Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263929 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1125 on: December 07, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »
The meltdown at KSO makes this all sort of worth it.

I'm sure the brown parade is in full meltdown mode, I haven't been over there yet, but there's nothing more small-timey than giving Graham Harrell over a million dollars to be an offensive coordinator. I also want no part of an entire C*USA staff, that's stupid. The staff should have been a mixture of his guys, guys currently here, and guys from somewhere else. It would also be worrisome if he had the ability to bring his whole staff. If they are so successful wouldn't one of them be in line to get the UNT job and at least one of the position coaches be in line to get promoted to a coordinator?

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 07, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »
The speed with which this crap is coming out about LittreLL seems to be his camp leaking/covering his ass.  I don't think broadcasting to his players/recruits that he was on the verge of leaving is beneficial to his North Texas program.  I think its an effort to pretend like he turned us down and not the other way around to help his own image.

None of this is to say that we are going to make a better hire.

This 100%. Gene could have been a dick, but he let Snyder “retire” and Seth save face.

Though if I were a North Texas fan I wouldn’t be too excited about a guy who was going to leave the cupboard bare.

I'll echo this point for UNT. Not that we care, but....I've been watching the UNT boards (and a few others) lots over the last few days. The fan base online (limited, mind you) turned VERY ugly on SL very quickly. Most of it was sour grapes, but it was shocking nonetheless. Makes me thankful for our fanbase. We've got our assholes, but we're generally all unified around wanting the best for K-States (not that we don't have our trolls even on this thread). The UNT boards were widespread in their vitriol quickly.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
Stuff:

1.  We will know by the end of the week who our coach is.

2.  Part of Bill's deal was that Sean gets to stay on as a coach. 

3.  Sounds like it's between CK and SL.  The Sean deal could be sticking point in the process......

4.  Was told that BV wasn't a real candidate and they didn't offer him.

Source  A++

Might not have been that far off after all.....
@mikec2w

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 07, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1129 on: December 07, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »
Strut Xoco strut.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 07, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 07, 2018, 12:09:50 PM »
http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-state-zeroing-chris-klieman/

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If Kleiman is hired I'm done. The purple is going in the trash and I'll never give another second of fucks about this program or school.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 07, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
If the cats hire kliemann I’m going all in on Les Miles

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #1133 on: December 07, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »

Tom

If Kleiman is hired I'm done. The purple is going in the trash and I'll never give another second of fucks about this program or school.

Big Willy doesn't like to WIN    got it..
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #1134 on: December 07, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »

Tom

Big Willy doesn't like to WIN    got it..

See previous Craig Bohl conversations

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 07, 2018, 12:32:56 PM »
I REALLY hope they leaked the Kleineman rumors just to make us feel better about Leavitt.
NOBODY else wants leavitt.
Why should we want a coach nobody else wants?
That is exactly how we recruit players and we see how great that has worked out.
Leavitt is boring hire we should have kept snyder until we had a great hire in hand

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 07, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 07, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »

I'm sure the brown parade is in full meltdown mode, I haven't been over there yet, but there's nothing more small-timey than giving Graham Harrell over a million dollars to be an offensive coordinator. I also want no part of an entire C*USA staff, that's stupid. The staff should have been a mixture of his guys, guys currently here, and guys from somewhere else. It would also be worrisome if he had the ability to bring his whole staff. If they are so successful wouldn't one of them be in line to get the UNT job and at least one of the position coaches be in line to get promoted to a coordinator?

i agree with all of your take but what you didn't address was the rumor that sean is being forced into the new staff  by bill.
it's one thing to say that SL couldn't bring his entire staff up and it's another to dictate particular members of his staff who happen to share the last name as the guy who the stadium is named after.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1138 on: December 07, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »
I REALLY hope they leaked the Kleineman rumors just to make us feel better about Leavitt.
NOBODY else wants leavitt.
Why should we want a coach nobody else wants?
That is exactly how we recruit players and we see how great that has worked out.
Leavitt is boring hire we should have kept snyder until we had a great hire in hand

1. Nobody wants CK, so that’s a wash.

2. We were never going to have a great hire in hand because Snyder refused to make this a smooth transition. If he wasn’t so stubborn/borderline senile he could have said at the beginning of the season this is his last one and we could have actually locked up a contract before this week.

