Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263974 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1300 on: December 07, 2018, 05:09:37 PM »
The thing I was most excited about for LittreLL was the Texas recruiting ties.  And the fact that his class at UNT was in the 40s nationally.  We need better players and I thought he might be able to deliver that. Can this Norvell guy recruit?

Rivals has Memphis ranked higher in each of the past few years. Way higher in some.  :surprised:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:11 PM »
Mike Norvell.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
I am looking forward to see which assistants stay so I can confirm which assistants were the dick faced losers.

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:43 PM »
He needs the power to decide who is on his staff... if he likes him keep him as DC. Reference to another post. LittreLL can recruit TX/OK which is why the admin wanted him #1. I can verify that for sure with my own ears. Norvell has recruited and coached in a harder conference. He has to be the number 2 choice. Besides BV but that’s not happening..

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: December 07, 2018, 05:13:03 PM »
The thing I was most excited about for LittreLL was the Texas recruiting ties.  And the fact that his class at UNT was in the 40s nationally.  We need better players and I thought he might be able to deliver that. Can this Norvell guy recruit?

Rivals has Memphis ranked higher in each of the past few years. Way higher in some.  :surprised:
:D

He has Texas ties. 

Just saw that Memphis has the 45th ranked class on Rivals.  Interest rising.

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 07, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
Reference that picture 1 he played college football.. 2 he can relate to the majority of his players. No more old school, we won’t win.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
Just saw Neal Browns/Troys 2019 recruiting class is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt and not in the top 100 nationally.  Interest lowering.

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 07, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »
Norvell plays a much harder schedule and is more proven. Brown looks good too.. his ties are more in AL which is very hard to recruit to Manhattan

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1309 on: December 07, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
Can any super sleuth discover why Norvell wasn't  hired by Arky? They interviewed but didn't offer as HC to replace Bret.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 07, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
It seems like we should find a walk on coach and diamond in the rough that guy

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 07, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »
Can any super sleuth discover why Norvell wasn't  hired by Arky? They interviewed but didn't offer as HC to replace Bret.
I don’t know that we need to be taking life advice from Arky

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 07, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »
I can’t answer that. But I’m so pissed off. I have connections at KSU at a high level and I am voicing my opinion and will share any feedback I receive. Which some should be on the way. Is anyone else tired of this not getting our number 1 guy???? If we want him, we have the money.. why not get him?? I want my kids (very soon) to go to KSU and go to football games.. who is tired of this?
I am, but all will be forgiven if a good hire is still made. CK or whoever and I'll be in BID and salt the earth mode.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1313 on: December 07, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
Norvell plays a much harder schedule and is more proven. Brown looks good too.. his ties are more in AL which is very hard to recruit to Manhattan

mods can we start banning people who get excited about coaches who take over already built programs and then achieve modest success in a small sample size?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 07, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »

mods can we start banning people who get excited about coaches who take over already built programs and then achieve modest success in a small sample size?

J Rake, his recruiting class is really good this year.  Do you factor recruiting into your coach rankings?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1315 on: December 07, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
I don’t know that we need to be taking life advice from Arky
Gotta be sitting on something significant if trash Arky passes.

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
Stan on 810 with KK

Army/Navy trivia and Roger Staubach love then coaching search...

Not worried about timeline.  This week, nect week.  Doesnt matter as decision  will impact next 10 years.  AD doing due diligence and conducting a methodical search.  He has no insider info but every confidence in AD

Candidates grade 0-100 Maybe this is a year where best candidate only grades an 87 v 97.

KK asked about Norvell.  Stan brings up Darrell Ray Dickey (played at KState, dad was HC) who was Memphis OC before going to aTm,  DRD really.likes him but that was two years ago when they last talked.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 07, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »

:D

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 07, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »
I can’t answer that. But I’m so pissed off. I have connections at KSU at a high level and I am voicing my opinion and will share any feedback I receive. Which some should be on the way. Is anyone else tired of this not getting our number 1 guy???? If we want him, we have the money.. why not get him?? I want my kids (very soon) to go to KSU and go to football games.. who is tired of this?

By #1 do you mean Venables? No one on here was actually excited about LittreLL until Pete reported it was happening.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 07, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
Gambling

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1320 on: December 07, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
Stan on 810 with KK

Not worried about timeline.  This week, nect week.  Doesnt matter as decision  will impact next 10 years. 

lol does this guy pay attention to college football? 84 schools have changed coaches in the last three years.

13 coaches (out of 130) have stayed at the same job for a decade, mainly because most of them are the best in the history of the school they coach: saban, cutcliffe, dabo, dantonio, fitzgerald, patterson, etc.

unless gene hires babers, we'll be doing this coach search thing again by 2022.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1321 on: December 07, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »
Gambling
Thanks

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 07, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
Stan on 810 with KK

Not worried about timeline.  This week, nect week.  Doesnt matter as decision  will impact next 10 years. 

lol does this guy pay attention to college football? 84 schools have changed coaches in the last three years.

13 coaches (out of 130) have stayed at the same job for a decade, mainly because most of them are the best in the history of the school they coach: saban, cutcliffe, dabo, dantonio, fitzgerald, patterson, etc.

unless gene hires babers, we'll be doing this coach search thing again by 2022.

Even a 3 year coach can have a 10 year impact.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 07, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
Stan on 810 with KK

Army/Navy trivia and Roger Staubach love then coaching search...

Not worried about timeline.  This week, nect week.  Doesnt matter as decision  will impact next 10 years.  AD doing due diligence and conducting a methodical search.  He has no insider info but every confidence in AD

Candidates grade 0-100 Maybe this is a year where best candidate only grades an 87 v 97.

KK asked about Norvell.  Stan brings up Darrell Ray Dickey (played at KState, dad was HC) who was Memphis OC before going to aTm,  DRD really.likes him but that was two years ago when they last talked.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:facepalm:  of course he did

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 07, 2018, 05:50:50 PM »
Mike Norvell.

This pic says 1000 words and they’re all good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.