Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 268578 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1700 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:38 PM »
Hiring a good coach to own goEMAW.com would be very satisfying

I’d call myself a mamas boy here and on Twitter if he did it. I’d be so rough ridin' owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 09, 2018, 01:15:22 PM »
What do you think this ndsu guy’s secret sauce is?

In a word?  Gumption.  Or, perhaps sticktoittiveness.   Though, I have heard it's oomph.  And, in some quarters it is reported that it's spunk.

Nope. Elbow grease.  Gumption is a budget buster.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 09, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »
Will be lol if it’s Schiano

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 09, 2018, 01:35:10 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 09, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Yes!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 09, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
Wouldn’t it be fun if it wasn’t any of those three dorks?
Do you know something that would let the fun begin?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

We’ve been talking to P5 coordinators not named Venables.

Sean snyder?

Go sit in the corner.

Oh yeah daddy, boss me around

irl lol

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 09, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »
Blackcats loves the crap out of rough ridin' with us

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 09, 2018, 02:30:38 PM »
Worrying about optics and looking small-timey is super lame and small timey itself. Real bosses do what they want, because they know what they they are doing. If GT did hire Klieman despite the fan uproar, I’d actually be more confident in the hire.

Another point on optics and whatever other bs people are crying about — it doesn’t even matter. Literally no one outside of KSU and maybe KU fans would even notice or care.

All that said, I do think Klieman should prob be a P5 DC or G5 HC before being a HC at a place like KState, and would love him as our DC, especially with an up and comer type as HC.

Maybe all a moot point w/ blackcats stoking my flame again

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 09, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
Its gonna be a huge crapshoot, but I just hope whoever it is he's a good fit, whatever fit means. Slamdunk coaches have failed too - Richrod, Beliema, Underwood, and others I'm sure.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 09, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
I'll clarify my stance, I don't care if it looks small time, I just think it would be small time. Also ok worth Gene hiring him as long as the president fires Gene if it doesn't work out.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: December 09, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
If it weren’t for the donor/common fan uproar.. He already would be hired. Just have to hope it’s enough smoke to drive GT in another direction (Norvell/Brown)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 09, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »
Keep sending those emails Clover
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 09, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
Literally no one outside of KSU and maybe KU fans would even notice or care.

Recruits probably care too, which I think is the main point.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 09, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »
I'll clarify my stance, I don't care if it looks small time, I just think it would be small time. Also ok worth Gene hiring him as long as the president fires Gene if it doesn't work out.

I’m good with this entire stance.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 09, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
People have been blowing up my DMs asking for my opinion on this search. Until now, I have remained silent out of respect for principles of comity between our institutions. But a little birdie passed along some information, so on a 'lark I'll post it here.

The problem with football coaches is that they're all football coaches. This leads to rehashing and amplifying the same tired ideas. We've all been thinking inside the box. Consider, however, what great heights you could achieve by thinking outside of the box?

Damon T. Hininger.

No, he's not a football coach, but therein lies his strength. He's a businessman. But not just any businessman: He's the Chief Executive Officer of CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America).

CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America) is the second largest private prison company in the country--a country that is basically the SEC of incarcerating people. CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America) grosses over $1B in annual revenue, so he knows how to manage a large enterprise. And can you say MCMW, anyone?

Mr. Hininger can leverage his experience maintaining discipline and orderliness among his wards to instill the same qualities in his student-athletes. As a top exec, he understands the importance of surrounding himself with a capable and knowledgeable staff who can manage all the "football stuff." Oh, and did I mention he's part of the #Family? That's right. This proud son would not be a flight risk, as he would be happy to serve his Alma Mater for life.

What this program needs is a fresh perspective--a true outsider who can come in, clean shop, and bring a vision of program management that would instantly provide a competitive advantage against other, inside-the-box-thinking Big XII programs.

Are you bold enough to share this vision with him?

