Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263913 times)

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #2125 on: December 11, 2018, 12:58:02 AM »
Somebody be sure to tip the band on their way out. :buh-bye:
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: December 11, 2018, 02:57:27 AM »
Hopefully he’s gone in three years one way or another so that Venzy can come home after his son graduates? :dunno:

That toot addict still has a son in high school. His kids graduating from college won't magically grant him ambition in his 50's. He's perfectly happy being Bud Foster and John Chavis, I guess some people just aren't comfortable with ultimate responsibility.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »
I’m not going to have any reaction until I get a full breakdown from @jrake

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 11, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »
Skylar can finally flourish in a pro qb system
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #2129 on: December 11, 2018, 09:11:39 AM »

if the leading candidates for the job were LittreLL, norvell, klieman, brown, wolford, leavitt, etc., then i will forever believe that gene made the best hire possible by selecting klieman. that doesn't mean i think klieman will succeed. i think it is more unlikely than likely that he will succeed. but keep in mind, i'm defining success by the set of standards that this bipolar, sociopathic fan base has set for the program - which in my view is to win 8 or 9 games every year, never go 6-6 or god forbid sub-.500, seriously compete for the league title every year, and make a CFB playoff run every five years. which simply isn't going to happen.

if i thought the k-state fan base would continue hating klieman into the start of the season, demanding his firing after every narrow victory against an FCS or CUSA school, then i would for sure root for the football team like i never have before (i've never rooted for a k-state sports team). but ya'll will come around. klieman will say "impressive!" things at the press conference, he'll sign a recruit that nobody thought k-state could get, he'll hire a coordinator with a brilliant track record at a directional michigan school, d scott will write a fluffy feature about the star of the spring game ("will this be the next keithen valentine!?!") and it will be Team Klieman all the way.

until he loses the big 12 opener.

to iowa state.

then you'll want him fired immediately, and you'll want him replaced with the hot new south alabama coach (!) who won eight games against a schedule that included georgia state, texas state, arkansas pine bluff, savannah state and wagner. "i think he could be really good guys!"

it's exhausting.

i root for your misery.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:54 AM »
Well he's definitely not SLTH so we have that

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: December 11, 2018, 09:25:24 AM »
I am more than willing to see what this guy can do here, but make no mistake about it.......this coaching search has been a complete cluster eff and Gene is a huge dork.......only Klieman can save him now.

Lock this failure of a thread.

:dubious:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #2132 on: December 11, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
There is an Arkansas State, rake

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »

if the leading candidates for the job were LittreLL, norvell, klieman, brown, wolford, leavitt, etc., then i will forever believe that gene made the best hire possible by selecting klieman. that doesn't mean i think klieman will succeed. i think it is more unlikely than likely that he will succeed. but keep in mind, i'm defining success by the set of standards that this bipolar, sociopathic fan base has set for the program - which in my view is to win 8 or 9 games every year, never go 6-6 or god forbid sub-.500, seriously compete for the league title every year, and make a CFB playoff run every five years. which simply isn't going to happen.

if i thought the k-state fan base would continue hating klieman into the start of the season, demanding his firing after every narrow victory against an FCS or CUSA school, then i would for sure root for the football team like i never have before (i've never rooted for a k-state sports team). but ya'll will come around. klieman will say "impressive!" things at the press conference, he'll sign a recruit that nobody thought k-state could get, he'll hire a coordinator with a brilliant track record at a directional michigan school, d scott will write a fluffy feature about the star of the spring game ("will this be the next keithen valentine!?!") and it will be Team Klieman all the way.

to iowa state.

then you'll want him fired immediately, and you'll want him replaced with the hot new south alabama coach (!) who won eight games against a schedule that included georgia state, texas state, arkansas pine bluff, savannah state and wagner. "i think he could be really good guys!"

it's exhausting.

i root for your misery.

:love:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #2134 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
There is an Arkansas State, rake

now there's a coach candidate for you. blake anderson scripted practices and skyped meetings while his ailing wife battled cancer!

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/dec/07/andersons-prep-for-health-battle-201812/

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
I am more than willing to see what this guy can do here, but make no mistake about it.......this coaching search has been a complete cluster eff and Gene is a huge dork.......only Klieman can save him now.

I honestly feel like the fans made half of the clown show to be fair.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: December 11, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »

At least it wasn't Tennessee level of clown show  :dunno:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: December 11, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »
Can I get actual confirmation if he hired a search firm?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: December 11, 2018, 09:39:44 AM »

At least it wasn't Tennessee level of clown show  :dunno:
Nope, that was a real cult fest.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
In many ways the fans made 100% of it. However, I’m still a bit unsure why it took as long as it did. If we moved as fast as TTU, the panic would have been much less pronounced.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: December 11, 2018, 09:45:00 AM »
We couldn't move too quickly because Gene had to give a convincing appearance that he was actually considering other candidates.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: December 11, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
In many ways the fans made 100% of it. However, I’m still a bit unsure why it took as long as it did. If we moved as fast as TTU, the panic would have been much less pronounced.

not sure what the confusion is.   They obviously courted LittreLL for a long time hoping he'd give in to their demands then he told then to eff off. 

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: December 11, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
Have the full details on the contract been released yet? Any interesting small print?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »

to iowa state.

it's exhausting.

i root for your misery.

I am anywhere from 6-9 wins a year as long as we look good doing it.  Sub .500 where we are young or have a bunch of injuries I am OK with, but would argue that 6 wins should be possible.  Sub .500 where our team doesn't appear to have direction and is at an overall talent disadvantage I would have a problem with (AKA this year).  Playoffs?  Lets get real we would piss down our leg in the championship game on the very last play of the game to miss the CFP.  That is just the KSU way and as a long time fan am ready for that KITN.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: December 11, 2018, 10:11:52 AM »

to iowa state.

it's exhausting.

i root for your misery.

Nice try, but we always end the season with Farmageddon.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
I’d be fine with the TCU model, like two down seasons squeaking into a bowl game followed by two up seasons knocking on the door to the playoff.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 11, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »

to iowa state.

it's exhausting.

i root for your misery.

Nice try, but we always end the season with Farmageddon.

Not when we played them in Arrowhead.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 11, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »
I’d be fine with the TCU model, like two down seasons squeaking into a bowl game followed by two up seasons knocking on the door to the playoff.

yeah. Okie State has kinda been like this too.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: December 11, 2018, 10:19:13 AM »
We already have an annual 5-7 with an outside shot at 7-5 coach in oscar weber and he's never going to go anywhere  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 11, 2018, 10:19:47 AM »

What part of the search was a cluster? The fans' conjecture and straw grasping?