Author Topic: oscar Weber: One of the Best  (Read 40946 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar Weber: One of the Best
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »
some people are just happy to make the tournament because wooly never did, and that's fine, it's why oscar will be here as long as he wants

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »
That’s all oscar has and ever will do tho
He's about to make the tourney 4 out of 6 years with K-state. He was a 4 seed, a 9 seed, play in last year, and nobody knows where he'll end up this year.

Frank was a 11 a seed with beaz, a 2 seed, a 5 seed, and then a 8 seed.

Making the tourney vs tourney success are not the same thing.

He's gone TBT, Move on.  This team is really fun to watch and oscar is a good coach.  Don't do them dirty like this.

The Big Train

« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
He's about to make the tourney 4 out of 6 years with K-state. He was a 4 seed, a 9 seed, play in last year, and nobody knows where he'll end up this year.

He's gone TBT, Move on.  This team is really fun to watch and oscar is a good coach.  Don't do them dirty like this.

Somebody punch me in the face when I use these as metrics for greatest coach ever.

The Big Train

« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »
I love basketball and being a bubble team over and over again pisses me off.

Which is it, TBT?

Which is what?

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »

Somebody punch me in the face when I use these as metrics for greatest coach ever.

Your stance has nothing to do with metrics and you and your broken heart know it.

The Big Train

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2018, 10:40:18 AM »
Whoever coaches the globetrotters must be the best coach of all time. They are so much fun to watch!

The Big Train

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »

Your stance has nothing to do with metrics and you and your broken heart know it.

It does and if you can’t see that then we can agree to disagree because you’ll never get it.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2018, 10:43:45 AM »

It does and if you can’t see that then we can agree to disagree because you’ll never get it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
TBT, when did you start following cats basketball? And be honest. I think that answer is a huge dividing line for expectations between different cats.

And no M^2, it wasn't just wooly, it was Asbury, and Altman's 1 tourney appearance too. All I've ever known growing up is crap bball teams during my cognitive years of living.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2018, 10:52:30 AM »
I get that people miss something about Frank. I don't get why they aren't honest about what it is. Tournament success isn't it. They're not going to do a 180 and start loving oscar if he wins a couple of tournament games this year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
TBT, when did you start following cats basketball? And be honest. I think that answer is a huge dividing line for expectations between different cats.

And no M^2, it wasn't just wooly, it was Asbury, and Altman's 1 tourney appearance too. All I've ever known growing up is crap bball teams during my cognitive years of living.

wacky, don't do my guys Elliot Hatcher and Ty Davis wrong like that by excluding TA's appearance.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
I get that people miss something about Frank. I don't get why they aren't honest about what it is. Tournament success isn't it. They're not going to do a 180 and start loving oscar if he wins a couple of tournament games this year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »
This has been masterful.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »

wacky, don't do my guys Elliot Hatcher and Ty Davis wrong like that by excluding TA's appearance.

:love:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59:15 AM »

:thumbs: 

The Big Train

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »

I couldn’t tell you an exact year but probably early 2000’s.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2018, 11:14:51 AM »
I think it's the dork factor. I know oscar's weirdo looks and gestures bug me. Frank's schtick grew tiresome over time. I overlooked him as I will oscar when he put good teams together and developed players.

I just want Cat wins, nice tourney seeding, and some second weekend games. Is that too much to ask?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
I think it's the dork factor. I know oscar's weirdo looks and gestures bug me. Frank's schtick grew tiresome over time. I overlooked him as I will oscar when he put good teams together and developed players.

I just want Cat wins, nice tourney seeding, and some second weekend games. Is that too much to ask?

Nope. We all want the same thing.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:41 AM »
I did not have fun during the WVU game. At all. Or Tulsa. KU games were frustrating.

But overall I have had a lot of fun watching this team and the players this year. I really like Barry, Cartier, Dean, Sneed, and Kam. Mak sometimes. Love, Stockard, Wainright a little. I think McGuirl might have some potential.

And I'm looking forward to Hoops and Hops Saturday.

Sure.  oscar's teams have their moments for me.  But his basketball program, as a whole, has been mostly disappointing and frustrating.  I just find it much more difficult to get excited for oscar hoops.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »

Can't tell if you're trolling but this is actually pretty important.  i think it definitely plays a part in football for post-Snyder-hire fans....they all seem to have unrealistic expectations due to recent success because that's all they know....or maybe i my expectations are too low given my pre-Snyder experiences.

HOWEVER, i watched the cats coached by Jack Hartman and then Lon Kruger.  Through 1988 a case could be made that we were on par with our sister school to the east.  We were a basketball power and a delight to watch. Who can forget Ed Nealy???  I digress.  if you only know the Asbury, Wooly, Altman eras then oscar probably does look pretty damn good.  He isn't.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »

That's mocat tier B friend , and it's like sitting in your jacuzzi outside your chalet overlooking the mountains after a good day of shredding pow pow.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
And I have no issue admitting that my problems with oscar are tied to more than just his record.

If you're going to be mediocre you need to have some other fun/entertaining quality about you to make it more palatable.  If your only positives are that you run a clean program and you're easy to gif because you're weird and awkward, then you need to win at a higher rate.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »
gE....Tuck City, USA

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
i don't care that he's a dork and i don't care if he wins.  it's currie and the way martin was ran out.  i thought maybe i'd come around this season with currie gone, but it didn't happen.  maybe next year or maybe with the next coach or maybe never.  you can't force these things.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
Amy Button Renz gotta go.