Author Topic: Bill Tribute Thread For Sentimental Qatz To Share Fun Memzys (No gE'ing Allowed)  (Read 31614 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
It had to happen, and it should've happened a few years ago. Everybody's time comes, but it's still kinda sad. ITT feel free to share fun Bill memories, be they huge and obvious or be they small and weird. Plenty of other threads to stink up with bitter Bill memzys, so no g'Eing in here.

Here's to you, Scheme Doctor. :cheers:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One fun thing I remember that showcased LHCBS's attention to detail and general wizardry was in, maybe...2014 or so? We were playing either TCU or WVU, I think TCU. They were returning a kick and got a giant return. Then they come back from the break and Bill had calmly called the refs over and told them that they had two #2s on the field. Penalty. Long return negated. We win a closey.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What about when his daughter got proposed to during the EKU game during a timeout and he kinda feigned interest for like two seconds and then went right back to coaching with his super srs face  :lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#tbt

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhriFBNIiRk
[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:37:38 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Ability to do so much with so little.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In Snyder 1.0, our defensive guys had the most giant shoulder pads, and absurd neckrolls, and they just looked so big and mean and funny. And simultaneously, our tight ends lined up standing with their hands on their hips like big doofuses. Very goofy way for gigant d00ds to line up.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gave Daniel Sams a chance to play QB when no one else would, and for that I am forever grateful.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Gave the reins to Michael Bishop with full knowledge that Bishop was not in full command of "the playbook" .

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
An actual insane person but he was our insane person
emaw

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
An actual insane person but he was our insane person

Yep.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Snogging Phil Bennett down at Texas.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
Around 2009 as a sophomore in college Bill was doing an autograph session at the union. I went and got a poster signed, he recognized me bc my parents are townie friends. He asked if I was going to be a doctor like my dad, I said I'm ya I'd like to, he asked if I was getting straight A's. I felt a bit embarrassed bc I was struggling with a couple classes at the time. That small comment motivated me even more to get better grades and now I'm in my final year of residency and I think about that interaction all the time.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The 12 title beating Texas was fun.  So cool to see the transition of the facilities (and so cool with the fog rolling in too). 2011 sending A&M out was nice. That overtime game was so much fun.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Beating Nebraska. 

Dominance of Kansas

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
There's just too many to list.... The guy IS K-State football.

So far, since the birth of my daughter, only 3 people have asked me if she was my granddaughter.  One of the three is LHC Bill Snyder. 

We have been truly blessed to know him and have him put K-State football on the map.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:52:09 PM by Bookie Pimp »
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
What about when his daughter got proposed to during the EKU game during a timeout and he kinda feigned interest for like two seconds and then went right back to coaching with his super srs face  :lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Shrug, when gary's apartment was on fire

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i really wanted him to retire but now that it's official, i feel sad.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
After we beat OU (I think) in like 1993, he exuberantly jumped into the arms of one of our bigger coaches, either Mangino or Latina. Not subdued at all like he was in later years.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Dusting this one off...

As most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Whatever year it was the first time A&M came up to Manhattan as a new Big XII team.  They were not ready for the Scheme Doctor that day.  Snyds did an onside kick after the first score and it physically stunned every A&M person in the stadium.  They never recovered, and their Cadet dudes were like wtf.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dusting this one off...

As most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Kids in the Hall YES. More stuff like this. :thumbs:

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
I liked that he was an architect.....
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."