Author Topic: I WILIL GIVE THE STUPID NORTH DAKOTA DORK A SHOT, I GUESS. WHATEVER.  (Read 39063 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I WILIL GIVE THE STUPID NORTH DAKOTA DORK A SHOT, I GUESS. WHATEVER.
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
I'm legitimately confused about the number of K-State media at the fcs championship game, I don't get why they are there.
A true up and comer story

https://twitter.com/riley_gates/status/1081587670869004290?s=21

basically every single writer that's ever worked at the kansas city star is from similar small-town kansas and has covered real national championships, super bowls, nba finals, golf majors, etc. and their articles were read by countless thousands, not several dozens.

i shouldn't be taking shots, though, the highlight of my brief/awful sports writing career was covering a pair of chiefs games during the herm edwards era.  :Yuck:

I know he’s said other dumb things, but surely that’s a tongue in cheek tweet right?

I think he was dead serious. I mean, observing K-State media groups, they all acted like this D2 national championship was the biggest game in K-State's history and was huge for publicity and recruiting. The only FBS coaches being talked about Saturday were Klienman, Dabo, and Saban!

Many of these same media members laughed at KU for talking about Les's National Championship, and legit FBS championship.

It's all been embarrassing and small time if you ask me. It was the pinnacle of the last month of K-State/K-State media's push to validate the hire.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2019, 03:07:47 PM »
ya obvious joke

i'm not great at reading riley tweets but the sentiment seemed sincere, especially if you look at follow up replies?  :dunno:

yeah i got the same feeling. definitely sincere.

weird but sincere.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »
if you assholes grew up in Beloit, you'd understand

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:46 PM »

eff Beloit.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
I'm legitimately confused about the number of K-State media at the fcs championship game, I don't get why they are there.

basically every single writer that's ever worked at the kansas city star is from similar small-town kansas and has covered real national championships, super bowls, nba finals, golf majors, etc. and their articles were read by countless thousands, not several dozens.

i shouldn't be taking shots, though, the highlight of my brief/awful sports writing career was covering a pair of chiefs games during the herm edwards era.  :Yuck:

I know he’s said other dumb things, but surely that’s a tongue in cheek tweet right?

I think he was dead serious. I mean, observing K-State media groups, they all acted like this D2 national championship was the biggest game in K-State's history and was huge for publicity and recruiting. The only FBS coaches being talked about Saturday were Klienman, Dabo, and Saban!

Many of these same media members laughed at KU for talking about Les's National Championship, and legit FBS championship.

It's all been embarrassing and small time if you ask me. It was the pinnacle of the last month of K-State/K-State media's push to validate the hire.

This. So much this.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
Should K-State just claim the 2018 FCS National Championship?  Imagine that on the back of one of the ICE jumbos.  :love:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 07, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »
Well technically he won a Natty as a KSU head coach, so I’ll allow it!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 07, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »
 :lynchmob:
Well technically he won a Natty as a KSU head coach, so I’ll allow it!

This is true!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2019, 10:06:49 PM »

This. So much this.
Meh it was an interesting story IMO

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27:35 PM »

Where in the eff is Beloit???  Or is that what you're saying in a round about way.  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.