Author Topic: The State of Our Union  (Read 10095 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The State of Our Union
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
i switched from employer sponsored insurance to buying insurance from the individual markets last year.  basically no difference.  i pay a little less now, but get slightly less coverage.  it's very comparable.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2018, 03:35:04 PM »
Probably shouldn’t have passed a law requiring insurance to cover preexisting conditions, huh? Also, insurance premiums were exploding regardless of the individual mandate because not nearly enough young, healthy people were buying insurance, mandate be damned.

And not to quibble, but the primary aim of Obamacare was always expanding Medicaid. It has been marvelously “successful” (at running up massive costs) in that regard.

Democrats rammed this crap bill through, and it’s gonna get worse until they join with Pubs to fix the mess they made. By contrast, Pubs rammed through tax reform, which I suspect is going to be hugely popular.

Most of America has no idea how much Obamacare has mumped up insurance coverage for people that are not covered by the gov't or their employer (which is most of America).  For those people like myself who actually have to purchase our own insurance....my wife and son and i are on our 4th different provider in 4 years and pay around 3X what we were paying 5 years ago for less coverage and a much higher deductible.  It's basically a month long process (on the phone) each time our provider decides they aren't going to cover our "area" any longer.  It's a way bigger mess than most people realize.

That may all be true, to which the Dems would respond: “eff you.” Obamacare was designed to expand Medicaid and further degrade the private insurance model. It is a despicable law rammed through by despicable people and is still being defended by these folks. Until the pubs get more reinforcements or Dems finally come to the table, it’s going to be hard to undo the damage.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
Fake News!  It was the most watched SOTU speech in the history of time!

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/958815213612134405

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2018, 03:39:15 PM »
46 million people is a lot of people....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
Probably shouldn’t have passed a law requiring insurance to cover preexisting conditions, huh? Also, insurance premiums were exploding regardless of the individual mandate because not nearly enough young, healthy people were buying insurance, mandate be damned.

And not to quibble, but the primary aim of Obamacare was always expanding Medicaid. It has been marvelously “successful” (at running up massive costs) in that regard.

Democrats rammed this crap bill through, and it’s gonna get worse until they join with Pubs to fix the mess they made. By contrast, Pubs rammed through tax reform, which I suspect is going to be hugely popular.

Most of America has no idea how much Obamacare has mumped up insurance coverage for people that are not covered by the gov't or their employer (which is most of America).  For those people like myself who actually have to purchase our own insurance....my wife and son and i are on our 4th different provider in 4 years and pay around 3X what we were paying 5 years ago for less coverage and a much higher deductible.  It's basically a month long process (on the phone) each time our provider decides they aren't going to cover our "area" any longer.  It's a way bigger mess than most people realize.

That may all be true, to which the Dems would respond: “eff you.” Obamacare was designed to expand Medicaid and further degrade the private insurance model. It is a despicable law rammed through by despicable people and is still being defended by these folks. Until the pubs get more reinforcements or Dems finally come to the table, it’s going to be hard to undo the damage.

If anyone speaks for Democrats, it's K-S-U

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
No one will ever beat Obama's numbers though.  People loved to watch that cat

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »
I def would have watched last night if it was Obama
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »
Also lol @ kdub still banging that "rammed through" drum  :lol:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2018, 02:19:12 AM »
  Who else thought that Korean guy was going to smoke the lady next to him in the face with those crutches he was fist pumping?   :emawkid: Also I had a :surprised: moment when that cops wife quickly removed her hooter hider.  Then the way she was holding the baby not so securely while standing near the railing.  :ohno: Put a hand on that kids back ffs. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2018, 09:47:04 AM »
I hope GOP spokesperson Scott Baio can make it next year

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2018, 09:50:33 AM »
Was kid rock there?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »
Was kid rock there?

I don't think so but the comedy power house of Patton Oswald, Sarah Silverman and Jim Carrey all tweeted their displeasure for Trump during and after the sotu behind their comfy little gated communities.  You've heard of them right?  All very hilarious.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:44 AM »
How about the nuge?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2018, 11:47:38 AM »

repeal and replace or gtfoomf

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2018, 01:12:22 PM »
Was kid rock there?

I don't think so but the comedy power house of Patton Oswald, Sarah Silverman and Jim Carrey all tweeted their displeasure for Trump during and after the sotu behind their comfy little gated communities.  You've heard of them right?  All very hilarious.

following Patton Oswalt on twitter so you can get furious about his tweets must be an interesting thing

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2018, 07:56:32 PM »
Was kid rock there?

following Patton Oswalt on twitter so you can get furious about his tweets must be an interesting thing

Not furious in the least.  I just find it ironic that he calls Trump a troll and tweet's out venomous crap just like he does..  The hypocrisy is awesome.  He was great in Balls of Fury though.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2018, 08:24:05 PM »
it's interesting how low some people's standards are for the president

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:27 PM »

Such a funny thing to say.  He won the Presidency.  What should we do?  Revolt?  It's sad that you can't accept what he has accomplished regardless of what a tool he is.  Glad you're not bitter though. 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »

Such a funny thing to say.  He won the Presidency.  What should we do?  Revolt?  It's sad that you can't accept what he has accomplished regardless of what a tool he is.  Glad you're not bitter though.

I believe he's accomplished more than any other president in Year 1....isn't that right?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »
Fascinating

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »
Trump's whatthefuckisms aside, our country has never been better and it's time for you eff[lib]tards to get in line.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

I believe he's accomplished more than any other president in Year 1....isn't that right?

I never said that did I?  He's done well but the lib's can't acknowledge any of it without saying he's riding on Obama's coattail.  If he was actually that bad the economy and market would have crashed and burned by now right?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »
Rationalizing to own the libs
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
Clearly the stock market and economy are systemically racist. Just like the vaporis society and stuff.

Don is just experiencing the many benefits of white privilegeness.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
Rationalizing to own the libs

You're better than this.  To not acknowledge ANY accomplishment regardless of him being a tool is silly.  Owning the libs now is simple anyway...