Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 101492 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2018, 06:29:36 AM »
You realize that “lie” would DQ pretty much every judge in the country?

why would pretty much every other judge in the country lie about knowing of koz's sexual harassment if it's common knowledge?

They don’t have to lie. If you assume everyone knew it was going on, then when asked about it, there are only two outcomes: (1) they deny it, making them liars; or (2) they “admit” it, making them accomplices.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2018, 06:35:18 AM »
FBI already conducted a background check on Kav.

it's very odd that you conceive of a background check as having a finite end.

Why is that odd? Pretty much everything has a finite end. And even if you don’t believe that, I think we can all agree that the FBI has finite resources.

FWIW my understanding is that they did add the allegation to Kav’s file once they were made aware of it.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2018, 06:37:38 AM »
Talk about passion for politics.... willing to publicly wreck their lives to lie about sexual assault.....and have the wherewithal to tell her therapist about it in 2012 to backstop the story.

And yet refuses to testify

ford is not refusing to testify.  her request that the fbi investigate first is perfectly rational and fair.

Would have been more rational to make the request when the FBI was beginning it’s work. Either in July or even 2006 when he was being confirmed.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
Also, if I knew my story was true, I’d be calling for the investigation but I’d also want to MAKE Kav testify under oath in response before that investigation concludes.

It’s a lot easier to manipulate your testimony when you know the universe of information (and hence which lies you cannot get caught in).

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2018, 08:37:26 AM »
Everyone was raping everyone back then

not everyone.  just the students at georgetown prep, save gorsuch who everyone derided as some sort of hemophiliac nerd, according to, ahem - concurrent students at gtown prep and women who interacted with them then.

Like this lady or the 60+ other women that support BK? This mob mentality thing the left has going needs to be stopped, and the Dems are 100% culpable.

Welp

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/20/649787076/kavanaugh-accuser-classmate-that-it-happened-or-not-i-have-no-idea
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
Also, if I knew my story was true, I’d be calling for the investigation but I’d also want to MAKE Kav testify under oath in response before that investigation concludes.

It’s a lot easier to manipulate your testimony when you know the universe of information (and hence which lies you cannot get caught in).

Her story isn't true. She's a crazy person that sees a shrink for god's sake.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
Where, as here, a sexual assault has been alleged against an individual nominated for a lifetime appointment in a position of public trust, a partisan hearing alone cannot be the forum to determine the truth of the matter. Allegations of sexual assault require a neutral factfinder and an investigation that can ascertain facts fairly.  Those at the FBI or others tasked with such an investigation must have adequate time to investigate facts. Fair process requires evidence from all parties with direct knowledge and consultation of experts when evaluating such evidence.

https://twitter.com/akapczynski/status/1043159448057987072

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Now scorned by the FBI, who refused to investigate a 35yr old crime that allegedly occured somehlwhere sometime, the libtards reach into academia who not so subtley conditions their outrage on a fictional "partisan panel".  :ROFL:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Not response worthy.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2018, 01:37:47 PM »
Neutral fact finder? They’re calling for Kav to be put on trial?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2018, 01:40:21 PM »
They don’t have to lie. If you assume everyone knew it was going on, then when asked about it, there are only two outcomes: (1) they deny it, making them liars; or (2) they “admit” it, making them accomplices.

admitting it doesn't make them accomplices.  lying about it does make them liars.  it's pretty stupid to lie about something that is common knowledge.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
Why is that odd? Pretty much everything has a finite end. And even if you don’t believe that, I think we can all agree that the FBI has finite resources.

FWIW my understanding is that they did add the allegation to Kav’s file once they were made aware of it.

"yes, it does appear that the nominee went on a killing rampage last night, but i'm afraid the background check is done.  we've already sent in the paperwork and everything."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »
Would have been more rational to make the request when the FBI was beginning it’s work. Either in July or even 2006 when he was being confirmed.

she didn't get her accusation off before the buzzer.  tough luck for her, but you can't have a sport without rules.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

if i knew my story was true, i'd want the fbi to interview all of the people that were present at the event, and i'd want want them to do it before anyone released public testimony that might influence their memories.

coincidentally, that's also what i'd want if i was an impartial observer trying to follow best practices in order to find out what happened.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »
it was a savvy move by the Democrats but I think Kavanaugh will cross the goal line soon.  Should make trump think harder next time.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2018, 01:53:47 PM »
not everyone.  just the students at georgetown prep, save gorsuch who everyone derided as some sort of hemophiliac nerd, according to, ahem - concurrent students at gtown prep and women who interacted with them then.

Like this lady.

yes, pretty much exactly like that woman, who heard the allegation and thought - that sounds exactly like what i recall happening, therefore i believe it did happen and then rethought and realized she didn't have firsthand knowledge that it happened and shouldn't state that it did happen, but still thinks it probably happened because it was completely in character with her memories of the time.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2018, 02:13:07 PM »
Lots of murders in Chicago. That’s why whenever I hear someone accused of murder in Chicago I think, yep that seems consistent with my expectations.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2018, 02:22:02 PM »
Lots of murders in Chicago. That’s why whenever I hear someone accused of murder in Chicago I think, yep that seems consistent with my expectations.

firsthand accounts from gtown prep students and people that associated with them is pretty different from citywide reputation for violent crime, 'ophe.  i mean, kavanough's friend who was allegedly present during the assault wrote an entire rough ridin' book detailing his prep school debauchery.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
If you think my argument was based on the credibility of the reputation of the culture, you missed the point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »

admitting it doesn't make them accomplices.  lying about it does make them liars.  it's pretty stupid to lie about something that is common knowledge.

Would you support confirmation of a judge who knew that dude was sexually harassing people but didn’t do anything about it like report the behavior? I wouldn’t. “Everyone else knew” is a pretty lame defense when you’re talking about the dignity or even safety of individuals.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »

"yes, it does appear that the nominee went on a killing rampage last night, but i'm afraid the background check is done.  we've already sent in the paperwork and everything."

Give me a second while I head over to the new goalpost location.

...if you believe this is an issue about investigating a 30+ year old crime, it seems that local authorities are in a much better position to do that.

And, again, they DID add the new allegations to the file.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »
Just thinking back to that time Kavvy said he spent $200,000 on "baseball tickets."  ;)