Author Topic: oscar Weber: One of the Best  (Read 41912 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar Weber: One of the Best
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
i don't care that he's a dork and i don't care if he wins.  it's currie and the way martin was ran out.  i thought maybe i'd come around this season with currie gone, but it didn't happen.  maybe next year or maybe with the next coach or maybe never.  you can't force these things.

Guys.  This is some good stuff.  Don't hold back. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »
when the debate turns to whether or not a "play-in" is considered a tournament win, you've already lost
If he would have lost that game, people would have busted his ass and railed on the he doesn't win tournament games train even more. It's a valid point to analyze for non-agendites.

this just isn't true.  to me this has nothing to do with oscar.  I felt this way before this dork was even our coach.  I feel the same about the stupid "second round" thing. "Southern Utah States first ever second round win!"   ummmmmm, no.

I hate to agree with meowmeow here but the fact that people that support oscar are arguing this point speaks to the level we have descended to as a program.

It's been said elsewhere, but it sure seems to me like you are actually the one trying to manipulate the facts just so you can say oscar never won a tournament game because you want the guy you dislike to look as bad as possible.  I don't GAF about what the NCAA calls it, but a first four game is a postseason/playoff/tournament game.  If you win you keep playing and if you don't you're out.  What else would you call it?

I'll go a step further and say literally the only people not tallying first four games as tournament wins are people who don't like the school/coach.  You can prove me wrong if you ever complained about schools like Southern Utah State getting credited with a tournament win and it WASN'T in the context of criticizing oscar.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2018, 01:40:20 PM »
when the debate turns to whether or not a "play-in" is considered a tournament win, you've already lost
If he would have lost that game, people would have busted his ass and railed on the he doesn't win tournament games train even more. It's a valid point to analyze for non-agendites.

this just isn't true.  to me this has nothing to do with oscar.  I felt this way before this dork was even our coach.  I feel the same about the stupid "second round" thing. "Southern Utah States first ever second round win!"   ummmmmm, no.

I hate to agree with meowmeow here but the fact that people that support oscar are arguing this point speaks to the level we have descended to as a program.

It's been said elsewhere, but it sure seems to me like you are actually the one trying to manipulate the facts just so you can say oscar never won a tournament game because you want the guy you dislike to look as bad as possible.  I don't GAF about what the NCAA calls it, but a first four game is a postseason/playoff/tournament game.  If you win you keep playing and if you don't you're out.  What else would you call it?

I'll go a step further and say literally the only people not tallying first four games as tournament wins are people who don't like the school/coach.  You can prove me wrong if you ever complained about schools like Southern Utah State getting credited with a tournament win and it WASN'T in the context of criticizing oscar.

Well if you were my friend you would know that this has always been a source of contention for me and i discuss how stupid it is during every tournament.  But you aren't my friend and never would be because you are a complete idiot and i hate your stupid face.  No disrespect.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:54:31 PM by Whisker Biscuit »

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2018, 01:43:44 PM »
i don't care that he's a dork and i don't care if he wins.  it's currie and the way martin was ran out.  i thought maybe i'd come around this season with currie gone, but it didn't happen.  maybe next year or maybe with the next coach or maybe never.  you can't force these things.

Martin and Currie had problems, I agree. Martin, an East Coast guy, also created his own problems. He would not still be here, maybe by choice/ maybe not. It was a learning experience for him and those lessons learned have really helped him at S. Carolina. Good for him.

