Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 264004 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1600 on: December 08, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »
Neal Brown is our best option at this point isn’t he.

Brown and Norvell are a coin flip IMO. LittreLL would have been very similar.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 08, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
Brown, Novell, LittreLL

All check same amount of boxes

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 08, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
Brown, Novell, LittreLL

All check same amount of boxes
I'm still confused as to why we would ask Snyder to retire before we had our dream coach lined up?
did we really just start the search this week?
if thats the case something really was wrong with the program that it needed change with no prior plan

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 08, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »
To be clear,  I believe he can coach....but he sure as hell can't recruit......with a roster devoid of talent,  this is a big long term problem,  which,  if played out,  will lead to a bottom feeder team looking for a miracle........again
He has clearly outrecruited his peers, as well as programs a level or two above him.

https://trib.com/news/local/why-are-football-recruits-choosing-north-dakota-state-over-wyoming/article_beb04429-3206-5e12-bcb4-b659f8929412.html
so your argument is that he can out recruit Wyoming in Big Sky country?...do you realize the level of athlete it takes to compete with OU and Texas? ...Jesus rough ridin' Christ  :jerk:

I don't expect any coach at KSU to outrecruit Texas or Oklahoma, I expect him to compete for recruits with Oklahoma State and Iowa State and West Virginia
well CK never has come close to those schools....so your plan is to come to the middle of Kansas and win with 2 star athletes from here to Canada?.....so 27 years later of winning in the Big 8/12 and fan + donar investments well over a Billion dollars, you are asking the collective we to Believe in magic?
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 08, 2018, 10:09:30 PM »

To be clear,  I believe he can coach....but he sure as hell can't recruit......with a roster devoid of talent,  this is a big long term problem,  which,  if played out,  will lead to a bottom feeder team looking for a miracle........again
He has clearly outrecruited his peers, as well as programs a level or two above him.

https://trib.com/news/local/why-are-football-recruits-choosing-north-dakota-state-over-wyoming/article_beb04429-3206-5e12-bcb4-b659f8929412.html
so your argument is that he can out recruit Wyoming in Big Sky country?...do you realize the level of athlete it takes to compete with OU and Texas? ...Jesus rough ridin' Christ  :jerk:

I don't expect any coach at KSU to outrecruit Texas or Oklahoma, I expect him to compete for recruits with Oklahoma State and Iowa State and West Virginia
well CK never has come close to those schools....so your plan is to come to the middle of Kansas and win with 2 star athletes from here to Canada?.....so 27 years later of winning in the Big 8/12 and fan + sonar investments well over a Billion dollars, you are asking the collective we to Believe in magic?

Those schools aren't his peers now. He has recruited well against his peers. Do you think it takes magic to go from recruiting 2 and 3 stars to recruiting 3 and 4 stars? Do you think a sales pitch to a kid from Minnesota is significant different than a salad pitch to a kid from Oklahoma.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: December 08, 2018, 10:11:44 PM »
I mean, what the eff is going on? Seriously. I may be drinks down but rough ridin' crap, so do we know anything? Obviously we know Pete was wrong, and the credibility of this site has forever been tainted. OTHER THAN that, do we know anything?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 08, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »

well CK never has come close to those schools....so your plan is to come to the middle of Kansas and win with 2 star athletes from here to Canada?.....so 27 years later of winning in the Big 8/12 and fan + sonar investments well over a Billion dollars, you are asking the collective we to Believe in magic?

Those schools aren't his peers now. He has recruited well against his peers. Do you think it takes magic to go from recruiting 2 and 3 stars to recruiting 3 and 4 stars? Do you think a sales pitch to a kid from Minnesota is significant different than a salad pitch to a kid from Oklahoma.
i think trying to sell a kid who has few, if any, P5 offers to choose the best FCS program in america instead of some other FCS program is pretty easy.
it is not even remotely similar to selling a kid to go to KSU instead of TCU, Tech, missouri, ISU, or OU.
you see CK has never recruited the kids he will need to be able to recruit to ksu.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »
I mean, what the eff is going on? Seriously. I may be drinks down but rough ridin' crap, so do we know anything? Obviously we know Pete was wrong, and the credibility of this site has forever been tainted. OTHER THAN that, do we know anything?

