Author Topic: This is Very Fishy  (Read 14116 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This is Very Fishy
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 10:02:11 AM »
he was probably targeted as the heir to the throne for Ferentz, we beat them to the punch stealing the 'stang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
So few people seem to understand the obvious:  the Chris Klieman hire actually started with the Gene Taylor hire.  Taylor was hired to get Klieman, it was the plan all along.  There were interviews for the window dressing of the process, but Klieman was targeted years ago.  We hired Taylor so we could hire Klieman.

Explain how that's obvious, like how does that make any sense at all? What if Matt Campbell ended up at Tennessee last year and flood aggie offered Klieman a job?

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
Gene thinks his audience are all dumbasses. And he’s mostly right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

everyone at NDSU knew Klieman was getting that job.... hell I told you guys last week!   what does it matter now.

for $3 Million  K State can MOVE ON.
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2018, 01:39:26 PM »
Hiring gene to get Klieman is maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen posted on this board.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
Pretty dang dumb ww
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »
he was probably targeted as the heir to the throne for Ferentz, we beat them to the punch stealing the 'stang

I 100% bet gene floated this idea around a table in Iowa City. 

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
This seems largely irrelevant to me. Yes, the $3m to Bill is absolutely a buyoff for being “retired.” It’s also absolutely true he deserves it....and some boosters made sure that outlay wouldn’t really hurt.

Regardless, if you pay CK “only” $1.5m, he’s constantly getting asked about it for the next 6 months, and K-State gets the reputation for being cheap going into searching for staff interviews and replacing folks down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2018, 01:37:50 AM »
What's fishy to me is why we have so much influence from the state of Iowa :Yuck:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2018, 01:55:47 AM »
if you pay CK “only” $1.5m, he’s constantly getting asked about it for the next 6 months, and K-State gets the reputation for being cheap going into searching for staff interviews and replacing folks down the road.

Our new head coach was taken from the lower division and is the lowest paid in the conference and isn't even making twice what our retired coach is.  I think prospective KSU football employees have a pretty good idea how we roll.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2018, 03:07:57 AM »
to purple, you mean?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »
if you pay CK “only” $1.5m, he’s constantly getting asked about it for the next 6 months, and K-State gets the reputation for being cheap going into searching for staff interviews and replacing folks down the road.

Our new head coach was taken from the lower division and is the lowest paid in the conference and isn't even making twice what our retired coach is.  I think prospective KSU football employees have a pretty good idea how we roll.
well i don't think we should overpay kleiman just so we don't look cheap. if we're worried about financial appearances than allow him to go out and BUY a couple of the best assistants that money can buy and show everyone that we are willing to spend money to win. don't waste it when you don't need to

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2018, 09:07:24 AM »
go buy off whatever assistants are getting TCU and Baylor their best recruits. Buy off whatever missouri coach is covering saint louis area.
our current coaches have shown almost no ability to recruit the level of player necessary for us to compete with OU.
i would keep a couple of them and then remake the staff with strategic recruiting areas in mind.
but i think we will see a lot of holdovers and recruiting won't change at all