3. I’ll take the guy with P5 connections who can recruit. If we suck for 3 years, THEN we can fire him and hire the next up and commer on a timeline that actually makes sense.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 07, 2018, 12:53:26 PM »

Tom

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 07, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »
realize this is the 'go off' site, but people really need to grow a pair, understand they have little information to judge, and trust in gene.  :thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 07, 2018, 01:00:18 PM »

i agree with all of your take but what you didn't address was the rumor that sean is being forced into the new staff  by bill.
it's one thing to say that SL couldn't bring his entire staff up and it's another to dictate particular members of his staff who happen to share the last name as the guy who the stadium is named after.

First of all, I'm not holding Bill responsible for any of this. IF Bill made that demand, good for him for looking out for his kid. IF the demand was made and Gene Taylor honored it, that should be a fireable offense, although I'd probably think that he got word from one or more people with influence that they're good with keeping Sean. If I'm an incoming coach, I want no part of any administration forcing me to keep a particular coach. I think it's perfectly in bounds for Gene to strongly recommend keeping a couple of guys, that's different than a requirement.

All that being said if I'm a new coach, I'd absolutely want Sean Snyder as my special teams coach.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 07, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »
realize this is the 'go off' site, but people really need to grow a pair, understand they have little information to judge, and trust in gene.  :thumbsup:

Hygiene!
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 07, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »

I don't know what you mean by go off site, but you'll find far more diversity of ideas here than on gpc, kso, the K-State salute, or wherever the hell else you're gathering information.

Offline ksu_mpa

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 07, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »
It is also conceivable that the new coach wanted to pay all of his assistants  very well.  Perhaps, too well...

Maybe this is the entourage topic mentioned previously.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 07, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »
I think MIR is right on. There’s a big difference between an AD saying “here are the people you have to include on your staff” and an AD saying “Oh, so your plan as a P5 head coach is to bring an entire G5 staff who has only been moderately successful in CUSA? Well thanks so much for your time we’ll be sure to give you a call if we need anything else.”

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 07, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »
@Blackcats

What are your understandings of the timeline you posted.    KSA approved a contract at 4pm Thrusday for LittreLL?    And after that he bailed?    Was it because the contract KSA approved wasn't what he asked for?   Or he just had second thoughts?   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 07, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »

First of all, I'm not holding Bill responsible for any of this. IF Bill made that demand, good for him for looking out for his kid. IF the demand was made and Gene Taylor honored it, that should be a fireable offense, although I'd probably think that he got word from one or more people with influence that they're good with keeping Sean. If I'm an incoming coach, I want no part of any administration forcing me to keep a particular coach. I think it's perfectly in bounds for Gene to strongly recommend keeping a couple of guys, that's different than a requirement.

All that being said if I'm a new coach, I'd absolutely want Sean Snyder as my special teams coach.

the point is that the demand that Sean would need to stay on is a giant red flag for any incoming coach.  The "following a legend" issue is one thing, it's entirely something else when the legend hasn't really moved on and he's positioned to unduly influence what is supposedly your program.

lastly, there are a lot of ways for Bill to look out for his kid without further burdening the k-state football program. and my point has nothing to do with the quality of coach that sean is. 

bill needs to understand that our program does not belong to him regardless of what he thinks he sees through his cataract filled eyes.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 07, 2018, 01:08:31 PM »
I think MIR is right on. There’s a big difference between an AD saying “here are the people you have to include on your staff” and an AD saying “Oh, so your plan as a P5 head coach is to bring an entire G5 staff who has only been moderately successful in CUSA? Well thanks so much for your time we’ll be sure to give you a call if we need anything else.”

I mean thats pretty much debunked in that Graham Harrell took the OC job at WVU last night right?    If he was part of the entire posse moving I don't see him bailing that fast.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 07, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »
Mike Norvell of Memphis the new news.