Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 107959 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i dunno about ice, but tons of border patrol agents are mexican-american.  i mean, the jobs are on the border.  outside of probably san diego (and maybe tucson, if you consider that on the border), all of the towns and cities along the border are majority mexican-american.

This series takes place nationwide, they do follow a couple of story lines in El Paso but most of the first two episodes took place in New York and Maryland.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Through four episodes of Immigration Nation and it's very obvious that trump is the least of the issues when it comes to our immigration issues. ICE is filled with racists who are breaking up families for no particular reason at all. I can't imagine how these ICE agents behave off camera when they act like the way they do on camera. We have a federal agency that exists solely to deputize bigots and to feed the for profit prison system.

Democrats are far from exempt from this. At best most are guilty of not doing crap, others lie just as much as the ICE agents do.

I was completely in the dark about how abhorrent the immigration problem is in this country. It's our current black eye. The current immigration policy sits right next to slavery in ignominy. Watch this documentary and if you still feel apathetic I feel comfortable calling you a racist monster. I don't know what I'm going to do, but as an American that actually has pride and expectations of this country, I'm going too do something.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it less about policy and more about personal interactions? Lil bit of both?

Both. What's interesting are the times they discuss policy then either an agent or a suit will flat out lie on camera about said policy. Three examples of this is.
1. ICE cannot enter your home without permission so then they go on to show ice agents blatantly breaking this law while discussing doing so.
2. One of the suits said that it isn't ICE making these decisions but judges, ICE only carries out their orders. Then the filmmakers show that immigration judges aren't allowed to render actual judgments, they are required to do whatever they are told to do. Immigration judges aren't a part of the judicial branch, they are in the executive branch.
3. In a press conference about a municipality kicking ICE out of a municipality a Homeland Security official knowingly lied about how many "criminal aliens" they detained. He was told that the number of detainees with a criminal record was under 50%, in the press conference they called he gave that percentage as 91%, the percent they had when they were allowed to detain from the county jail.

These things are way way way far down the list of infuriating things on this documentary.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it less about policy and more about personal interactions? Lil bit of both?

Both. What's interesting are the times they discuss policy then either an agent or a suit will flat out lie on camera about said policy. Three examples of this is.
1. ICE cannot enter your home without permission so then they go on to show ice agents blatantly breaking this law while discussing doing so.
2. One of the suits said that it isn't ICE making these decisions but judges, ICE only carries out their orders. Then the filmmakers show that immigration judges aren't allowed to render actual judgments, they are required to do whatever they are told to do. Immigration judges aren't a part of the judicial branch, they are in the executive branch.
3. In a press conference about a municipality kicking ICE out of a municipality a Homeland Security official knowingly lied about how many "criminal aliens" they detained. He was told that the number of detainees with a criminal record was under 50%, in the press conference they called he gave that percentage as 91%, the percent they had when they were allowed to detain from the county jail.

These things are way way way far down the list of infuriating things on this documentary.

https://twitter.com/Haleaziz/status/1290371687934959616

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1256 on: September 10, 2020, 05:38:40 PM »
i'm not sure if this bounces back post-trump.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1304109378648371203
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1257 on: September 10, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »
i'm not sure if this bounces back post-trump.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1304109378648371203

Do they need an F1 if they're doing e-learning from home?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 10, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
they aren't allowed to stay in the country if they don't have some sort of in-person instruction.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 10, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
Honestly I’ve never seen anyone use the word hegemony outside of Dax
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: September 10, 2020, 08:25:48 PM »
they aren't allowed to stay in the country if they don't have some sort of in-person instruction.

My point is that alot of international students are taking online courses in their home country so would that be why the number of F1 visas is so low. I honestly don't know if incoming students and/or continuing students have an F1 or maintain their F1 if they're taking classes outside of the country. Also, in the lawsuit against the government this past summer they ruled that they could stay in the country even if their courses were all online.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 10, 2020, 08:37:01 PM »

I thought they backtracked on that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 10, 2020, 10:05:48 PM »
in the lawsuit against the government this past summer they ruled that they could stay in the country even if their courses were all online.

i thought they backtracked on that

apparently so.  good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »
If that's true those responsible should be executed, and I'm not kidding either.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 14, 2020, 04:45:21 PM »
What in the eff

:frown:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
UPDATE, 7:59 p.m.: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has responded to this story with a statement that said, generally speaking, “anonymous, unproven allegations, made without any fact-checkable specifics” should be treated with skepticism. The agency said it takes “all allegations seriously” and defers to the DHS Office of Inspector General.

Seems like it's probably true. :frown:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
people need to go to jail.  i hope voters will pressure the biden administration to make sure this happens.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Trump using the Obama era Geo-Relocaton and repatriation strategy?  I hope not.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think Trump left the bar low enough that as long as Biden permanently separates fewer than 500 kids from their parents his immigration policy will be a massive success.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think Trump left the bar low enough that as long as Biden permanently separates fewer than 500 kids from their parents his immigration policy will be a massive success.
Joe should stand on a stage in Arizona like Obama and his DHS guy did and tell immigrants they’re going no further. 

Only a few pro immigration people noticed back then and so it will be the same now.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think you quoted the wrong post

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think you quoted the wrong post

Nah.  I just forgot you're always a little slow.