Lol wut
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 08, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »

Lol wut

Can you not read? This rough ridin' act you have been putting on lately is embarrassing.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:10 PM »
Pete says Snyder will retire and he does, Pete says Litrell is our guy and he is.  What exactly am I missing here?  I mean I’m not sure what exactly he was wrong about other than failing to foresee gene balking at 1.2 million dollar graham. Which it sounds like came out of left field.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 08, 2018, 10:22:58 PM »

i think trying to sell a kid who has few, if any, P5 offers to choose the best FCS program in america instead of some other FCS program is pretty easy.
it is not even remotely similar to selling a kid to go to KSU instead of TCU, Tech, missouri, ISU, or OU.
you see CK has never recruited the kids he will need to be able to recruit to ksu.

You don't think he recruits kids who could play at FBS schools? Because he beats P5 schools on the field all the time. There isn't a hard line of kids who are only recruited by FCS schools, there's a pool that could go either way and he does exceptionally well in that space. He isn't at Bama for goodness sake.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 08, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »
Pete says Snyder will retire and he does, Pete says Litrell is our guy and he is.  What exactly am I missing here?  I mean I’m not sure what exactly he was wrong about other than failing to foresee gene balking at 1.2 million dollar graham. Which it sounds like came out of left field.

Ok, I will give you that Pete was right. The thread title there is up in the air. Pete says this was a done deal, it wasn’t. I know the bug under the desk was a joke, however, if we knew the first 2 things, how the eff don’t we know anything else?

Blackcats knows stuff, but hasn’t posted. We don’t know crap right now. I want to know crap right now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 08, 2018, 10:41:43 PM »
i'm in the "what's it matter, it's a crapshoot anyway" stage of this coaching search.

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #1613 on: December 08, 2018, 10:42:16 PM »
NDSU has kids currently on team that have turned down offers from:
Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

Klieman can recruit, he has a system that is successful and would work at Kansas State.
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 08, 2018, 10:45:40 PM »
Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

Klieman can recruit, he has a system that is successful and would work at Kansas State.

There’s almost nothing on your roster that indicates he recruits in our critical success areas for P5 programs. He’s getting Big 10 scraps in the Northern Plains areas. That won’t cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

There’s almost nothing on your roster that indicates he recruits in our critical success areas for P5 programs. He’s getting Big 10 scraps in the Northern Plains areas. That won’t cut it.

The he doesn't recruit Texas argument is amazingly dumb. Chris Peterson doesn't recruit Texas would we not want him either? Scott Frost didn't recruit Texas, should Nebraska have hired Seth LittreLL instead?

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 08, 2018, 10:53:49 PM »
Don’t be silly. Those all HAD recruited across the Arizona to Florida corridor in the past. They had the network structure to rekindle and invigorate. Klieman doesn’t. It’s big Big 10 and northern plains.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 08, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »
Don’t be silly. Those all HAD recruited across the Arizona to Florida corridor in the past. They had the network structure to rekindle and invigorate. Klieman doesn’t. It’s big Big 10 and northern plains.

....and the name to immediately compete for talent. CK doesn’t.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 08, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »
Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

his team would finish near the bottom of the B12. most of his players would not get a scholarship in the B12. he doesn't recruit in the homes he needs to

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 08, 2018, 11:18:52 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: December 08, 2018, 11:19:34 PM »

Is there a special password to get into high schools in Texas that other states don't have? Either way, if it really is that important he can hire an assistant with Texas ties. If the comes here we'll have at least half of the coaching staff staying anyway.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 08, 2018, 11:23:32 PM »
Were any of the people we’re talking to under consideration for any of these jobs?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-coaching-changes-carousel-tracker-grades-breakdowns-for-new-2018-19-hires/

Who knows but Norvell is a similar candidate to Geoff Collins and Brown is similar to Scott Satterfield.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 08, 2018, 11:24:41 PM »

Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

his team would finish near the bottom of the B12. most of his players would not get a scholarship in the B12. he doesn't recruit in the homes he needs to

He doesn't target and recruit kids that would win the Big 12, he targets and recruits kids that would dominate FCS. He does an incredible job evaluating, targeting, and landing recruits, and managing resources. He needs to know when to compete against schools like Iowa and Purdue (elite recruits for him) and when not to. That's a skill that translates to KSU.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 08, 2018, 11:26:17 PM »
Yeah I don’t see why a Big 12 coach needs to recruit Texas. If they can successfully recruit elsewhere like Florida or California somehow then who gaf?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 08, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
Also, everything said about Klieman could apply to Norvell and Neal Brown, except they haven't been anywhere near as dominant. They aren't beating Texas or OU for recruits, either.