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 09, 2018, 03:00:58 PM »
Keep sending those emails Clover

Look, you may not like it, and you might feel like using a board to semi-anonymously troll about it, but if you want your voice heard, you’ve got only a few options:

1. Donate money. Be a booster. Give. The more you give, the more you are heard.
2. Become a legitimate reporter or radio personality with a platform to benefit the program.
3. Email or call those in #1 or #2 and hope they carry your water.
10. Post on a BBS, fuss online, and scream into your pillow.

So at least someone in the #3 category is turning their purple energy into some sort of action. Belittling them for it is just douchey.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1716 on: December 09, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
Wouldn’t it be fun if it wasn’t any of those three dorks?

I kinda want CK now.

You’re probably (82% sure) going to have to get over that.

Blackcats, you're the best.

And rake is 2nd.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »
Literally no one outside of KSU and maybe KU fans would even notice or care.

Recruits probably care too, which I think is the main point.

I do think initially it would be a hindrance, but it doesn’t take long to build relationships with high school coaches, and there would certainly be coaches on staff who already have those relationships.

I do think recruits may be impressed a coach played at OU or coached at LSU or whatever, but I doubt many recruits would be lol me “Oh, you only coaches at South Canada State? You must be crappy.”

They’d probably just listen to whatever message the coach tells them and he impressed with the good stuff ex. “We put all these players in the NFL, and Carson Wentz took us to our whatever national championship in a row.”

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 09, 2018, 03:21:54 PM »
People have been blowing up my DMs asking for my opinion on this search. Until now, I have remained silent out of respect for principles of comity between our institutions. But a little birdie passed along some information, so on a 'lark I'll post it here.

The problem with football coaches is that they're all football coaches. This leads to rehashing and amplifying the same tired ideas. We've all been thinking inside the box. Consider, however, what great heights you could achieve by thinking outside of the box?

Damon T. Hininger.

No, he's not a football coach, but therein lies his strength. He's a businessman. But not just any businessman: He's the Chief Executive Officer of CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America).

CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America) is the second largest private prison company in the country--a country that is basically the SEC of incarcerating people. CoreCivic (f.k.a. Corrections Corporation of America) grosses over $1B in annual revenue, so he knows how to manage a large enterprise. And can you say MCMW, anyone?

Mr. Hininger can leverage his experience maintaining discipline and orderliness among his wards to instill the same qualities in his student-athletes. As a top exec, he understands the importance of surrounding himself with a capable and knowledgeable staff who can manage all the "football stuff." Oh, and did I mention he's part of the #Family? That's right. This proud son would not be a flight risk, as he would be happy to serve his Alma Mater for life.

What this program needs is a fresh perspective--a true outsider who can come in, clean shop, and bring a vision of program management that would instantly provide a competitive advantage against other, inside-the-box-thinking Big XII programs.

Bold enough? Nope. Nothing about that makes any sense for something greater than a D2 program. Let’s focus on winning games, not reinventing coaching structures.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 09, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »

Damon T. Hininger.

Offered 5.2 but turned us down
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 09, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »
Didn't accept Sean as V.P. of Special Teams Operations

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 09, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
Here is what I can tell you guys.. A top 5-10 donor thinks it is a good idea to voice your opinion to the administration. So I’m going to listen to him. He might know something..#2 fact- CK was the 1st person interviewed by GT after he left the award show in NY. So clearly GT is battling with him self on what to do.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 09, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »
Here is what I can tell you guys.. A top 5-10 donor thinks it is a good idea to voice your opinion to the administration. So I’m going to listen to him. He might know something..#2 fact- CK was the 1st person interviewed by GT after he left the award show in NY. So clearly GT is battling with him self on what to do.

Is Hininger in play?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 09, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
It’s going to be that Wolford dork, isn’t it? :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 09, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »
I highly doubt it EW. Someone reported that a contract had been approved after the SL fiasco. If that is correct, it was for CK. Now they are pumping the brakes, is what I’m told. This Blackcat user seems to also have an in somewhere. Has he heard anything else? As of last night I was told no decision was made