Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 267482 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1475 on: December 08, 2018, 12:08:56 PM »
Leavitt record in conference games: 25-26 (from the mighty Conference USA and Big East). After he had 5 years to build up the program, they were in CUSA for two years and then the Big East for 5. He had losing conference records in three of those seven years and never won more than four conference games in the Big East. He won more than eight games in the regular season one time after they joined a conference (the year they rose into the top 5 and absolutely cratered down the stretch).

The very definition of meh.

I am no huge Leavitt lover, but crap man, he built it out of literally nothing.  That's very, very hard to do.

every time i type out j5m le4i77's name my words aut5corr8ct to me6ioc6e win los5 recor7s it's so weird.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 08, 2018, 12:11:08 PM »
crap.

None of these candidates seem very good to me anymore.  Oh well.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 08, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »
I’m just going to like whoever jrake tells me to at this point. There’s no use resisting.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 08, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »
This was posted on KSO....people did the whole "is this real" thing, and seems like they think it's real. Guy goes by the poster name refuse to lose.

Earlier today I wrote Gene Taylor an email summarizing my feelings on the potential Klieman hiring. I was cordial but firm in my feelings that he is not suited for a P5 job. A key point I made was that Gene took a demotion by leaving NDSU for Iowa to improve his resume in hopes of earning a P5 job. Why shouldn’t we hold Klieman to the same standard?

I wasn’t planning on sharing the emails but I think Gene’s reply is telling and one the board should see. ADGT reply is below:

refuse to lose,

Thanks very much for reaching out and sharing your concerns. Although contrary to popular belief we have not made a decision on our next football coach but we are close. We have outstanding candidates that we interviewed and all of them are excellent coaches that will be able to lead our program to outstanding snd long term success.

Just some points on Coach Klieman and his coaching ability. He was defensive coordinator at NDSU when NDSU came into LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium in 2013 and beat s pretty good Kansas State team. In 2014 his first year as the head coach at NDSU he went in his first game of the season and beat Iowa State 37-14 and shortly after that Kansas State beat Iowa State 32-28. This year we struggled to beat South Dakota 27-24 and NDSU beat them 52-14. In 2016 NDSU went into Iowa and beat a very good Iowa team very similarly to how they beat K State in 2013. So don’t sell any candidate short in their ability to coach as if you do that then there might be a great candidate that pulls out due to not being accepted even before a potential opportunity to even be offered the position.

Again, we are close to making a final decision but have not yet.

Sincerely,

Gene Taylor

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 08, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »
crap.

None of these candidates seem very good to me anymore.  Oh well.

It's for the best.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 08, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
This was posted on KSO....people did the whole "is this real" thing, and seems like they think it's real. Guy goes by the poster name refuse to lose.

Earlier today I wrote Gene Taylor an email summarizing my feelings on the potential Klieman hiring. I was cordial but firm in my feelings that he is not suited for a P5 job. A key point I made was that Gene took a demotion by leaving NDSU for Iowa to improve his resume in hopes of earning a P5 job. Why shouldn’t we hold Klieman to the same standard?

I wasn’t planning on sharing the emails but I think Gene’s reply is telling and one the board should see. ADGT reply is below:

refuse to lose,

Thanks very much for reaching out and sharing your concerns. Although contrary to popular belief we have not made a decision on our next football coach but we are close. We have outstanding candidates that we interviewed and all of them are excellent coaches that will be able to lead our program to outstanding snd long term success.

Just some points on Coach Klieman and his coaching ability. He was defensive coordinator at NDSU when NDSU came into LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium in 2013 and beat s pretty good Kansas State team. In 2014 his first year as the head coach at NDSU he went in his first game of the season and beat Iowa State 37-14 and shortly after that Kansas State beat Iowa State 32-28. This year we struggled to beat South Dakota 27-24 and NDSU beat them 52-14. In 2016 NDSU went into Iowa and beat a very good Iowa team very similarly to how they beat K State in 2013. So don’t sell any candidate short in their ability to coach as if you do that then there might be a great candidate that pulls out due to not being accepted even before a potential opportunity to even be offered the position.

Sincerely,

Gene Taylor
Hell yeah Gene. Mush those KSO fuckers

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 08, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
This was posted on KSO....people did the whole "is this real" thing, and seems like they think it's real.

:lol:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 08, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
If that's real, Klieman is our next coach
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 08, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
Watching NDSU handle 'Gate with really basic football isn't making me feel better about this level he is dominating.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1484 on: December 08, 2018, 12:29:09 PM »

let's hear it for transitive theory!

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: December 08, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

If that is real Gene should be fired for simply writing it, let alone actually hiring the guy.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 08, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

I’d not read that much into it. Remember, Taylor did hire the guy once, so he probably feels a little defensive under the onslaught in the first place.

But, if Kleinman is who ends up as a coach, Taylor will have to do a better selling job than that. And you have to repeat that selling job at every media event until we’re a bowl team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 08, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »
I don’t have a strong preference between leavitt and the Dakota guy. Both are equally deep into the burn it down end of the scale.

Please do a coaching search scale thread. rake is so far into my head I don’t know which way is up.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 08, 2018, 12:37:13 PM »
If we are going the NDSU route, and I don't want to, I'd rather have Bohl.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 08, 2018, 12:40:03 PM »

Bohl's resume is way better, even with the poor results at Wyoming.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 08, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »

Disagree

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 08, 2018, 12:42:59 PM »

Disagree

It’s the difference between 3-9 and 4-8.
Irrelevant, because you’re still at home when the Realignment Fairy comes calling.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 08, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
Tricky Bisons want us to take Klieman, and hire Bohl back after fired at Wyoming

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 08, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »

Disagree

It’s the difference between 3-9 and 4-8.
Irrelevant, because you’re still at home when the Realignment Fairy comes calling.

Jesus Christ shut up about realignment

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #1494 on: December 08, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »
There is absolutely no way that is an email from GT.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #1495 on: December 08, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
In my xp those replies are much more brief/dismissive

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 08, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »

refuse to lose,

Just some points on Coach Klieman and his coaching ability. He was defensive coordinator at NDSU when NDSU came into LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium in 2013 and beat s pretty good Kansas State team. In 2014 his first year as the head coach at NDSU he went in his first game of the season and beat Iowa State 37-14 and shortly after that Kansas State beat Iowa State 32-28. This year we struggled to beat South Dakota 27-24 and NDSU beat them 52-14. In 2016 NDSU went into Iowa and beat a very good Iowa team very similarly to how they beat K State in 2013. So don’t sell any candidate short in their ability to coach as if you do that then there might be a great candidate that pulls out due to not being accepted even before a potential opportunity to even be offered the position.

Sincerely,

Gene Taylor
Hell yeah Gene. Mush those KSO fuckers

only a kstate Ad would be impressed by a coach who beat ksu once and isu once. i can't imagine any other school would see those 2 wins as a reason to hire a coach.
tell me he beat OU or Clemson and you'll have my ear.
we are hiring a new coach for a reason. people are unhappy with our program. so having a win against a team no one thinks is very good is not very impressive
and we all know the reason they beat us has more to do with shiity ksu recruiting than fantastic NDSU recruiting

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 08, 2018, 01:22:13 PM »
That email is worse than when the Michigan got fired AD was responding to people telling them to quit drinking and go to bed. I hope it’s real.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 08, 2018, 01:34:50 PM »
gene gets testy with dude. :sdeek:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 08, 2018, 01:36:29 PM »
Lol. That email is from Santa Clause.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.