Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263976 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #925 on: December 06, 2018, 11:05:17 AM »
What’s stupid is if we have determined to hire LittreLL and don’t already have him recruiting for us. Maybe Gene is playing the field, but there is no reason to delay an announcement unless (1) it’s not a done deal, or (2) it is a done deal and he specifically requested there be no announcement until after their bowl game (like a Scott Frost type thing).

So unless you’re some idiot who thinks Pete was wrong and recklessly put the entire reputation of gE at risk on a whim, it’s obviously #2.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 06, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
Why does timing matter all that much. This class is probably not all that important in the grand scheme of things.

One thing I don’t understand is the entourage issue, feel like it can’t really be money related. Anybody want to help me out.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:51 AM »
Let's keep in mind how SL handles his departure from UNT is a reflection of what we'll experience on our end if/when he departs here down the road.

I get that we're anxious, but it's a good character trait to handle the transition in a positive, respectful and professional way....for both the 'winning' and 'losing' program.

Assuming this all shakes out as we anticipate, it's been a great testament to ADGT, Meyers, and LittreLL. *Fingers crossed* I've not jinxed us.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 06, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »
Why does timing matter all that much. This class is probably not all that important in the grand scheme of things.

One thing I don’t understand is the entourage issue, feel like it can’t really be money related. Anybody want to help me out.
it better not be about the money.......Gene should know you give your top target what they want.......if it doesn't work out down the road, fine, fire him.....but you don't sabotage or cripple his ability to put together the staff he wants on the front end.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »
man it's quiet........just check in with my Vanier source......said it is eerie over there.  :impatient:

At this point, I'm very interested in knowing what the hold up is.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #930 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »

it better not be about the money.......Gene should know you give your top target what they want.......if it doesn't work out down the road, fine, fire him.....but you don't sabotage or cripple his ability to put together the staff he wants on the front end.

It can’t really be about money. The elephant in the room is this hire and the next 4-5 years is critical going into the next round if realignment. We’re going to continue to see a flurry of activity around facilities upgrades and program upgrades to keep us attractive. Why do you think KU is spending money on football suddenly? They know they could get left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
If it were me, I’d have a lot of trouble being sincere with recruits if I knew there was a 90% chance I wouldn’t be there next year but couldn’t really talk about it yet. I’d think you would rather knock out the contract first. Then you can still talk up how great the UNT program/fans are and how the recruits will be in good hands going forward, etc. Right now it’s just a distraction for everyone.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
If you can't lie to a recruit knowing fully you are lying to that recruit, well then, I just don't want you as a football coach.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 06, 2018, 11:22:48 AM »
I’m assuming that’s what all good coaches do. Just wouldn’t call it positive, respectful, etc.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 06, 2018, 11:26:33 AM »
If you can't lie to a recruit knowing fully you are lying to that recruit, well then, I just don't want you as a football coach.

Let's pretend you're talking about exaggerations or white lies, 'cause if you're talking about serious stuff, not only can you quickly run afoul of the NCAA, but your credibility, and your program, is quickly shot.

So...yeah. Funny joke.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #935 on: December 06, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »
Guys, in the end it's about money.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 06, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
Guys, in the end it's about money.

Not a K-State guy, all he cares about is money not the FAMILY! Get Wolford on the phone!!!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 06, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

Let's pretend you're talking about exaggerations or white lies, 'cause if you're talking about serious stuff, not only can you quickly run afoul of the NCAA, but your credibility, and your program, is quickly shot.

So...yeah. Funny joke.

It's been a couple years.....is this what's up now?

I mean, Pete takes forever to deliver now and NCAA afoulness is something taken seriously?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
Let's keep in mind how SL handles his departure from UNT is a reflection of what we'll experience on our end if/when he departs here down the road.

I get that we're anxious, but it's a good character trait to handle the transition in a positive, respectful and professional way....for both the 'winning' and 'losing' program.

Assuming this all shakes out as we anticipate, it's been a great testament to ADGT, Meyers, and LittreLL. *Fingers crossed* I've not jinxed us.

thats my point on the OV I guess.   I'd like to think that if SL has a deal in place today he didn't do an inhome Wednesday and schedule an OV for Saturday.     

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:33 AM »

lmao. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 06, 2018, 11:41:02 AM »

the incoming class that this coach will for sure (unless he's all Turner Gilly) see through their entire career here isn't important?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 06, 2018, 11:53:46 AM »

the incoming class that this coach will for sure (unless he's all Turner Gilly) see through their entire career here isn't important?

It isn’t going to be a very good class either way. The next class should leap frog that class on the depth chart. If not there are bigger problems. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 06, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »
lmao

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 06, 2018, 11:56:52 AM »

It isn’t going to be a very good class either way. The next class should leap frog that class on the depth chart. If not there are bigger problems.

well of course, you want your recruiting to improve each year, but if we can flip a few kids now, that will be crucial for the next couple of years.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 06, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »
One thing is for sure, I don’t want Mean Gene hiring some dumbass coach who thinks he can just skip recruiting this year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 06, 2018, 12:04:04 PM »

So...yeah. Funny joke.

I mean, Pete takes forever to deliver now and NCAA afoulness is something taken seriously?

WadeRam just started posting this week.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 06, 2018, 12:06:42 PM »

So...yeah. Funny joke.

WadeRam just started posting this week.

Not sure where you're going with that but....nah. I lost my prior login and associated e-mail address / profile when I moved from Denver to Boise last year. So instead of trying in vain to remember it all, I just created another user account.
Didn't miss much. The last 16 months wasn't worth comment. Ha.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »

well of course, you want your recruiting to improve each year, but if we can flip a few kids now, that will be crucial for the next couple of years.

So it seems like Norwood and Sieler have couple recruits tied to their hip if they stay aboard. Seth can bring 5-6ish of his top UNT commits. Hopefully part of his new staff can bring on some commits too. That probably can get the singing day class to about 20.

All this can be done if things get wrapped up in a week. So I don’t think timing is super important, yet. But still the class would consist of K-State’s current recruits plus C-USA recurits. So not very good.

But yes, there is a chance to sign 3-5 kids that are above this level if things can get wrapped up soon. But I don’t think that makes or breaks anything.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:24:24 PM by Mixed-Nutz »

Offline FlyingWorm

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 06, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
Greetings all,

I am a North Texas fan, graduate, etc., and I come in peace.

I've rather enjoyed jumping back and forth between the message boards over the last couple weeks (love a good coaching carousel even if my coach is in the middle of it), and I thought I'd throw some info I'm hearing into the hat.

The biggest things this morning is from some UNT boosters and recruiting - as I'm sure most of you know, there was a big silence from SL last week when all this fired up that's largely continued until last night, when he hit the recruiting trail again. According to a few recruits I follow on Twitter and people I have RTing them, they've suddenly ramped up scheduling official visits again (a few this weekend and into early next week). So whatever SL has in his brain, it appears he's at least trying to help NT recruiting through at least next week (our bowl game is next Saturday).

This one you can take with a grain of salt, as it's very "I heard this from this person who heard it from this person" - but word is out from the Dallas Country Club SL is a part of (along with a good number of NT boosters) that he either had an offer finalized from KState, or there were talks but nothing formal was ever put forth, and it was either rejected or he's going to be mulling over it for awhile longer.

Take it as you wish.

#GMG and #EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 06, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
Honestly the kids he’s recruiting to NT are as good or better than what Snyder and friends were recruiting to kstate this year.  He’s selling himself and his program not really the school. I assume he can just get the ones he really wants to flip their commitment. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best