 years instead of 7.
Exactly. We upped Snyder's buyout by 50% when he was 78 years old and he retired 4 months later?!?!  What!

But I think most people are operating under the assumption that the coaching search was a legitimate, bonafide search carried out in good faith.  I don't know about that!

I'll agree that this part stinks on ice
And if it was just one thing, then MEHHH, whatever.  But all of a sudden, you start thinking back on this stuff and you recognize a pattern that doesn't seem like normal weird athletic department stuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline NDB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2018, 04:01:03 PM »
Definitely fired.
$3 million saved us from the age discrimination lawsuit.
It was worth it.

(Bison fan)

Could also be due the stupid clauses about Snyder getting to playing a role in the hiring of his successor and being a campus ambassador.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2018, 04:13:21 PM »
Not the least bit surprising, but still LOL at all those who ate up Ol' Bill being worried about those poor professors and putting on the ol Grandpa Snyder act in regards to them fancy facilities and big raises.

"Pay me" . . . LHC Bill Snyder

And who in the eff wouldn't; name one college FB coach who would forgo cash to be had.  :dubious:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
Going back to the financial parameters comment we talked about yesterday, was eff head put up against who else was out there (in the whole world of america?) or who else was out there that was good with being the lowest paid coach in the conference or who Ventura Partners cleared to be measured up to the meadowlark stick?

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/1072962197490466834

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2018, 04:17:55 PM »
Of course, none of them were ever going to be able to match up to eff head when it came to the determining qualification - Gene knowing them.

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/1072962478559166477

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is Very Fishy
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2018, 04:20:37 PM »
Look at pretty much any major company and it’s the same deal. People hire people they know. Most companies are lucky to have more than one independent director on their board. It’s not some terrible thing if they’re qualified.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
The Mustang gives zero fucks about what he said.  He's Jedi mindfucked 90% of the fanbase to come around on his guy.  I'm sure he thinks he can say/do whatever he wants now with no negative consequences.
@mikec2w

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
Look at pretty much any major company and it’s the same deal. People hire people they know. Most companies are lucky to have more than one independent director on their board. It’s not some terrible thing if they’re qualified.

Yea, it's called the "Good Ole Boys".  These rich cooperate fucks take care of themselves.  NCAA is the same bullshit; it's a money making machine run by the "Good Ole Boys".   :th_twocents:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:48:43 PM by Katdaddy »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »
I think Klieman has known he would be the new HC for quite a while. How else do you explain the recruiting commitments in the 2 days after the hire? Very fishy.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
Gene thinks his audience are all dumbasses. And he’s mostly right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
The Mustang gives zero fucks about what he said.  He's Jedi mindfucked 90% of the fanbase to come around on his guy.  I'm sure he thinks he can say/do whatever he wants now with no negative consequences.

He's right about that; look at all the stupid gaolable fans that are "all right" with this hire.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
Same fans that went from wanting oscar fired to declaring him a hero the day Virginia lost to a 16 seed  :flush:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2018, 05:04:41 PM »
The worst part is the latest hoodwinking is being conducted by dakotan iowans.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018, 05:06:32 PM »
so, the red ass actually did show old balls the door.  then they reach a gentle agreement to not let on.  :billdance: 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2018, 05:11:57 PM »
Overrated frauds.

Source: they lost to KSU

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »
Keep your dumbass takes about K-State basketball out of this thread.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2018, 05:58:57 PM »
I read this entire thread in keith morrison’s voice.  a real dateline episode, to be sure

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2018, 06:08:28 PM »
Is the Mustang our Cheyenne Zulu?
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
He’s either a puppet for Myers/Snyder or a huge swinging dick that just silver backed a guy with his name on the stadium and hired someone the majority of boosters and fans told him not to.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best