Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106226 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There will also be zero discussion as to the root cause of the latest migration.  Nor will there be any discussion about how the current administration is simply playing into the hands of some of the worst people on the planet.

Sad

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1301 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:06 AM »
Who hosts the infomercial for Joe Biden’s Migrant Facility for Children?

For just $1.25 a day. you can support . . . 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s just like summer camp!!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can someone translate what Dax is talking about please.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why is everything so hard for you?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

He thinks these are the same as the dog kennels trump was using
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well if he actually read the article, that he clearly didn't because he would have linked it instead of screenshotting tweets, one of which does a poor job of making the point he wants to make. It is an interesting view on Biden apparently not keeping a campaign promise, and I think the Washington Post inadvertently provided a commentary on the media framing of immigrant children who are detained. This was an interesting passage for me
Weber said the facilities received a bad rap under the Trump administration because many people associated them with the detention centers run by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. But the children always received good care and that never wavered between administrations, he said.

Anyway, if you want to take a look at one of these centers that has been open for 11 years, check this out. It is a very different view of the people in cages media narrative that we were inundated with the last four years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/immigrant-children-camp-texas-biden/2021/02/22/05dfd58c-7533-11eb-8115-9ad5e9c02117_story.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's difficult talking with people who continually deny that their heroes were the ones who not only built the cages, put people in those cages, but also laid the groundwork for existing immigration policy which hyper partisan lemmings supposedly hate.

It's also fascinating to watch people read one of their chief mouthpiece publications and believe the pillow soft propaganda and sanitizing of the situation that publication does to protect its political constituency.

It's also sad to see the current administration not only espousing a contraian policy which plays straight into the hands of the worst people on the planet but also does nothing to work on the root cause of some of the migration.  On top of the fact that this is nowhere close to the number of people the previous administration had to deal with at the border.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only thing in the article that bothered me is that the average kid is in one of those facilities for more than 40 days. They need to get that under 20 days. Biden has only been president for about 30 days, so there is some hope that things will get better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only thing in the article that bothered me is that the average kid is in one of those facilities for more than 40 days. They need to get that under 20 days. Biden has only been president for about 30 days, so there is some hope that things will get better.

The facility on its own or the reason for it's existence isn't terribly problematic, the issue for me is that this facility has existed for 11 years and it's purpose seemingly hasn't changed in that time. One, it's pretty clear media hypocrisy, and two, unless I missed something the purpose of the facility is the same now as it was a year ago. That should be a facility that is now used to start the process of the path to citizenship and it doesn't appear as if this is the case.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The article made it clear that the kids who are currently being directed to it arrive unaccompanied. They have to go somewhere. If we were still separating families and sending the kids to facilities like this, that would be a problem. The government has to identify the people who are supposed to care for the kids and make sure those people can provide a safe home.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The article made it clear that the kids who are currently being directed to it arrive unaccompanied. They have to go somewhere. If we were still separating families and sending the kids to facilities like this, that would be a problem. The government has to identify the people who are supposed to care for the kids and make sure those people can provide a safe home.

Right, it also made it clear that it has been used for that purpose for 11 years. It shouldn't be looked at in the same light as the separation facilities that we saw back in 2018. It also made it quite clear that all three administrations have done everything they can to skirt more stringent state regulations.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Thought that was the Seinfeld dress for a second.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m not sure I had heard him speak before. His voice is more punchable than his face.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
WASHINGTON—The number of unaccompanied immigrant children arrested for crossing the U.S. southern border illegally is on pace to rise more than 50% in February compared with the previous month, people familiar with the matter said, raising the prospect of a humanitarian crisis there.

About 2,200 children have been illegally crossing the border weekly in February, and the pace is picking up as the month progresses, some of the people said. The government is projecting that about 9,000 children will be taken into custody by the end of February.

You go Joe!!!   :Woot: :Woot:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
I guess I don't understand the point you are making here.

Unaccompanied minors are a unique challenge that need to be handled humanely.

Forcefully separating families as a deterrent is what people were critical of

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
I guess I don't understand the point you are making here.

Unaccompanied minors are a unique challenge that need to be handled humanely.

Forcefully separating families as a deterrent is what people were critical of
Yes. It's so disingenuous to compare the two but it's also not surprising at all.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Ha!!!  Figured the O'Harristards would willfully pass over "arrested" in the news.  Where the previous admin. failed by keeping them in Meh-he-co, the O'Harris admin. came through in spades.  Oh the sweet tears of underage perps and it's only getting started.  :gocho:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What's the "O" in O'Harris?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Obummer

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1367511294350422021?s=20

"Millions of Americans love their insurance and don't want to see it changed." What a rough ridin' joke, that we tolerate this as a country.

There are people, lots of people, who is giving that little girl money for this, but are perfectly okay with the fact that we're in the situation that she has to do it. Why are people okay with it? Because insurance companies pay hundreds of millions of dollars to convince politicians to tell people total bullshit that makes them act against our own interests of keeping our children alive. In 2018 our government spent $14 Billion on Pork projects alone while we have little kids selling lemonade to pay for their own brain surgeries.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Maybe that little girl should vote with her feet and get a job with better benefits.