Like it or not Webber is a good coach. Recruiter? Mostly hard working blue collar types. Very similar to our football program. The way he changed up the defense and his players squeezed the life out of Texas after a bad start is a good example of his coaching. He could win a Championship and still have haters.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
He could

-retire
-take another job
-kill himself
-dress up like a fish and feed himself to a bear

Quit acting like poor oscar is helpless

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2018, 02:20:23 PM »
He could

-retire
-take another job
-kill himself
-dress up like a fish and feed himself to a bear

Quit acting like poor oscar is helpless

My how this whole thing has turned around on itself.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »
Weber inherited a winning culture with players that had won games in March, an angry home court advantage, sandstorm and tunnel dancing, so factor that in the algorithm as well since none of that exists anymore.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2018, 02:42:43 PM »
I don't really care if its a fun team to watch or not. I gave myself permission to be a fair weather fan in KSU basketball and it was a great decision. I watch when they play ku or another big team, sometimes, and sometimes I don't. I've given myself permission to be fair weather about all the teams I follow. I bet this summer I attend 7 or 8 Royals games and always know if they won or lost the night before. But I'm not living and dying with each game. Its not really worth my time to give a lot of energy into following teams and giving them my emotions like I have in the past. I'll always follow the Cats and Royals and Chiefs but backing off a lot has been amazing.

So, I'm happy for fellow Cat fans when the team does well.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »
It is true. Nobody supports oscar, many are just tired of the #BID'rs rinse and repeat shtick. It's old and played out and takes zero thought process to come up with reasonable explanations of what's going on from game to game. Some ppl just want to chat about the cats without having to thumb through a billion "eff oscar, BID, Classic oscar, etc.." bull crap.

For me WC I'm less of an active BID'r but more in the camp of KSU hoops needs to win me back as a fan. I just don't really care very much. If we make the tourney, of course I'll watch, but I don't have any excitement as a fan. I think a lot of K-State fans are more in my camp than the active Booing oscar Testy Westy camp. Its just not worth much time and energy. The program needs to do something other than being a perennial bubble team to get fans excited. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
Totally fair, friend.  :thumbs: K-State has always had me by the balls in an unhealthy way. So it's all I know.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »
But if we play in the Big XII tourney on Wednesday and _FAN wants to go, I'm in.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »
$1ish beers at bar louie, cf3!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2018, 03:06:46 PM »
But if we play in the Big XII tourney on Wednesday and _FAN wants to go, I'm in.

How about Thursday? Decent chance at the 11:30 game...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »
I get that people miss something about Frank. I don't get why they aren't honest about what it is. Tournament success isn't it. They're not going to do a 180 and start loving oscar if he wins a couple of tournament games this year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
I just want to say that pages 5 and 6 are some of the most mind numbingly stupid crap I've ever read, truly amazing stuff.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
The last time oscar coached a weekend game in the NCAA tournament he lost to Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed and the Morris twins
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »
they were probably dealing with adversity that neither you or i can comprehend

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
It is true. Nobody supports oscar, many are just tired of the #BID'rs rinse and repeat shtick. It's old and played out and takes zero thought process to come up with reasonable explanations of what's going on from game to game. Some ppl just want to chat about the cats without having to thumb through a billion "eff oscar, BID, Classic oscar, etc.." bull crap.

So, it takes all types for a fanbase. Athletic Departments and players really like fans that support the program no matter what. It gives programs some sense of stability and viability even during lean times. But without #BID'rs telling anyone and everyone that oscar is a Major League dork who will always be a step down from what is possible here, then nothing is ever going to change. It's good that Cat fans, the AD, and oscar know that we think that we deserve better. It applies pressure, and that's a good thing. If you find that annoying or repetitious, then just imagine what it feels like for us having to keep saying the same crap over and over for the past six years. We don't enjoy it either. But Cats deserve better than oscar. I think you all know that.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
Well that's a huge crock of crap.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »
The last time oscar coached a weekend game in the NCAA tournament he lost to Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed and the Morris twins
My God

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Look at it this way.  Shaka Smart should be available soon. 

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »
I was just sitting here considering how i would feel if Brad Underwood was our coach and the team was exactly the same...same players, same record, same everything.  I realized i would be very excited for our team and happy with where we sit in the Big 12 race.  I would very much be looking forward to a run in the tourney.   I honestly feel very sad about this because i think i've concluded that i will not be happy or excited for our team so long as oscar is coaching.  I truly wish i could change or overcome that...i really do.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
He's 12-13 this year bud and Groce recruited decently while he was there. Also, the big ten sucks this year too.