Author Topic: This is Very Fishy  (Read 14286 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: This is Very Fishy
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »
The KSO Krew was all in on Seth. They missed their mid-major messiah.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »
I get a feeling you really dislike ADGT and really really dislike NHFBCCK
I have no problem with CK actually.  He wasn't my first choice but I think he could be really good for us.

I do not trust Gene Taylor at all.  I have a lot of doubt about the integrity of this coaching search.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
The KSO Krew has almost entirely come to heel, just as Gene Taylor knew they would.

FWIW, I also came to heel with regard to CK. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »
The KSO Krew has almost entirely come to heel, just as Gene Taylor knew they would.

Yes we have.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
I have no problem with CK actually.  He wasn't my first choice but I think he could be really good for us.

I do not trust Gene Taylor at all. I have a lot of doubt about the integrity of this coaching search.

Well... to say there is no reasonable doubt would be a lie. So I think you have some leg to stand on.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »

I do not trust Gene Taylor at all. I have a lot of doubt about the integrity of this coaching search.

Well... to say there is no reasonable doubt would be a lie. So I think you have some leg to stand on.
I don't even have much of a problem with him hiring his friend, in a vacuum.  But with Gene showing that he's willing to lie about stupid stuff, along with the 11th hour failure of the SL negotiations and all the misinformation that's come out with that, something really stinks with Gene.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »

And to your second point, yes.  If you're going to lie about something, the lie you tell should at least be rational.  Under any circumstance where you're not subject to perjury, telling people you gifted $3 million of athletic department/donor funds is insane. 

My thought is that if he hasn’t already privately told them, GT is just assuming any major donor can read between the lines to understand the $3 million was severance instead of a gift. I mean, the fact it is the exact same amount as the buyout is itself the equivalent of a wink while he says “Bill wasn’t fired.”

Of course it would have been smarter to avoid saying something obviously untrue, but I don’t think he can get in trouble for it since the AD doesn’t really have shareholders and does not receive taxpayer dollars.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 03:21:40 PM »
dlew. 

IDEA: 

turn your podcast in to a Serial like true crime mystery and uncover the true depths of this story.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »

Yes we have.
I mean of course most of them did, that was never in doubt.  But not everyone.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »

And to your second point, yes.  If you're going to lie about something, the lie you tell should at least be rational.  Under any circumstance where you're not subject to perjury, telling people you gifted $3 million of athletic department/donor funds is insane. 

My thought is that if he hasn’t already privately told them, GT is just assuming any major donor can read between the lines to understand the $3 million was severance instead of a gift. I mean, the fact it is the exact same amount as the buyout is itself the equivalent of a wink while he says “Bill wasn’t fired.”

Of course it would have been smarter to avoid saying something obviously untrue, but I don’t think he can get in trouble for it since the AD doesn’t really have shareholders and does not receive taxpayer dollars.
Practically speaking though, he's in a position of trust.  A big part of his job is asking people for money.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
dlew. 

IDEA: 

turn your podcast in to a Serial like true crime mystery and uncover the true depths of this story.
Set up a Patreon and I'm in.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »
Gene was straight up asked about the character of the $3 million payment.  His response  “for all he has done for our football team, our program and our community… it was something that we felt was important to do for him.” 

He said today at the press conference:  "It was just something where I said, 'You know Coach, you're leaving a lot (of money) on the table. I would like to take care of you.' He said, 'Absolutely,'" Taylor said. "So he's going to get his $3 million, and he deserves every penny of it because of what he did for this program. I'm happy to do it."

I'm not sure why you call this a lie. It pretty much lines up with "hey coach we want you to retire, don't worry we'll pay the buyout, but we're prepared to fire you if you want to go that route"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »
I like this part:

K-State officials Wednesday told The Mercury there were no written records documenting Snyder’s retirement or the terms of any arrangement, beyond the employment contract he signed in August.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
"It was just something where I said, 'You know Coach, you're leaving a lot (of money) on the table. I would like to take care of you.' He said, 'Absolutely."

I'm not sure why you call this a lie. It pretty much lines up with "hey coach we want you to retire, don't worry we'll pay the buyout, but we're prepared to fire you if you want to go that route"
I disagree. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
dlew. 

IDEA: 

I want to.  I find this whole thing extremely captivating. 

The brazenness with which Taylor is doing this! 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
I like this part:

K-State officials Wednesday told The Mercury there were no written records documenting Snyder’s retirement or the terms of any arrangement, beyond the employment contract he signed in August.
Ayup

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »
Snyder's ass being canned for eff head is pretty simple.  The mysterious part is what went down as the contract to pay OBz was expiring in January 2018 and on through the new contract in August 2018 that got him an extra $1m of severance and had all the severance money paid out in just 3 years instead of 7.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 03:29:27 PM »

dlew. 

IDEA: 

He's rubbing your face in it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »
Snyder's ass being canned for eff head is pretty simple.  The mysterious part is what went down as the contract to pay OBz was expiring in January 2018 and on through the new contract in August 2018 that got him an extra $1m of severance and had all the severance money paid out in just 3 years instead of 7.
Exactly. We upped Snyder's buyout by 50% when he was 78 years old and he retired 4 months later?!?!  What!

But I think most people are operating under the assumption that the coaching search was a legitimate, bonafide search carried out in good faith.  I don't know about that!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »
dlew. 

IDEA: 

Bring LSOC and I on the adventure.  We held Squawkstin and Fanbeck's hands through their dive into the RP-Broiler debacle.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »

Practically speaking though, he's in a position of trust.  A big part of his job is asking people for money.

Yes, true. But like I said, it seems very obvious to me what happened here, and I personally don’t mind him saying the opposite because it’s a polite lie, not a deceptive one. Kind of like, “yes I loved the meatloaf but I just realized I’m not hungry after that bite I took.”

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 03:33:25 PM »
This has all the makings of a shell corporation payout and a life insurance beneficiary
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »

Exactly. We upped Snyder's buyout by 50% when he was 78 years old and he retired 4 months later?!?!  What!

But I think most people are operating under the assumption that the coaching search was a legitimate, bonafide search carried out in good faith.  I don't know about that!

I think the first part is going to be that Gene was in over his head at dealing with the Snyders and the support they had at that time.  Knowing that eff head was eventually going to be the guy, and if he truly believed in him, he should've canned OBz's ass at the beginning of 2018.

And yeah, lol at the "search."

https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1072300511171411970

https://twitter.com/VenturaPartners/status/1072505152408612865

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
:sdeek:
 :pray:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »

There is no chance in hell that a bonifide search was done, but surely everyone knew that before it even "happened". This is the Kansas State University Athletic Department we are talking about.  I've been following KSU sports for a long time now, and I don't think we've ever had a legitimate coaching search.